mail rack ds game

[Post New]by gipare on Jun 29, 12 5:35 AM
Hello,
I always play this game on the a ds and on ds we cannot skip the puzzles also I am stucked on this puzzle.
Please explain how can I do this puzzle or if you can show me a screenshot on this
site or send me by e-mail [Removed by Moderator]. I will be very happy to understand how to do finally this puzzle and continue the game.

I played several games on big fish game french.
Awaiting your reply
Pat

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 11:40:40 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:mail rack ds game

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 3, 12 9:18 AM
Which puzzle? We can help if we know which one, but this isn't enough information for us to be able to help. Or you can read through the existing threads to see if your question has already been answered.

Also, it's NEVER a good idea to put your personal email on a public forum. In the right hand column, under your screen name, is a "My Messages" link. Ask someone to send you a PM (Personal Message) and look for a reply there - if there is a PM there will be a number next to the My Messages link.

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 9:18:41 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 3, 12 11:40 AM
Hi gipare,

Welcome to the Pond! That's a pretty tough puzzle in the game. If I remember correctly, the mail needs to be sorted by their type, which is also somewhat color coordinated. Not having the option to skip the puzzle on the DS makes it a bit tougher, but if you try certain combinations with lining up mail classes in the racks, you should be able to get past that part. On the left, there should be a hint at what type of mail goes in that row, and then you line up the rest of the parcels according to that.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Popje271 on Aug 2, 12 5:17 AM
Hi there, I am also stuck on the mail rack. It doesn't give any hints except for to sort it on color and class. So no problem to sort it by color, but by class ??? I have 5 options I , II, III and then VV (or maybe W) and another sign which looks like a questionmark. Allthough I am not sure about the last one. It's simply too small to read and I don't know what it VV (or W) and ? means. The system doesn't give any other advise about how to interpretate this puzzle and there are about 125 combinations (maybe even more) possible. I have been trying for more than 2 days now and fed up with it allready. Anyone who knows?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 2, 12 2:52 PM
Hi Popje271,

This is definitely a tricky puzzle, particularly when playing on the DS. After doing a bit of research, I found some tips that might be helpful.

First, you can sort each row by color. The top row should be the yellow envelopes, the second row is for the newspapers, the third row is for green cards, the fourth row is for red packages, and the fifth row is for the blue booklets.

Once you have the rows color coordinated, each item should have a small number stamp on it. They should be labeled I, II, III, W, and ?. These match up with the number plates at the top of the shelves.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by anneds on Aug 3, 12 1:29 AM
Hello,

I'm also stuck on the mail room. I even tried it for two week and I finaly had to give up the game, because there is no possibility to skip on DS.
Now I read here that there are numbers on the envelopes, but on the DS you can't see the number stamps, so if you want to find the correct place, you only have the colors and than there are still hundreds of possibilities.
Please, can you give a very clear description where to put the mail or better a picture of it, so I can continue the game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 3, 12 10:28 AM
Hi anneds and other Fishies who are stuck on this puzzle,

Because it sounds like the symbols are hard to view on the DS version, I'll do my best to explain each row of mail here so you can advance past that part.

Top row: these are all the yellow envelopes. From left to right, place the one with the bow, the horizontal one with the large seal, the other horizontal one without a seal, the vertical one facing right, then the vertical one facing left.

Second row from top: these are all the newspapers. From left to right, place the vertical standing newspaper that's rolled up, then the stacked papers, then the other stacked papers (these two are hard to tell apart without seeing the numbers on the tags but you can swap them to try the two combinations), then the standing paper that has a crease in the middle, then the standing paper that slightly faces to the right.

Third row from top: these are all the green cards. These ones are much harder to describe, but you can use the directions they face to tell them apart. From left to right, place the standing card facing left, then the standing card facing center, then the card facing right, then the card facing left (this looks almost identical to the first facing left card, but you can try swapping these two for different combinations if you're not able to see the number stamp on them), then in the last column place the horizontal card.

Fourth row from top: these are all the red packages. From left to right, place the package with the bow on top, then the package with the horizontal white ribbon in the middle, then the one with the blue bow, then the sideways facing package with the white bow, then the one without a bow on it.

Bottom row: these are all the blue booklets. These might be hard to tell apart like the green ones. From left to right, place the titanic advertisement facing right, then the one facing center with a diagonal stripe, then the one with a map on the face of it facing center, the the other one facing right with a graphic at the top, then the one facing left with a face on it.

Hopefully these descriptions help!

bfgSeine

Edited on 08/03/2012 at 10:28:39 AM PST

[Post New]by anneds on Aug 4, 12 4:15 AM
Thanks for your quick answer, I immediately tried but it doesn't work.
In the newspaper row I have a higher and a lower stack of papers, witch comes first?
And in the green row I only have one card facing left en you describe two cards facing left.
I made a picture of my screen to show you, but I don't know how to send it to you.
The other descriptions I think are clear and I tried to swap the ones I wasn't sure of, but still I'm not any further.

Yes, I solved the mail room.
It was very difficult, because the pictures on the DS are not quite the same a on the PC game. But I played the PC game till I was at the mail room and compared the pictures.

Top row, Yellow: see description of bfgSeine.

Second row, newspapers:
From left to right, place the vertical standing newspaper that's rolled up, then the highest stacked papers, then the other stacked papers, then the standing paper with the photo on it, then the papers with the black stripe in the middle.

Third row from top, green cards.
From left to right, place the standing card facing left with a Christmas bell on it, then the standing card facing center with the three red spots, then the card facing right it's only green and white, then the other standing card facing right, then in the last column place the horizontal card

See for the red and the blue row the descriptions of bfgSeine.

For me it worked that way.
Lots of success.

Edited on 08/13/2012 at 9:57:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Stragler on Jan 17, 13 6:58 AM
None of the explainations work for me.

Go to: