bfgFlounder
9,721 Posts

Welcome to Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 3, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ forum

[Post New]by Nagasse on Feb 4, 09 11:02 AM
This game is ok, a bit slow on the newpaper like clicks to move on. Also, a bit slow in general, the skip button has to load and why does it hide your hints?

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Feb 4, 09 11:26 AM
you dont get to use hints on the "skip" sections. These are puzzles and can only be solved or skipped.

marleymay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by marleymay on Feb 4, 09 2:11 PM
I just finished the game and really enjoyed it...I was fustrated that you couldnt use hints on the puzzles...I like to solve them instead of skipping them....really doesnt make since not to have hints when you can go to forums and get the answers anyway...It was alot of fun and liked the fact it wasnt the same puzzles over and over like some of the other games....will more than likely get #2 whenever its released. Thanks BF!

[Post New]by tnette13 on Feb 4, 09 7:48 PM
How do you get the stamp on to the VIP card?

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,590 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 4, 09 8:33 PM
You have to drag the letters onto the stamp. Use the name on the tattered nametag, but place them BACKWARD. Is that the card you are talking about? Hope this helps.
M

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Feb 5, 09 2:23 PM
Well done! The graphics and the character voice casting were very well put together to create an overall tone for the game perfect for the story line, and the hidden objects and extra hint items were relevant and sensical. I found gameplay to be very smooth without annoying load times, and when it did take time to load something, it gave you a little hourglass to say it was thinking and didn't waste time loading wasted between-scene junk like the last natalie brooks. Also didn't just freeze the cursor like some of the latest, which I hate cuz every time I wonder if it's loading or frozen. I thought the game play was intuitive, and I like that the puzzles make sense with the story - like the repeating sequence puzzle, many games have something similar, but it ususally has very little relevance and here it makes sense with your objectives. Just a very well thought out game all the way around. Kudos!!

Edited on 02/05/2009 at 2:25:01 PM PST

[Post New]by GFgirl on Feb 7, 09 4:49 PM
Miern wrote:You have to drag the letters onto the stamp. Use the name on the tattered nametag, but place them BACKWARD. Is that the card you are talking about? Hope this helps.
M

Please tell me where to find the stamp

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,188 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 7, 09 5:33 PM
GFgirl wrote:Please tell me where to find the stamp
Above the desk there is a wooden storage unit. Click on that to get a close up view, then put the letters in backwards to spell Golden Cats (backwards). Remember to put in the blank tile between Golden and Cats. Good luck

[Post New]by wirasakty on Feb 7, 09 9:17 PM
i can't find and sever the connected wire...
anyone can help me??? please...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,346 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 7, 09 9:19 PM
wirasakty wrote:i can't find and sever the connected wire...

hi wirasakty- welcome to the forums!

Cut the green wire, second from the bottom, on the right..

[Post New]by wirasakty on Feb 7, 09 9:21 PM
i found it!!!
i found it!!!

[Post New]by wirasakty on Feb 7, 09 9:23 PM
prpldva wrote:

thank you.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,346 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 7, 09 9:24 PM
wirasakty wrote:
prpldva wrote:

thank you.

You're very welcome!

[Post New]by TrishB on Feb 8, 09 8:05 AM
A perfect blend of HO, creative puzzles and a format that requires some thinking versus the typical "seek and click" games. Even the narration was first rate. If you're an adventure game lover, there's nothing not to like about Nick Chase except that it's way too short! More of these, please!

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Feb 8, 09 8:08 AM
I think this and one other HOG will be the next games I`ll buy.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Feb 8, 09 9:32 AM
I'm not buying this one. It had pomise, I like puzzles and HOG but I'm just not having much luck or fun with these puzzles.

[Post New]by BHarris700 on Feb 8, 09 11:32 AM
I love HO games, but not this one. I couldn't wait for the trial to be finished.
Won't waste a game credit on this one.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,619 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Feb 8, 09 4:49 PM
I already played this game through. It was exciting and had some challenging puzzels. I got throught them all except. I could not figure out how to write "Ron Buch" on the VIP card. I am replaying the game without hints or skips and I am still stuck on how to write the name. Can anyone help me through this.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,346 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 8, 09 4:57 PM
Kirland wrote:I already played this game through. It was exciting and had some challenging puzzels. I got throught them all except. I could not figure out how to write "Ron Buch" on the VIP card. I am replaying the game without hints or skips and I am still stuck on how to write the name. Can anyone help me through this.

Hi Kirland- welcome to the forums!

When the signature appears, use the pen to trace the red areas. If correct, another red area will appear.

Go to: