bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ - Released on February 04, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 3, 09 11:00 PM
Nick Chase, a hard-boiled Private Investigator, is in need of a job. Lucky for him, one arrives from a man known only as The Collector. Solve a variety of puzzles and find hidden clues to uncover the mystery behind the missing manuscript penned by Leonardo Di Vinci. Explore gorgeous hand drawn scenes with a gritty film noir style in this one of a kind Adventure game where everyone is a suspect!

CarmenO
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ - Released on February 04, 2009

[Post New]by CarmenO on Feb 3, 09 11:39 PM
great game! bought it just to continue the puzzles. good challenges but solvable. nice mixture of types. i am stuck on the valves in the skyscraper. if anyone knows how to get past please let me know.

[Post New]by Charlene1949 on Feb 3, 09 11:46 PM
Great game and it lets you skip. I could not finish the ID Card for Goden Cats. Got to the part ready to stamp and finish and could not figure what to do. Please explain when any of ya'll get there please. I think this is a re-player. Entertaining and challenging

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Feb 3, 09 11:53 PM
Love this game!!! Great story, wonderful art (the little comic book captions are sweeeet!), amazing voice talent. The mini-game style puzzles are either unique or a a very well-engineered version of the usual. Adventure style puzzles range from clever to "Oh my gawd!" pulling-your-hair-out hard. (Which makes them very satisfying to solve.)

This is the first game since RTR and Redrum to really pull me in. Every little aspect of it is just a notch above. Bravo!

CarmenO
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CarmenO on Feb 4, 09 12:21 AM
As usual game was too short and ending disappointing but not sorry i bought it and i will play again.

dehdahdoh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dehdahdoh on Feb 4, 09 12:33 AM
I am stuck at the door to the apt of Nick's friend. I found the key and it is in the lock. I know how to make the first move, get the top of the three deadbolts unlocked. I have unlocked the second one and I can't duplicate it. I have been nowhere near getting the third lock undone to open the door.

Any suggestions?

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 4, 09 5:12 AM
does anyone know what to do with the bomb??
It says match similar numbers together. I have tried everything.
Please Help!!! Thank you so much in advance

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 4, 09 5:23 AM
midnight1864 wrote:does anyone know what to do with the bomb??
It says match similar numbers together. I have tried everything.
Please Help!!! Thank you so much in advance

Put the clock hands on similar numbers- like 5 and LV and push the red button

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 4, 09 5:26 AM
dehdahdoh wrote:I am stuck at the door to the apt of Nick's friend. I found the key and it is in the lock. I know how to make the first move, get the top of the three deadbolts unlocked. I have unlocked the second one and I can't duplicate it. I have been nowhere near getting the third lock undone to open the door.

Any suggestions?

Hi dehdahdoh - welcome to the forums!

After you get the first one, turn the knob two or three times and click the handle, then turn the knob a few more times and click the handle again. I don't recall exactly how many turns for each, but remember to start over if it's incorrect.

Hope this helps

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 4, 09 5:39 AM
Thanks prpldva I will give it a try

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 4, 09 5:42 AM
midnight1864 wrote:Thanks prpldva I will give it a try

You're very welcome! Have fun with the game!

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 4, 09 5:57 AM
well that worked great! Now I am on the wires.
Do you know which wire you trace to cut??
Sorry, I feel like an idiot.... I'm usually quite good at this. I think I have to many things on my mind. Not quie focused. Thanks again prpl, I really appreciate it..

[Post New]by photochippy on Feb 4, 09 5:59 AM
Absolutely love this game, Nice change from the usual Hidden Object games. Graphics are cool, love the storyline and the comic book style. The puzzles range from simple to challenging. Just trying to figure out what to do to complete the task alone is sometimes a challenge. Glad I bought the game. Wish it was longer. Would love to see more!! Thanks for a great game BF.

[Post New]by photochippy on Feb 4, 09 6:00 AM
Okay, now I'm stuck. Anyone have hints for finding the door in the hotel? I've tried everything I can think of. Help!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 4, 09 6:01 AM
midnight1864 wrote:well that worked great! Now I am on the wires.
Do you know which wire you trace to cut??
Sorry, I feel like an idiot.... I'm usually quite good at this. I think I have to many things on my mind. Not quie focused. Thanks again prpl, I really appreciate it..

I think it was a green one, but not sure- careful... you blow up if you click on the wrong one

[Post New]by photochippy on Feb 4, 09 6:02 AM
Charlene1949 wrote:Great game and it lets you skip. I could not finish the ID Card for Goden Cats. Got to the part ready to stamp and finish and could not figure what to do. Please explain when any of ya'll get there please. I think this is a re-player. Entertaining and challenging

[Post New]by photochippy on Feb 4, 09 6:03 AM
Charlene1949 wrote:Great game and it lets you skip. I could not finish the ID Card for Goden Cats. Got to the part ready to stamp and finish and could not figure what to do. Please explain when any of ya'll get there please. I think this is a re-player. Entertaining and challenging

[Post New]by photochippy on Feb 4, 09 6:05 AM
Regarding gold card: Did you remember to put the space stamp between the two words?

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 4, 09 6:13 AM
Thanks Prpl, I'll try green. Yes i have blown up several times.
I really am enjoying this game, I would say it's biggest draw back (other then being a little short) Is that you can't start where you left off. You have to start at the beging of that chapter.
Thanks again Prpl

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 4, 09 6:42 AM
CarmenO wrote:great game! bought it just to continue the puzzles. good challenges but solvable. nice mixture of types. i am stuck on the valves in the skyscraper. if anyone knows how to get past please let me know.

Hi Carmen, welcome to the Pond. You can only turn the taps/valves off when they are cool, ie when they no longer have 'steam' keeping them hot. Start at the top and turn a tap off tthis will stop a small amount of steam, wait a while for that to take effect and then click another tap which is also out of the steam. Continue doing this until all taps are turned off and you can safely walk to the elevator. (There are temperature gauges dotted about but I didn't bother with them so I do not know whether they actually show the 'cool taps' or not.)

Go to: