bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Great Tree - Released on January 11, 2008

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Fly into a magical world of mystery and adventure told through beautiful illustrations and mesmerizing game play with The Great Tree. When the Pollen Collectors are bewitched, the faeries` survival rests upon the shoulders of their children. Their quest for survival will become yours as you set forth to save the faeries in this grown-up tale of good and evil.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:The Great Tree - Released on January 11, 2008

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jun 20, 08 4:40 PM
My all time, absolute favorite game. Love the music, beautiful graphics and it's not hard to win! It's a joy to play and I'm sure I've played it through over 20 times.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Sep 16, 08 9:08 PM
I love The Great Tree, I hope they will make a Great Tree II. Their other game with the little frog guy wasn't so great.

puckizzy
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by puckizzy on Feb 15, 10 12:57 PM
I was just told about this game from a fellow fishy. I was talking in the forums about Wik: The Fable of Souls, and how cool this game is. The Great Tree looks all magical/groovy, like Wik. You guys should try Wik if you don't have it.

It's no longer listed with BF, but it is here somewhere, as I just reloaded it again! If interested, I think someone put the link to the Wik page in one of my postings. I'd go hunt it down for you....

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Great Game!

[Post New]by FeyKina on Mar 24, 10 4:42 PM
A really well done experience, music, difficulty , art - all wonderful!

[Post New]by pmwhome on May 19, 10 4:25 PM
Does this game have a rule book- or manual to explain powerups, enemies etc..

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 12, 10 3:26 PM
I googled The Great Tree, and found the developers website which has some info.
Somebody in their forums asked about the "ancient fire power", so I have a little better understanding of that, but there's not much else there. One of the Mod's said there is a "manual" file tied to the game, but I didn't find one with my BigFish download. The website does have a description of "characters" which can give you some insight into what all the different bugs are capable of. eg I swore one of those bugs was nosediving straight at me; turns out I was right, that's what it does!

I also learned about this game from another gamer; I would never have found it on my own! It's unique gameplay is quite entertaining!

[Post New]by Overseashelle on Aug 4, 10 5:24 AM
WOW! What a beautifully crafted game. The graphics are just so ethereal! The music is haunting, and the bugs are dastardly! Really quick and easy to get into this - managed to get through to chapter 3 in the hour trial! (I hate it when it ends right at exciting bit too....)
What a fantastic way to while away a few hours, I came across this one just by trolling through the "Adventure Game" genre (sick of hidden object games). SO glad I downloaded this one.
Cheers

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Nov 10, 10 10:13 AM
This IS a great game and so much fun if you're into playing games (as opposed to HOGs etc.)

The music is beautiful, great graphics and lots of action. I was hooked after the first hour into the download and it's sooo addictive.

Very challenging especially trying to acheive a higher score each time - once you start to understand the concept of it.

It's got the WOW factor. I'm so grateful it was recommended to me.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Jun 9, 12 10:43 AM
I was still a bit new to games when I purchased this one in 5/2008 and I was stunned at the beauty of the game. The cut scenes are incredible, the graphics amazing (especially for Jan 2008) and the action intense. While I was not a fan of the voice, I eventually just turned it off. I do like the music but after a while I turned it off, too, and just played the game. I liked the story line very much, enjoying how the fairies were trying to save their world against evil forces. It's clear, crisp, and beautiful where nothing is what it seems.

If you like to PLAY a game, I highly recommend this one. While I have never been able to actually finish it, (my reflexes are REALLY not what they used to be) I still go as far as I can and still enjoy the ride. This is one of the few early (for me) games I still play (along with the first Fishdom, another truly great Match Three game) and the quality of this game still amazes me. There are games being made today, with much newer technology, that aren't nearly as well made and well-put-together as this one is.

Go to: