bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 29, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tink44 on Jun 29, 12 1:21 AM
Can't find the "Buy Now" or "Play Now" buttons!!! Is it me?

alice21
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by alice21 on Jun 29, 12 2:09 AM
Hi Tink

Its because its a Tomorrows Game Today, you'll have to sign in to access

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 29, 12 2:19 AM
Tink44, as alice21 already mentioned, since this game is Tomorrow's Game Today, you'll need an active Game Club membership to be able to try or purchase this game today. Make sure you're signed in to the website when trying to do so!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Chiefcat on Jun 30, 12 3:16 PM
The rocks won't move. I uninstalled and reinstalled. They still won't move. Very irritating. Is anyone else having this problem?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 1, 12 9:27 AM
Hi Chiefcat,

Since uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help, the next thing I'd try is updating your graphics drivers, which you can learn more about in the help article here.

If you try that and the rocks still aren't moving, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at how the game is running on your computer and suggest some more specific troubleshooting ideas.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Pliri
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Pliri on Jul 4, 12 10:32 AM
When I get to the wall of pictures, it keeps freezing. I've restarted once already. I found one picture and placed it, then moved it and lost 3 of the pictures. I then tried to skip and it froze on skip.

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks ....

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 11:23 AM
Hi Pliri and Welcome to the Forums.

First, please try the suggestions in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those don't help with the game freezing on you, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into how the game is working on your specific computer and can suggest more specific things you can try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by LadyBluebell on Jul 7, 12 4:07 PM
I am also having problems with the wall of pictures. I found the firemen's picture and placed it, then moved it and lost all the pictures on the left hand side. My game did not freeze but I could not get the picture off my cursor, so I restarted the game. The wall is still missing all the pictures on the left hand side. When the skip button fills up and I press it nothing happens. I can continue the game but without the piece hidden in the wall, I think it would be useless. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but I am still in the same situation....stuck and fustrated!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 8, 12 2:19 PM
Hi LadyBluebell,

If you haven't already done so, first please try updating your graphics drivers. We find that this helps a lot of customers who run into an issue with their game freezing on them. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not working, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by EvieGame on Jul 10, 12 4:58 AM
I keep getting error codes when trying to install the game? All other games install with no problem..help please.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 10, 12 10:37 AM
Hi EvieGame and Welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're running in to those error messages while you're trying to install this game! Depending on the type of error code you're getting, I have a couple of things you can try -

The help article here goes over how to deal with common error codes and general problems that can come up when you're installing a game.

If you're seeing an Access Violation error, the help article here has some things you can try for those.

You can also go to our Help Pages and do a search on the specific error number you're seeing.

On the other hand, you can definitely get in touch with our Tech Support team right now and give them the details of your issue and those error codes. They have the tools to really delve in to how the game is running on your computer and can work with you directly to get everything resolved. Just click the link below to read more about how to get in touch with them and send in that information:

How do I contact Tech Support?

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/10/2012 at 10:38:23 AM PST

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Aug 15, 12 7:47 PM
Very sluggish floating mouse cursor. Even switching to the system cursor didn't help, and that usually fixes it. Any clues?

Note: If you do a forum search on "sluggish mouse" you get pages of complaints, but no solutions from BFG. If you just search on "mouse" or "cursor" you get over a thousand PAGES of similar complaints.

The "Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen" section doesn't mention the floating mouse at all--unless I missed it?

BFG, could you PLEASE set up a help page for this problem?
--lately every other game I try has this problem.

Thanks in advance . . .

[Post New]by rosyglasses on Nov 16, 12 1:57 PM
Finally! After three profiles, uninstalling and reinstalling this game, I followed the instruction here making the administration changes. And it worked! I followed the advise to keep my hands off the mouse until the skip had filled each time and I quickly moved past that darned firemen's wall. Whew! Don't give up...it only took me three tries and 4 days!

[Post New]by moborn85 on Jun 28, 13 11:58 AM
I cannot get the hint button to function. I've been playing this game since yesterday and I had no problem. Today when I try to click on hint nothing happens. Any suggestions would be great or a fix would even be better. I have my game set at the easiest. The hint button is charged.

Go to: