bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jun 28, 12 1:00 AM
There are 3 modes of play . I played on the middle level. No sparkles . Hint button still recharged quickly though. The hardest mode does not have sparkles , hints or skips.

HOG scenes , at least for me are clear and the objects were not too small.

There is some voiceovers and the little dog is very cute.

Strategy guide only shows the first two chapters. In the 40 minutes I had not made it to the end of chapter 1.

Snake alert ! There is a scene in the demo with snakes. There are quite a few of them.

I am not sure where this is going with the dogs. I am curious to play the rest though to see where it goes. There is a bit in the demo that may or may not upset animal lovers. Not sure how to warn about it without giving away a major spoiler. Even whiting it out.

I think I may get this next month when my punch card starts over. It has drawn me in enough to want to see what is going on. I will leave the more detailed reviews to others.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 28, 12 1:20 AM
I like this game! How refreshing to have a different theme for a change. Someone is kidnapped and you have to go in search of of them. The dog is so cute sweet. The graphics are beautiful and the hog scene's are easy enough to see.

For me this is a cute sweet storyline that keeps me interested. And the mystery is just enough to make me want more. For sure give this a try and for me it's a buy. Well done develeopers and thank you . Enjoy!

Yes: Widescreen
Yes: Voiceover's in some cut scene's
No: Sparkles in two of the modes of play
Yes: Custom Cursor
Yes: Map let's you travel to other scene's
Yes: Journal
3 Modes of play: Expert/Advanced/Casual
Sound: Music/Effects-Voice
Theme: Beautiful Adventure

I rate this game: “FINE SWINE”
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 28, 12 1:22 AM
I love dogs............ I wasn't bothered by this game......... its a game..............This is a great game............,but I won't buy it until I find out the length of it. If you want to pay extra for wallpaper? I'll sell you mine $4.99 bargin.OK OK $3.99 my bottom price..........If you want music, I'll sell you my CD'S...................If you want to know how a game is made go to Utube its free.................all that said, I will buy this game, when I find out the length of it................under 6hrs I'll wait for the SE......SORRY not worth double price for junk that you won't use again .............................Someone said the game is quiet long. I bought it, not sorry I did. Great game that took over 6hrs to finish

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 11:53:16 PM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 28, 12 1:29 AM
I bought the game without testing, and had to change my display to 100 from 150 manually...

But I like the graphics, the plot, and above all - the help i n the HOS and out of it, with navigation arrows!!!

There is a map too, with the ability to jump from one location to another! YAY!!!

The hints recharge very fast! All set for a spoiled player like me, to enjoy the game!!!

Length according the SG (the font is quite small. so you can add few pages to each of the sections:

Main game - 6 chapters, 40 pages.
Bonus chapter - 41-54 page - 13 pages (quite big).

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jun 28, 12 1:41 AM
Stunning graphics and beautiful settings; pleasant music, agreeable voice acting.... yet 35 minutes into it, it seems too simplistic to me; everything is a bit too 'spelled out' for the player in terms of what is required to complete tasks, etc.

Nice to see a game offered with a 'different' [e-hem] theme, yet it probably is just not for me.... I do believe many fishies will really like this game though.

Since, I want to fill up my punch card with the end of the month almost here, I'm tempted, yet not sure if I would be motivated to really finish it (again, not my type of theme and also very easy)... so I'll will wait and see what other's report in in terms of how it pans out in it's entirety.

Happy gaming to fishies that buy it!

eta: clarity (hopefully , since it's in the wee hours here and my brain is mostly asleep)

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 1:44:23 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 28, 12 3:28 AM
Good morning govols, Lisa (good to see you back!), saphhire, Rebeca_Lily, and all fishies,

Based on the demo:

What can I say? Absolutely terrific and entertaining gem here!!

Lisa has already listed the particulars for us so I'll just add this----the Widescreen presentation adds so much to the beautiful graphics and artwork it just makes the black bar games absolutely pale in comparison. And the graphics and artwork (done in a sort of old time days style) are indeed stunning. I only made it about halfway through the demo as I was simply gaping at the beautiful scenes in front of me. Big kudos to the devs for the attention to detail and the obvious effort in this stunner.

The story is interesting and different. I'm not sure where it's going, but can't wait to see.

From the map that lets you jump, to the good voiceovers, to the journal, to all the extras that should be in every CE, this game is a winner.

It is absolutely worthy of at least a trial, and it's getting my money NOW!!

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 11:59:51 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 28, 12 8:08 AM
This is a terrific game with excellent graphics and an original story. It is very long, 6 hrs including the BC. Great SG that stays where you left it. Fast hint and skip buttons. Very enjoyable and interesting to play. Good voice overs and characters. Music so-so. Good HOS that are sharp and clear with no clutter and everything easy to see. Also liked the puzzles in this one. A good few I have not seen before.

Definitely a first class game. Good work, guys.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jun 28, 12 9:06 AM
As an owner of 4 dogs (or one who is owned by 4 dogs...) I may be - oh - slightly biased when it comes to reviewing dog themed games still - this is a great game even if you only own one dog

Not only will I give it a fins up - but when Pippa barked in the first scene all 4 of my dogs jumped up and ran outside to see where that interloping dog was - so we can verify the authenticity of the sound track!! Or at least say my dogs approve of the canine voice overs!

Love the graphics, obviously I love the plot & so far the attention to detail is superb! Obvious devs put a lot of thought into building this out as a full story with relatable characters & boy does the house look like the house of a dog lover! Also really enjoying the humor - always a welcome note in games that would be too gloomy or sad otherwise!

The demo runs flawlessly; cursor moves smoothly, scene transitions are quick etc - hopefully this will hold when I download the full version!!

Looking forward to playing this one - Happy Gaming!!

Patter57
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Patter57 on Jun 28, 12 9:28 AM

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 12:22:39 AM PST

manitoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manitoban on Jun 28, 12 9:33 AM

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 12:22:50 AM PST

manitoban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manitoban on Jun 28, 12 9:34 AM

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 12:22:59 AM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 28, 12 11:20 AM
Very good game so far, but I am a bit concern with :what will follow, I love dogs and animals in general, so I don't like to see suffering and torture if there are in this game, I am sure it's worth as CE, but I would like to know (if anybody already finished) what's ahead before to buy it! Overall I think is excellent for the graphics work, art concept, but the music is so sad, so the locations, but i am willing to give a try if I can have an answer! Thanks!

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 28, 12 11:40 AM
Map that lets you jump to location, hint button that gives you information, beautiful graphics, fun game, cute dog, different - what more can I say. I love this game!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 28, 12 1:23 PM
Very nice game. Clear graphics, very good game play, music is exciting (don't think I have ever said that about the music), HOGs not difficult but items found are appropriate to the game, very little voice overs, very simple games so far. Wonderful SG, didn't use the hint, so don't know about that. Really like the different storyline.

Big dog person, so when I saw the little bulldog, I knew I had to have this game to see where it went. Game drew me in from the beginning. Definite buy for me.

Thanks for the reviews.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jun 28, 12 1:29 PM
I enjoyed the demo and this is a must buy....but I may wait for the CE since I don't know how long the game is. I played this in Beta testing some time ago and love it and I am glad to see it finally make it here.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 28, 12 2:44 PM
Enjoyed the demo and I will buy it, don't know if it will be a CE or SE but one or the other. Graphic's were great and puzzles were able to do. Hints reloaded fast and like that it has a different storyline. Great to have a map to use and the developers did a great job. Give it a 4 out of 5 stars..

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 28, 12 6:46 PM
I give this 2 1/2 stars - The first part was fine but bonus chapter was not up the usual standards I expect from you. Uninstalled it & put it away a very long time may be when the moon turns blue.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 28, 12 11:48 PM
CoolGrammy1 wrote:I enjoyed the demo and this is a must buy....but I may wait for the CE since I don't know how long the game is. I played this in Beta testing some time ago and love it and I am glad to see it finally make it here.
The game took me about 6hrs to finish but I skipped 3 puzzles so add some extra time for them excellent game

Go to: