A personal thank you from the Director :)

[Post New]by ChrisCowan_Gogii on Jun 27, 12 10:57 AM
Hey guys,

I had to create an account to give you all a personal thanks for all the feedback on Infected: The Twin Vaccine.

This game was a big experiment for us.
About a year ago, fellow Director Chris Simpson had an idea to create a game with no budget. We asked friends and family members to be our actors and we proposed to do all of the art, film, audio and music on our own. We brought the idea to our employer [Removed by Moderator] and with the help and experience of everyone in our office, we were able to create something we're really proud of.

It's the first time I've ever designed or directed a game and Chris & I learned so much over the last year. We couldn't of done it without our amazing programmer Joseph O'Connor. He came in as a new employee and was faced with the overwhelming task of making our first title in a brand new game engine.

What was meant to just be a little experiment that a couple people might enjoy has somehow turned into something people are actually talking about and playing. It seriously blows my mind.

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for all your feedback, good and bad. We hope to do another one soon and squeeze into it all of your suggestions and the experience gained over the last year. All the thanks in the world to each and every one of you.

Happy Gaming!

-Chris Cowan
Director of Infected: The Twin Vaccine

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 8:32:55 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:A personal thank you from the Director :)

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 11:27 AM
Hello Chris and welcome to the Pond...

I would like to thank you and your co-workers for all the hard work you have done to make this a really great game. And I liked the bonus game as well - something I can't say of many CEs.

So thank you and your team for a really wonderful and interesting game.

Valdy

[Post New]by ChrisCowan_Gogii on Jun 27, 12 11:39 AM
Valdy wrote:Hello Chris and welcome to the Pond...

I would like to thank you and your co-workers for all the hard work you have done to make this a really great game. And I liked the bonus game as well - something I can't say of many CEs.

So thank you and your team for a really wonderful and interesting game.

Valdy

Thanks Valdy!

mpat70
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mpat70 on Jun 30, 12 5:51 PM
Good game until shovel disappeared - is there a fix

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Jul 6, 12 6:18 AM
I just wanted to thank you for doing the new build for this game. It fixed all the problems I was having with the guide not working and things disappearing. You have a very good game here and I hope you do more in the future!

Miranda53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Miranda53 on Jul 16, 12 5:18 PM
I just finished the game (and the bonus chapter) and all I can say is hurry up and do a sequel! I LOVED this game...it had a great story, was challenging but not impossible, and I was really sorry when it was over. Great job, guys! Thanks!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 24, 12 7:15 PM
I too just finished the game and it is absolutely amazing! I really enjoyed the combination of real people in a non-real (sort of) background. The 'Behind the scenes' was a wonderful bonus and made me appreciate all that went into creating a unique and unusual game experience. The voices of the characters were perfect and beautifully in sync. I particularly liked that you used family members and am looking forward to seeing Uncle John as Carl in a future game. I hope there will be a sequel. Not a 'happy' game but one I will not forget.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Aug 4, 12 12:44 AM
I truly want to thank you for one of the most beautiful and deeply moving games I've ever played. This is the first time a game has brought tears to my eyes...in a very good way. It took a great deal of courage for you and your family to step outside the box and take a creative risk like this. I look forward to your next installment (and this is from someone who becomes very weary of sequels.)

Brilliantly done. Jeannie

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 1, 12 6:48 PM
A truly amazing game that makes one feel like they're IN a movie! I love it and I'm only halfway through so far.

The realife characters are wonderful, voices real.

Gameplay is not so hard that you can't figure it out and hints are there if you need them.

The graphics are so lifelike, weather, animals, fire, sky, housing, all is very realistic and so a WELL DONE to you as I look forward to playing any future games like this one!

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Sep 17, 12 11:06 AM
Hi Chris!

L O V E D I T

Hopefully a sequel is coming?

Continued success!

Karen

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jan 22, 13 11:53 PM
Thank you so much for a great game. I really enjoyed the Behind the Scenes addition too. I enjoyed the hidden objects scenes--very different from the standard and I like it better. The family did a great job and I personally love the voice of Michael. Thanks again.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Jan 23, 13 1:11 AM
Hello Chris and welcome

This is one of my "favorite" games. I "loved" practically everything about the game and thought it was an excellent game with one of the most interesting and realistic story lines I've ever played. Would "love" to see a sequel ASAP. The only thing I didn't care for was the Bonus Chapter. I thought it was too short to be a CE & didn't add that much more to the story to me. That's just my opinion. Otherwise I would have given it a 5 easily. Hope to see "many" more games like this in the future. The more realistic the better IMO. Thanks again to you and everyone for this fantastic game. (It's in my top ten games).

Go to: