bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 30, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 30, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Jun 30, 12 8:55 AM
If you like the other two Flux games, you'll like this one as well. The demo was fun and exciting and ended way too soon.

- There are two modes of play: easy and harder; I played the harder version.
- There are voiceovers - the same voices as the other two games and quite nice.
- The graphics are the same - bright and, I think, pretty
- There is a journal, but no map. I'm not sure a map is needed. Each chapter has a limited number of scenes.
- The hint works in and out of the HOGs.
- The gameplay is the same - fractured objects and interactive HOGs. The fractured object pieces turn blue when they are hidden and faded when they are found in a different scene. The HOGs are a little challenging, but when I hit the hint button, it was usually a "Duh" I should have seen that.
- The puzzles are not so hard they can't be done. I didn't see any instruction, so had to figure out what needed to be done in some cases. I may just have missed them.
- You collect Flux Facts in the various chapters. They usually have historical information (e.g., the Wright Brothers) or Flux Family History. The Journal indicates the number of Facts per chapter.

I plan to buy this tomorrow to start a new card. Can't wait.

Happy gaming fishes.

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 8:55:52 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jun 30, 12 9:27 AM
I like this game the same way that I enjoyed the other ones in the series.

Like the graphics the games and the HOscenes are very interactive. The game fills my screen nicely, the story is as usual interesting and full of adventures.

I agree that the demo was too short.

This one is a buy for me.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 30, 12 12:03 PM
Finally is here!!!!! I have played the first two of series and this one should be the conclusion, I love it! The colours are really vibrants, the minigames are not easy at all, and I am playing in advance mode, yet the hints and the skipping options don't take too long to recharge, the graphics are excellent so the concept of the artwork!
Thanks devlps for this awsome trilogy!

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 30, 12 12:13 PM
The other two Flux Family games were fun, but this one seems to be the best. I didn't even wait for the the trial to end before buying this one. The graphics are so colorful and bright and I love that you find several pieces and then use the item within a room you just came from instead of holding item for long periods of searching. The help button gives you clues when you are unsure where to use an item, but you reallly don't need the hint button too often. Thanks BF and developers for a clever, fun game.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 30, 12 12:36 PM
KCErin nice review....and thanks goes to all of you actually. I appreciate your time and thoughts. Downloading now, it sounds fun and a bit more on the cheerfull side of things

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 30, 12 12:49 PM
An 8 hrs SE? Unheard of, by me anyway. I'm sure this was meant to be a CE. Beautiful graphics, perfect navigation and hint/skips that are super fast. It's very, very intelligently thought out, with infinite precision and care and wonderfully put together. The cut scenes are brilliant. Small wonder it has taken so long to be released. It must have taken an eternity to create this intricate, sophisticated game. And, whoever, made the WT deserves a medal. Excellent job. This game is simply fantasmagorical.

But, OMG, it nearly drove me to distraction! The first chapter was fine and that was the demo over. Then, it got stuck and I could only move the cursor in short jerky bursts but not make it go where I wanted it, so had to cad. This happened again a little later on. Loading the chapters took ages and they may as well not have bothered saying "Click to continue" because it just sat there and only continued when it felt like it. After exiting to the WT, I could not get back in again for about 30 secs, every time. Quite a few of the puzzles were also sticky and would not operate other than in a sort of slow motion, where I could not control the cursor, so had to be skipped The text and the voices were not speaking the same dialogue sometimes. Finally, if all that wasn't enough, after every puzzle sparkles would freeze the screen for a few seconds and then slowly dissipate before I could move on.

It appears to me that they were so intent on what I have referred to in the first paragraph, that they did not pay attention to the technicalities. All these glitches and stop/start and cads made the game much longer than it actually is and they totally marred a terrific piece of work.

These things all need to be fixed, pronto, before too many people buy it and start dissing these devs for their shoddy workmanship.

pishka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by pishka on Jun 30, 12 1:16 PM

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 8:48:29 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 30, 12 1:22 PM
Mixed feeings. I liked the previous two games. However, to me, this seems more of the same and there have been many improvements in game design since the last one was created. It is okay. If I run out of CE's to play, I will probably play this one. However, I am not really a HOG game fan and this one is loaded with HOG scenes. However, you must use strategy to play this game. It is not as boring as most HOG games. I think the graphics could have been updated. I will probably use a coupon for this game. To me an average game, however, I am not into games saturated with HOG scenes.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 30, 12 3:30 PM
It's been awhile since I played the other 2 and know that I really enjoyed playing them, but this one, I just don't like it as well as the other 2. I played all the way until the end of trial and had to use lots of hints.. I had a hard time figuring out what or where I was supposed to be doing or going. Like that it's both a FROG and HOG and graphics are nice and clear and can see object you have to find are one of the things I liked. I will have to think on this one. I only give this a 2 out of 5 stars..

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 3:31:44 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 30, 12 8:15 PM
Wow, this has to be the longest game I have played in ages. And I skipped a lot of the puzzles as this series always has a lot of those that I just don't enjoy figuring out. The hos were also a challenge, usually at least one item that I just couldn't find. I also had a problem, off and on, with a few scenes freezing up, mainly the video ones, and one puzzle scene...the one with the xray, but I was able to simply restart and go back in and it would work again. Except for the xray, and yet the skip button worked, go figure. I still think it is a good game, and I really enjoyed the length. Such a shocking thing, I know, since this wasn't a CE, and I am curious to know if it was supposed to be. Perhaps because of the length they didn't include a bonus chapter so that would exclude it by CE criteria? Anyway, I think they could come up with another sequel, lol. Things could be really weird on the other side of that wormhole, lol, and Victoria still has her evil side

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Jul 1, 12 6:09 AM
I liked it too, as much as I did the first one. The second was OK, but this one was better. The length of the game, graphics, storyline, the fragments, all good.

Lots of puzzles, but you could skip them with only a brief delay if you wish.

Only one small annoyance - the movies had a "click to continue", but would not continue until it was ready.

Like the previous poster, I think there is still a lot of story that can be developed, and hope the developers give us more.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 1, 12 10:29 AM
this is the third game of the series and it is the best of the three. if you enjoyed the first two, you should get this one. it has a 4 star rating.-----doug & lisa

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 1, 12 7:44 PM
Great game, I am sorry to see it end. I believe their should have been one final chapter to see if they made to the parell world. Just a thought. What happen Jesse & Who is the little girl. These points should be answered to really complete this game.

Again a great game. This is the type of game I will buy always.

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 7:48:48 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 1, 12 8:03 PM
I found this game painfully boring. The HOS objects were so small I needed a magnifying glass. I did use the right click to zoom in on some objects. I just got so lost I suppose I should have taken notes. Back and forth over and over. The graphics are pretty and the story is okay. I just can not get over how small everything was and became frustrated. I used the hint button, but it did not help alot except to find objects in the scene you are in. I did not want to keep going back to Big Fish to read the Walkthrough and the strategy guide was non=existant from my game. Just kept saying couldn't find a match? Anyway, I'm just tired of the Flux games. Time to move on to something newer and better. Sorry BF, not for me. Sorry I bought it.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 2, 12 1:43 AM
I'm a huge fan of this series and I'm very sad to see it come to an end. But it's always good to end on a good note instead of running a good thing into the ground. If your familer with the other two, you won't be disappointed at all. The graphics and animations are terrific as usual.

I won't list all the details as other reviewer's have done a good job already. For me this is a buy and a must try. If you've never played any in this series, you must do so. You won't be disappointed. I really don't like saying goodbye and I'm sad this is the end of the Flux Family Series. But you brought me alot of fun and joy. Great job to the developers and thank you .

I rate the whole series: “FINE SWINE”
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 2, 12 7:47 AM
Pretty good game. Lots and lots to do..
The graphics were clear, music was appropiate, puzzles were easy and a bit different than the usual. It was a good purchase, I hope they have another adventure of the Flux Family!
Also, game play was plenty long enough, over 4 hours for me.
edited for spelling

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 7:49:08 AM PST

Kamille_59
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Kamille_59 on Jul 2, 12 8:46 AM
I am new in the series and I never regret I gave them a try!
Enjoyable,fun and brainy

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jul 4, 12 8:02 AM
Really enjoyed this! The gameplay seemed to last as long as a CE. The puzzles were challenging. Occasionally it was a little difficult to follow but a quick hint got me right back on track. The storyline is fun and the artwork is really good.

Go to: