COMMENTS

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

COMMENTS

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 28, 12 12:53 AM
I have never experienced so many emotions within the first 10 minutes of a game. Horror at the story and that poor man. Distaste at depicting dogs in this way. Delight at cute, adorable little Pippa. Grief at her kidnapping. Pity for the little boy sobbing his eyes out. Laughter at the comment on the boys getting on together, and huge appreciation for the beautiful, wide screen graphics.

Goodness knows what the rest of the game will be like. I, for one, am definitely into finding out. Buying

PS - Does anyone else find it odd that these devs have put no name or logo to this game? Whose is it?

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 12:57:44 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:COMMENTS

[Post New]by govols2 on Jun 28, 12 1:03 AM
I know what you mean sheerija. Especially at the kennel with the little dog. I want to keep playing to help him. I was kind of in shock after what happened in the first few seconds. Going to get this next week for sure.

I didn't even notice that there was no logo.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 28, 12 1:06 AM
Self correction. Logo and name are there. Right at the beginning (where else, Sheerija) just for a second. I saw it when I went back in. It's very quick and I must have looked away in that moment the first time.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jun 28, 12 1:06 AM
The developer is Blam! Games, which also developed The Keepers: Lost Progeny (I can mention the developer because the cart on its website redirects to BFG).

What a large game this is though

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Jun 28, 12 1:07 AM
I didn't even get to the demo. They are making the games so big now, I even cringe at anything over 400 or 500 MB. This is 1.23 GB. I won't download it out of the principal that I would like to actually uase my computer for something other than games and ones this size are ridiculouss. I have a huge hard drive but still .......

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 28, 12 1:10 AM
I am so totally not interested in a game about pets that I won't be even trying this one out.

Hope it's a good game for those of you who are into house pets.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jun 28, 12 1:13 AM
It took ages for me to down load it, and I placed my comments in the wrong section..ooopsie..senior moment.
I am going to try to see the demo out, but really not happy about certain bits of the game, but really well made, great graphics, just will be interested to see where it goes with the story.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jun 28, 12 1:15 AM
It took ages for me to down load it, and I placed my comments in the wrong section..ooopsie..senior moment.
I am going to try to see the demo out, but really not happy about certain bits of the game, but really well made, great graphics, just will be interested to see where it goes with the story.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 28, 12 1:25 AM
Good morning, everyone...

I have only played for a little while but... oh oh oh oh ohhhh... I'm loving it.

I love the fact that both the HINT and SKIP buttons fill fast in Easy mode, and the game also comes in widescreen for me.

An additional bonus for me is also that this game plays in the olden days - late 1800s century. Love it. Makes everything look so cosy.

Anyway... I can't be seen standing around here all day long. Have to be off to download the full version.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 28, 12 1:29 AM
Bpup wrote:I am so totally not interested in a game about pets that I won't be even trying this one out.

Hope it's a good game for those of you who are into house pets.

I understand what your saying, but I think you'll like this one. It's not sirupy sweet. It kinda reminds me of "The Hounds of Baskerville". At least check it out. I think you'll be surprised. I hope you give it try and then you'll see if you'll like it or not.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 28, 12 1:36 AM
Good Morning all

Valdy every time I am dithering about buying a game I look at your comments and I too am now off to buying this game.

The hour I spent playing the demmo just flew by so I must have been enjoying it, just wasn't sure about the content. But you are right it is a good game.

Linda

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jun 28, 12 1:43 AM
I love CE Thursday!! Very excited to see this game. I find it very enjoyable to play. It is a very large game, taking a while to download.

I also found out today, there is a new Dark Parables - Red Riding Hood coming, but not till the fall. Can't wait

Happy Gaming Everyone!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 28, 12 2:58 AM
slimjims36 wrote:I didn't even get to the demo. They are making the games so big now, I even cringe at anything over 400 or 500 MB. This is 1.23 GB. I won't download it out of the principal that I would like to actually uase my computer for something other than games and ones this size are ridiculouss. I have a huge hard drive but still .......

What works for me on these games with the big files is this----I just go ahead and d/l the game, check it to see if all is working and ok, then I uninstall it until I'm ready to play. After I'm done playing (ewhenever that may be), just uninstall it because BF has it ready for installation anytime I might want to play it again. (After all, you could never keep all the games you buy on your hard drive.)

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Jun 28, 12 3:23 AM
cbtx - That is my procedure too cbtx.

Early on I noticed my games played slower when the GM had over a few games in it. So now I keep only one M3 favorite destresser game downloaded in the game manager for instant access. This means there is usually room for any new games I want to demo or download to buy.

Then at some point I uninstall a finished game and it is still available for future reloading from my BFG purchase history.

Fewer computer problems (including installations), games play smoother (most of the time) and my new 'flavor of the day choice' is always just a few clicks away in the BFG toolbar ready for reinstallation.

Loving this game already..... and

jt

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 28, 12 4:01 AM
Just wanted to add that like cbtx, I uninstall games after I have played them (usually twice but sometimes once is enough!). Saves space on the hard drive and can always be downloaded again at some point if I want to replay.

This is a lovely game which I am off to buy

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Jun 28, 12 4:30 AM
RFLOL! ! ! PIPPA.....is now the name of a dog. I wonder if the devs chose the name 'Pippa' before OR after the royal wedding.....Pippa....it's still cracking me up, I don't know what is making me laugh more.....the game itself or the name of the dog.
A nice fluffy, friendly dog named Pippa would be understandable and a compliment. A monster dog named Pippa, I don't think so. Just doesn't do anything for me except laugh..
I hope (the real) Pippa ..... doesn't take the devs choice seriously and to top that, she definitely does not fit the phrase some men use to describe unattractive women in real life "she's a real dog...." The devs, are probably a bunch of guys who were playing off the negative phrasing re: women. ....and I don't know why, out of all the names available, the devs chose 'Pippa'.

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 4:51:44 AM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jun 28, 12 4:57 AM
Can anyone tell me if the SG holds it place? Thanks in advance.

Edited on 06/28/2012 at 4:57:23 AM PST

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jun 28, 12 5:08 AM
prchalpn wrote:Can anyone tell me if the SG holds it place? Thanks in advance.

Yes.. it does and the map transports you also.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jun 28, 12 5:14 AM
giddiup101 wrote:
prchalpn wrote:Can anyone tell me if the SG holds it place? Thanks in advance.

Yes.. it does and the map transports you also.

Excellent!!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jun 28, 12 6:30 AM
Are the HOG scenes junk piles? I refuse to even demo a junk pile HOG and no one has mentioned how the HOG scenes are at all other than clear and not too small items.

In answer to some people who say to me... just demo it.... I cannot see the sense in downloading a game that I will delete as soon as the first junk pile HOG scene comes up. Usually the thumbnails show there are junkpile HOGS but this time they don't. So please someone let me know. Doesn't matter how sensational the game is I'm sick of junk piles HOGS.

Go to: