DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 30, 12 12:55 AM
Hi there,
As a fan of this series, I have been eagerly awaiting the next instalment and hope this one has a more world-wide theme than the last game. I really enjoyed visiting the inventors/creators in the first one.
I know that a number of our members out there have had a chance to beta this one and hope you might pop in here to enlighten us all about your impressions ..... or if your DL is not as slow as mine (swimming through blanc mange again here) and you have had a chance to actually play it by now you could post your first impressions.
Cheers

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 12:55:57 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Comments for Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 30, 12 1:20 AM
Gm Lady

Awesome surprise thanks Big Fish! This game is as awesome and beautiful as the first 2, definitely did not disappoint. Graphics are gorgeous, the voice overs clear as a whistle, story still very interesting and the music fits perfectly. Kudos to a job well done!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 30, 12 1:23 AM
What a suprise! I have the first 2 and this one is also great. Only I can buy it to morrow. It looks beautiful.

Happy gaming!

Goodmorning DOL and sassylassie.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 30, 12 1:31 AM
Hi sassylassie and dobbie,
Yes, what a great surprise for tonight.
Oh dobbie, I wish I had your intestinal fortitude to wait to tomorrow .. .but seeing as how I have already burned PCCs on Thursday, I will probably purchase this one if I enjoy the trial.
Now I need to make a quick decision as to whether I really want the games on my "maybe" list. LOL
Cheers,
DOL.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 30, 12 1:54 AM
Hi DOL,

I don't mind to wait, because I have 3 games to play. And I have now a empty card. So I must wait for tomorrow.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 30, 12 1:58 AM
I had forgotten about the Flux Family. Great game. After the 1st chapter, I'm totally hooked. I love everything about it. No need to list them, just everything. Thank goodness it came today, it's just what I need to round off my punch card.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 30, 12 2:08 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Hi DOL,

I don't mind to wait, because I have 3 games to play. And I have now a empty card. So I must wait for tomorrow.

LOL Dobbie,
I thought I would save a couple of games for my holidays .... but needed some alternative mind time and I have already finished them.
Hi Sheerija,
I am glad that this instalment is a good one - I can't wait to play it myself ..... well at least I am over 50% in my DL.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 30, 12 2:13 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:What a suprise! I have the first 2 and this one is also great. Only I can buy it to morrow. It looks beautiful.

Happy gaming!

Goodmorning DOL and sassylassie.

Good morning Dobbie! I hope you enjoy it as much we are. I promise Dobbie it won't disappoint. Happy gaming

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 30, 12 2:18 AM
Good morning Lady

I hope you have fun with this game like I am. This came at a perfect time as hubby has to go to work this morning. But after I am going to kidnap him and take him to dinner. He worked so hard (truck driver) he deserves it after a 60 hour week. I hope you have fun and be safe.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 30, 12 2:26 AM
sassylassie wrote:Good morning Lady

I hope you have fun with this game like I am. This came at a perfect time as hubby has to go to work this morning. But after I am going to kidnap him and take him to dinner. He worked so hard (truck driver) he deserves it after a 60 hour week. I hope you have fun and be safe.

I admire anyone who has to work such long hours and the familes/partners who are affected by this.
I hope you both have a great time on your night out .... you can finish your game after .
PS I hope you are using silk handcuffs with your kidnapping attempt.
Enjoy

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 30, 12 2:29 AM
Yay, my game has finally reached the install stage, so I am off to play.
Great gaming all.
And for those of you who are able to take advantage of the BOGO CE sale.
Cheers

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 30, 12 2:44 AM
Well, I am certainly confused. The game is certainly fun to play, albeit with a couple of glitches, but how come it wasn't released as a CE first? Did I miss that release somehow?

There is definitely an SG link on the home page but of course, it doesn't work in an SE, lol.

Jen

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 30, 12 3:30 AM
No CE this time?
Usually when they started once they don't back down...

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 30, 12 3:38 AM
I was wondering the same thing - what happened to a CE?? Not that I mind saving money, but I really love this series and don't mind paying more for a high quality game. I must admit that my reaction was "Oh, no!!" when I read the description on the purchase page and it said this will be the final game in the series!! It's one of the series I really hate to see end, so I hope the developers have something just as fun waiting to release next.

I, too, will be waiting until tomorrow to purchase. I had my punch card filled, got 4 CEs with the members-only sale, so I still have full punch cards and it's the last day of the month. I downloaded it right away, and I'll play the demo tonight and purchase it first thing in the morning and keep right on playing!

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 3:39:52 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 30, 12 5:04 AM
I went looking for the Devs (and found them, lol), but was absolutely gobsmacked that this new game isn't even listed on their own website! When BFG have an exclusive, they really really have an exclusive, lol.

But it still doesn't explain why we weren't offered the CE first - because it is very easy to see on the SE's home page. I wonder if it will ever be offered?

Jen

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 30, 12 5:19 AM
For some reason I never purchased the prior games in this series. always played the demos and left it at that. I am going to buy this one though.

I am in need of the bright colors for a change and the play keeps my brain working. It's a great change from all the dark games I've been playing

I usually play the demos in the easier mode and if I buy I change to harder modes but with this one I may just play in the easier

Looks like a load of fun!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 30, 12 5:22 AM
I wondered the same as mamajay. I see that it was once a CE. What happened? I know I have never played even the demo before. Not that I am unhappy. I would rather have the chance to get it in SE anyway. Just wondering

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jun 30, 12 6:59 AM
I enjoyed playing the demo and was pleased to see it contains both HOG scenes and fragmented ones as well (YIPPPEEEE).

It is not as easy as you would first suppose. Even playing in the easy mode, it took a lot of searching to find the pieces. I really like the challenge though of the game. This may be one game I might play in hard mode after I am done playing it in easy mode.

Like many other fishies I am going to wait until tomorrow to purchase it as I have an empty punch card. It is a definite buy though for me

Thank you BFG for a great game

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Jun 30, 12 7:21 AM
Good afternoon all..or good morning/good evening to those in other time zones.
Just downloading demo to check there's no tech issues then it's a buy. I have the other two and they came out in 2009-an SE and June 2010-a CE. Is it really 2 yrs since the last one? Where did the time go?
With this game I will still be one short for my PCC! HELP! I have about 570 games from BF so have all the ones I like plus many that were rubbish Not too keen on strategy games as they keep burning my buildings down and I get so mad. I don't like timed ones as I hate keep doing the same thing over and over. I keep hearing that Roads of Rome is a good one. Any suggestions as I have 2 PCCs to spend?

Elirana

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 30, 12 7:29 AM
I bought the other Flux Family games but I can't seem to get into this one. I found myself getting too frustrated with it so, it's a no buy and a no finish the demo

Go to: