Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Stuck by the basement window

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Jun 29, 12 2:26 AM
Help! I can't get past here. I have found the dowel and the shell and moved to the scene on the right by the river. I can't do anything else and naturally I don't have the right tool in my inventory - the hammer is too small, I can't build a bridge and I don't have the lever for the vice. I've been right through the every scene and there is nothing I can do Any suggestions fishies?
Thanks

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Stuck by the basement window

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 29, 12 4:45 AM
Delorean01, it seems like you'll need to complete a puzzle with the shells:

Examine and place the HANDLE on the wardrobe; pull to open; take the SHELL 3/3 (A) and GEAR (B ).
Examine and place the DOWEL 2/2 on the mechanism (C) to trigger a puzzle.

Move the stack of disks from the left to right.
Select the ring you wish to move and then select the stack you wish to move it to. You cannot place a larger disk on top of a smaller disc.
Solution: Move the purple disk to the right stack, move the green disk to the center stack, move the purple disk to the center stack, move the yellow disk to the right stack, and move the purple disk to the left stack.
Move the green disk to the right stack, move the purple disk to the right stack, move the blue disk to the center stack, move the purple disk to the center stack, and move the green disk to the left stack.
Move the purple disk to the left stack, move the yellow disk to the center stack, move the purple disk to the right stack, move the green disk to the center stack, and move the purple disk to the center stack.
Move the red disk to the right stack, move the purple disk to the left stack, move the green disk to the right stack, move the purple disk to the right stack, move the yellow disk to left stack, and move the purple disk to the center stack.
Move the green disk to the left stack, move the purple disk to the left stack, move the blue disk to the right stack, move the purple disk to the right stack, and move the green disk to the center stack.
Move the purple disk to the center stack, move the yellow disk to the right stack, move the purple disk to the left stack, move the green disk to the right stack, and move the purple disk to the right stack.
See screenshot (D) for solution.
Take the GARDEN PRUNER (E).
Back out twice.

These steps are from the Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Walkthrough, I'd recommend taking a look to see if there's anything you might have missed.

If a game has a walkthrough, it will be located at the top of the Forum.

Good luck and happy gaming!

-bfgRhone

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 4:45:57 AM PST

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Stuck by the basement window

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Jun 29, 12 9:40 PM
Hi bfgRhone

Many thanks for your prompt response. I feel really foolish now as I had not actually considered going LEFT as an option, that is, I kept going back to the scene by the ship and the shells (DOWN). All sorted now and really enjoying the game

Go to: