bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 29, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 29, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jun 29, 12 5:04 AM
I am not as good as some with reviews..can't believe I am the first one..but here goes

Based on DEMO in regular mode
plot - again with the frantic letter, find the professor, save the world
opens in wide screen
voice over OK
options for sound, cursor, wide screen, voice over, and "aspect corrections???"
graphics crisp, HO easily found, some interactions,
journal available, no map, puzzels are standard, fast skip button
hint button works outside of HO areas. Your "friend" is a blackbird

I had no major complaints..just not sure it is a buy for me but worth a try for others to determine for themselves

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 29, 12 5:55 AM
I've never written a review but I'll try. The beginning has a long scene with real actors that explains the story of the game. The game it's self isn't that great, to me. There are way too many cut scenes with real people then it goes back to the game. The game loaded fast as does the hint button. The HO scenrs are easy. There is a regular or hard mode for game play.There also is a walkthrough which I believe most will need as the story goes into allot of different locales.

dlk_shades
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dlk_shades on Jun 29, 12 7:37 AM
I played the game for about 15 minutes and hated several things about it.

The CUSTOM cursor. It drags and is very slow to respond to where you want to go and you can't change it to the regular one.

I didn't like that in the HO scenes the items are removed with what looks like blood. It really bothered me.

The hand and glass to show me something always annoys me. Why can't the just zoom in of it instead and forget the hand. I wasn't fond of the way it opened and closed, when there was something to pick up.

I am one of those people who sparkles don't bother. I prefer to have them, since I already have a real job (only to pay the bills for more games and pay for real life stuff) that involves a lot of stress. I play the games to relax not have to get stressed about finding something. There is a hard version so no sparkles there.

I really didn't get into the game because of theses things and I didn't try the map. I always play with the sound off again because of all my real job noise. I like peace & quiet when I get home, not more noise.

This game that I wish this was more like Royal Detective. That game I really enjoyed. I would have purchased this game, but I didn't like those things I mentioned. Unstalled it 15 minutes of play.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 29, 12 4:41 PM
wow only 4 reviews.....................So either this games is bad, computers are broke, or everyone is on vacation multiple choice, OK OK I got it everyone is on vacation, I hope I haven't tried the game yet but I'll be BACK............................... .........................edited now I know why. There is a CE on this game and it's quite a good game................I enjoyed playing it, but try it for yourself

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 4:46:12 PM PST

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Jun 29, 12 6:05 PM
Hello World Wide!! I found this game quite enjoyable as it is an SE, so the cost is applicable in my budget. It is a 'soft' game..easy to follow through, HOG's are sometimes a little difficult for me (I have to wear glasses) to find some of the tiny, hidden objects. Even the background music fits in as I barely noticed it! Otherwise, after 24 mins. of play I enjoyed it enough to buy it. As the other 'critics' say, "try it first".

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Jun 29, 12 7:44 PM
This one is a no go for me. I got a little queasy from the slanted orientation of a couple scenes, the long blackout while scenes loaded and the extended blinking scene at the beginning.

I tried it on two computers, so it seems that it's not my computer speed that is the issue.

I'd rate it a "Meh".

However, I did like the idea of the live action cut scenes and the voice over was very well done. I also like that some hidden objects were the multi-step kind where you have to perform an action to find an item.

cherzy13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by cherzy13 on Jun 30, 12 12:10 AM
THIS ONE IS ALSO A BIG FAT NO FOR ME, AND I THOUGHT A NEW PREMISE WOULD BE WELCOME. THE GRAPHICS WERE WELL DONE, AND THE HOG'S WERE VERY, VERY EASY. BUT, THE STORY LINE WAS CONFUSING AS BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP!!! I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GO, WHEN TO GO THERE, AND WHY!! I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE ENTIRE GAME WAS EVEN ABOUT OR WHAT THE THEME EVEN WAS. AFTER FOURTY MIN., I FINALLY DECIDED I HAD BETTER THINGS TO DO, LIKE SLEEP. TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY. GOODNIGHT FISHIES.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 30, 12 7:02 PM

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 9:17:33 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 1, 12 10:31 AM
this game is a good adventure and HOS. it is a buy,buy,buy.------doug & lisa

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 9, 12 4:49 PM
A bit of a strange one....there is A LOT of running around with no map which is really a pain in the arse. Thank goodness the hint button does refresh quickly 'cause you will need it or go crazy. The curser is clumbsy. The HOS are easy but the mini games can be a nightmare at times..the solutions don't always make sense and then flash away so fast you cannot really try to figure out why they are what they are. The journal does not always record the codes, etc you may need somewhere else down the line and unless you remember where you may have seen them, you just have to use the hint button.

The main thing I really dislike about this game was the up close, in the face voice over people....there is no need to have the screen filled with someones face and eyes...yuck. I had to turn off the voiceovers as they drove me nuts....the music was odd but bearable. I give this game a 3 minus , because it just did not flow well was a bit confusing and I was glad when it was over....but on the up side, it did actually have an ending!

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jul 17, 12 11:18 AM
Gets a bit tedious after awhile, but you tell yourself the ending is worth it...only it's not. It's not as bad as many, but it's dullsville. You go through all that trouble to get a 15 second ending with not even as good of graphics as they had throughout the game.

Wish I hadn't bought, but oh well. If you don't mind a bad ending there are enough puzzles and going back and forth to keep you busy for a while.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Aug 1, 12 6:04 AM
This is a good game. A good story and lot's of HOS and puzzles. At first I couldn't get into this game, so I stopped for a while then started over. That was probably me. I enjoyed it.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 6, 12 9:46 AM
I for one liked this game alot! Puzzles frustrate me and yes the constellation one sure did, but I got through it and went to the end.
For me, it's a magical journey which I love. I give this a definite 's up!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 6, 12 12:53 PM
pretty good game

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 12, 12 2:34 PM
This is an ok game...I am very glad i did not buy the CE...i found myself rushing thru the game to get it over with. I think most should just pass this one up & buy another one instead...sorry.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 30, 13 9:43 AM
I’m Just Not Sure

GAME COMPLETED A COUPLE OF TIMES

Somewhat disappointed in this game, it was not at all as interesting as it originally seemed. It didn’t follow through on a dramatic and vivid opening with same calibre game play. Visually, it was unattractive, grainy and dull, although the enigmatic talking blackbird was very well done, I thought.

The story was nothing new – save significant other, in this case favourite prof, and in the process save the inhabitants of an afflicted island to lift the curse put on it by an evil mage. It’s an ever popular story, and I’m happy to play any of its variants. But this one didn’t seem to flow. There was rarely any clear way forward, so finding the next task became tiresome.

One thing I did like was the way the predictions of the future were presented in parchment scrolls showing sketches of it. But they only gave a very broad strokes.
Another good thing were some of the puzzles. Very absorbing and clever. Take the time to work out the clock one, for example, very satisfying to see the results of your efforts.

One final potential point in favour of this game for others (alas not for me) who are interested in encoding and deciphering puzzles. There were several of these, and no amount of effort made it possible for me to understand how they aligned the cipher rings or how the alleged clues helped. *Sigh* Have fun those of you who can.

With all these pluses and minuses it’s hard to decide whether to recommend it or not. This really is a try before you buy game, but ultimately...

I don’t recommend this game!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 31, 13 1:15 AM
I played all but 11 minutes of the demo before deciding I really could not take any more of it. If I had to play this piece of caca to save the world, bye-bye world.

There was way too much that didn't add to the game -- unrolling scrolls, visions, flashes and cut scenes -- and none of that made any sense.

The main thing I really dislike about this game was the up close, in the face voice over people....there is no need to have the screen filled with someone's face and eyes...yuck. I had to turn off the voiceovers as they drove me nuts....

Ditto.

THE STORY LINE WAS CONFUSING AS BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP!!! I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GO, WHEN TO GO THERE, AND WHY!!

Thankfully, the hint button works outside of the HOS and refills quickly, but where's the fun when you have to continually get a hint again and again and again?

I don't recommend this game.

Go to: