bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 30, 12 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles technical issues here only

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jun 30, 12 12:59 AM
I already own the first two games of the triolgy and now very disappointed as I get Error Access Violation when I hit play. This is occuring alot lately with games I want to play. Have uninstalled and re D/L 3 times with the same error

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Jun 30, 12 1:02 AM
The game opened up with sound only and a black screen for me. I don't usually have technical issues with BFG.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 30, 12 1:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're seeing Access Violation errors or a black screen, I'd recommend updating some of the graphical components needed for this game if you hadn't already. You can find the steps in the below help article:

limey_scale, if this problem seems to be recurring, please get in touch with Tech Support if the above help article didn't help you correct this issue.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 30, 12 2:39 AM
I was able to play the demo okay, but, when the 'movie' was playing, it took many many clicks to get it to change scenes, and in the second chapter, the greek letters/clock hands game didn't work at all! I had to wait until I could skip it so I could continue the game

Jen

[Post New]by sinjin on Jun 30, 12 6:43 AM
Only get black screen and sound, have to CTRL/ALT/DLT to get out of game.

[Post New]by queenpixie on Jun 30, 12 7:37 AM
I get a flickering jumping screen. Everything plays but there is so much distortion, blacking out and jumping I can't even see to play. I have downloaded this game 4 times, all from different browsers, and always get the same result. :-(

[Post New]by smocoz on Jun 30, 12 8:25 AM
I can't load this game. I have tried 3X. Please fix.

[Post New]by rebeccamarye on Jun 30, 12 9:33 AM
When I unlock the cabinet to display the printers ink, it opens, the ink starts to pop up, but then freezes. I can't take it. If I exit the scene and return, it's still there, sitting in mid-air. If I exit the game and re-start, it's gone (but not in my inventory).

Very frustrating, as I can't progress....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 30, 12 10:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you seeing problems with your display, such as black or distorted images, you might try the basic troubleshooting steps we have available here in our help article:

rebeccamarye, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps to get past that part. You can find more information on how to do that here on this help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Jun 30, 12 11:14 AM
I've tried every screen resolution available on my computer and still can't get the game to show me the entire scene. Whenever I've had a problem like this in the past, setting my resolution to 1024x768 has worked but not this time.

Any suggestions/ideas???

[Post New]by yvetteb_007 on Jun 30, 12 12:16 PM
hollyodie wrote:I've tried every screen resolution available on my computer and still can't get the game to show me the entire scene. Whenever I've had a problem like this in the past, setting my resolution to 1024x768 has worked but not this time.

Any suggestions/ideas???

I am having the same problem

[Post New]by rebeccamarye on Jun 30, 12 12:19 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

rebeccamarye, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps to get past that part. You can find more information on how to do that here on this help article:

bfgSeine

FYI, didn't make any difference. I'm not going to pursue it. I remember now that I had the same problem with the 2nd Flux game (wouldn't let me take the book of secrets) and it was never resolved--tech support just wrote it off as a problem with my Wacom.

[Post New]by amtwildrose on Jun 30, 12 12:39 PM
I too am having a problem getting all of the game on the screen,,,, will do so when I uncheck full screen under options but this just leads to smaller objects to find ,,,, please fix ,,, did not have this problem in the other 2 games

[Post New]by betsybobbin on Jun 30, 12 2:05 PM
I am doing the demo and have started chapter 2. Can't zoom in on the tool box to get the part for the wires. 8 minutes left on demo and I'm not buying until I can resolve this. I right clicked on the mouse and got a closeup of tool box but not magnifying glass. What's wrong???

bobrien45
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bobrien45 on Jun 30, 12 2:13 PM
Same problem here with game not fitting on screen. There's a black border on the right and game off screen on left. Has anyone found the solution yet???

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jun 30, 12 2:54 PM
I tried to watch the movie, and kept hitting "click to continue" but literally waited 45 seconds for it to progress to the next scene. Also, very jumpy screen. Disappointing, because I like having HOGs and FROGs together. Oh well, maybe I'll see if a fix comes along.

[Post New]by AMERICANESKI on Jun 30, 12 3:36 PM
HI TechSupport
Same problem with ink bottle and also with tool box.
Played the demo and got to chapter 2 decided to buy the game.
First try, at chapter 2 showed the tool box but screen flashed and part did not go to inventory.
Restarted the game with new player name
Got to the ink bottle and it froze on the screen
Hung there
Went out of game and back in and ink bottle was gone.

The cursor is kind of "jerky" and I can't use the custom cursors either.

I have been having problems with a number of your games over the past year. Have spent MUCH time with technical support and various tech people by email
Seems that NONE of their suggestions work!

What's going on. I am truly disgusted with the situation. Games I wish to buy will not play on my computer no matter what I download, upload, change, "fix" with the help of your tech support.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Jun 30, 12 3:42 PM
I'm having trouble with the game fitting the screen. Big wide space on right and jammed up on the left. Loved the first two, hope this gets fixed soon. Brand new computer so can't be me!

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by NormanFan on Jun 30, 12 3:59 PM
betsybobbin wrote:I am doing the demo and have started chapter 2. Can't zoom in on the tool box to get the part for the wires. 8 minutes left on demo and I'm not buying until I can resolve this. I right clicked on the mouse and got a closeup of tool box but not magnifying glass. What's wrong???

Same here - I keep clicking on the toolbox and nothing happens. It's too bad, since this is a really fun series, but this is just too frustrating to purchase and pursue.

Go to: