bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 12:19:51 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 28, 12 12:42 AM
and one more!after mystic diary which went back on windows each time i tried to start it,now,this which gives me BF page,dev page and shut down with runtime error!

i have sent a ticket to BF team and i am waiting now!!!!
i played beta in march and all was ok!so i wander :what is utility of betas,if when the game is published,some things added make it to be unplayable on the same computer?

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Post any Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jun 28, 12 12:48 AM
The cursor has got a mind of it's own and goes everywhere, I have even altered the settings so that I am using my own cursor but it's still doing the same thing which is making the game unplayable.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 28, 12 3:36 AM
edmee1947 wrote:i wander: what is utility of betas, if when the game is published, some things added make it to be unplayable on the same computer?
Good question IMHO; I wonder the same thing!

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Jun 28, 12 4:02 AM
my demo lasted 5 minutes.....then i got the prompt saying my free trial was over!x

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 12 5:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

edmee1947: please see the advice I posted on how to deal with that runtime error here.

When we Beta test games, we are looking typically looking for feedback on the gameplay as opposed to testing for glitches. Of course, we strive to realease games that will run smoothly but we are unable to predict how a game will run on certain systems. The good news is that some quick adjustments or updates should solve any compatibility issues! There is some really great troubleshooting tips available on our Help pages.

tillybaby: If the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

If those steps don't help or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Cazzle18: when trials expire before the time is up, uninstalling and reinstalling the game usually solves this.

Hope this helps Fishies,

bfgBaikal

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by katie546 on Jun 28, 12 9:53 AM
I used the sling shot and got the symbol of maturity, but when I went to the gate to put it and the symbol of birth on the gate, the symbol of maturity was not in my inventory. I went back to the tree and looked on the ground thinking that maybe I hadn't picked it up, but it isn't there. Can anyone help with this, please? Thanks katie

Mogwa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mogwa on Jun 28, 12 1:55 PM
Game is playing fine but when playing Full Screen it is sized oddly on my iMac screen. Example: In HOS the text in the bottom row is only half visible. I suppose I can change screen resolution to resolve this but no other game I've played (from BF or otherwise) has required this type of adjustment. Current resolution is 1920x1200 on a 27" screen using default Mac settings. ATI Radeon HD 2600

EDIT: Oops. Screen 24" inches.

ADD: I enjoyed playing this game. My iMac is not a laptop but its default resolution is different than the default Windows uses for that size screen. There was a dead zone at the top about an inch wide and the cutoff problem at the bottom. My opinion is the developers didn't tweak it correctly for Macs but I could be wrong. Anyhow... That was the only problem I had with the game. Everything else worked fine and I repeat: I DID enjoy the playing the game.

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 7:54:59 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 28, 12 6:27 PM
Mogwa wrote:Game is playing fine but when playing Full Screen it is sized oddly on my iMac screen. Example: In HOS the text in the bottom row is only half visible. I suppose I can change screen resolution to resolve this but no other game I've played (from BF or otherwise) has required this type of adjustment. Current resolution is 1920x1200 on a 27" screen using default Mac settings. ATI Radeon HD 2600

I have the SAME issue. This has never happened to me before in any other game. I can kind of see the objects required and I can make them out but its annoying. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The last game by this developer worked outstanding on my computer so I am not sure exactly why I can only see half of the bottom row...is anyone else using a mac besides us having this issue?

[Post New]by evildead2 on Jun 28, 12 7:43 PM
megwoman25 wrote:
Mogwa wrote:Game is playing fine but when playing Full Screen it is sized oddly on my iMac screen. Example: In HOS the text in the bottom row is only half visible. I suppose I can change screen resolution to resolve this but no other game I've played (from BF or otherwise) has required this type of adjustment. Current resolution is 1920x1200 on a 27" screen using default Mac settings. ATI Radeon HD 2600

I have the SAME issue. This has never happened to me before in any other game. I can kind of see the objects required and I can make them out but its annoying. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The last game by this developer worked outstanding on my computer so I am not sure exactly why I can only see half of the bottom row...is anyone else using a mac besides us having this issue?

Yes I'm using a Mac and experiencing the exact same thing. Had to do what Mogwa had to do and resize screen resolution.

Now my issue is after I place the piano key the game just shuts down and goes back to game manager >_<

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jun 28, 12 8:29 PM
Same problem for me--part of screen is cut off at bottom, something that has never happened on my Mac before. In the HO scenes, it means that the third line of objects is sliced off by two-thirds.
I don't know how to "resize" the screen, & hope this glitch can be fixed!
Also, there is a marked lag time (black screen) when changing scenes. This can take a l-o-n-g time. Don't know what's going on, but can't buy the game in this condition.

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 8:30:58 PM PST

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jun 28, 12 8:37 PM
I'm playing on a Mac & haven't had the screen problem others had. My cursor freezes for a few seconds every once in a while. I got to the scene where I had to turn the 4 dog heads to different colors. They wouldn't turn. According to the "guide" I had done everything prior to this scene.

tillybaby--are you related to me?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 29, 12 12:27 AM
Hi Fishies,

For Mac users experiencing issues with the screen display, this is a known issue for computers such as 15" MacBooks using the 1440 x 900 resolution. A current workaround is adjusting the resolution to 1280 x 800 or 1024 x 768 or playing in windowed mode.

However, we're hoping this issue can be solved by the developers as soon as possible.

For a sluggish cursor causing trouble, please try disabling this custom cursor from the Options menu and see if that improves anything.

evildead2, is the game crashing for you, or does it just bring you back to the Game Manager indicating the demo is over? I'm not totally sure where the demo might end, but perhaps that's what's happening here.

If you feel this is an error, try going over the steps in the below help article:

Mac Game Errors

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

jagel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jagel on Jun 29, 12 1:11 AM
I did buy the full version of this game.
It downloads and install correct, but when I shall play
then I only come to first big fish logga and then to devs logga,
then I´m beeing throwed out and back do GM with the message:
Runtime have dicedered to terminate in an unusual way.
What can I do.
Have uninstalled och re-, same problem.
Please help.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 29, 12 1:50 AM
welcome to the club,jagel!the same for me!and as far as today here in france(10:46 am on 29 june,the solution suggested by the BF team is uninstall the beta i played in march(done before they asked,when i had the first run time error!!!) so i send a feedback and i'm waiting for another solution,perhaps!
but i was wise enough to not buy without playing demo first,even if beta worked ok!
i hope they'll do their best to help!

jagel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jagel on Jun 29, 12 2:25 AM
Thank you, then I know it´s just not me.
I am in Sweden, greetings from here.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 29, 12 4:21 AM
well,well,well!i have found a solution for runtime error,but can't be good for everyone!i change my olsd computer (9 years old on august!) to an older one(12 years old in spring!!!!)and that works!so jagel,if you have another (laptop or not)computer in the house.....maybe the trick will be helpful!

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on Jun 29, 12 6:14 AM
Couple of problems. Over-talking on one occasion so couldn't hear what was being said. Also it took an absolute age to come out of the game.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 29, 12 7:40 AM
Just to go on record, I had the same issue with screen size on my 24" iMac.

On my wide screen the game fills the screen but has a 1/2 inch black band at the top, a 1/4 inch black band at the bottom, and the bottom row of the HO scene list is cut off.

[Post New]by Mette1982 on Jun 29, 12 8:22 AM
jagel wrote:I did buy the full version of this game.
It downloads and install correct, but when I shall play
then I only come to first big fish logga and then to devs logga,
then I´m beeing throwed out and back do GM with the message:
Runtime have dicedered to terminate in an unusual way.
What can I do.
Have uninstalled och re-, same problem.
Please help.

I have the same problem.... Bought the game, downloaded and installed with no problems, but when I try to start the game, nothing happens.
I have tried to change properties to run as administrator, but it doesn't work :-(
Please help, this game sounds so fun.

Go to: