Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 27 June 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 27, 12 1:57 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD 27 June 2012

[Post New]by VirginiaPat on Jun 27, 12 8:10 AM
Just finished the demo, the scenes are charming; the story is ridiculous; the hidden object scenes are clever, and the find the hidden object scenes are well done. I don't play the music, so can't comment on that. In some places the game seemed very easy, but many times I tried to solve a problem using the wrong object. For me, I wouldn't be interested at full price, but think it is well worth the DD.

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 27, 12 8:37 AM
Rediscovered this game. I bought it around a year ago. The graphics are really pretty. I like finding fractured pieces instead of straight HO scenes. I paid full price for the game. It is definitely worth $2.99!!!

[Post New]by VirginiaPat on Jun 27, 12 9:43 AM
After having bought the game today, and continuing to play,I realize this is a hidden gem, so to speak. It is just difficult enough to continue to be interesting, and each new scene is lovely and unusual. Thanks, BFG!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jun 27, 12 12:31 PM
I bought this awhile ago during a sale, because someone had mentioned in the forums that it was a good game, although an older game. Started playing, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the game. I really liked the visuals and the feel of the game. This is good at the DD price.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jun 27, 12 5:54 PM
Played for fifteen minutes. Clicked on a broom that apparently bowed to me but doesn't actually do anything else. Doesn't go into inventory and can't be moved. Clicked on a lantern which fell to the pavement and broke. Searched with cursor for object in broken pieces--surely that is the point of the lantern falling?--nothing. Graphics are not bad but not eye-catching, music slightly annoying, story--is there one? Isnt this a sequel to something? It feels like it. It doesn't speal well for a game when it doesn't even grab your attention as a DD. Maybe I'm just not into magical foresty kinds of games. I guess I have a dark soul.

There are plenty of games that are straight HOGs. If someone made a game that was straight FROGs like the FROGs in this game, I would definitely buy it. That's the only part of the game I liked and I really enjoyed that part. Otherwise, meh. Not even for $2.99.

Go to: