Upwords Deluxe Encarta Dictionary Update?

[Post New]by DustyWalt on Feb 4, 09 12:07 AM
Is it possible to update or replace the Encarta Dictionary in Upwords Deluxe?

Re:Upwords Deluxe Encarta Dictionary Update?

[Post New]by DustyWalt on Feb 7, 09 3:52 PM
I would really really like to replace this dictionary. Any adivce? PLEASE!

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Feb 7, 09 5:20 PM
Have no idea, but maybe one of the more into it fishes will swim by soon.

Welcome to the pond, DustyWalt!!

[Post New]by EileenBT on Apr 24, 09 6:31 PM
My way of dealing with the dictionary is if I know something is a word - really know it and check online in other dictionaries, I just turn off the dictionary verification, put in my word, submit it, then go back and turn it back on. Some may say it's cheating but I disagree. My question is actually regarding the "bad word list". It would not let me use the word "toss". Is there a way around it?

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Apr 24, 09 6:41 PM
Welcome to the pond DustyWalt. Best person to ask would be the developer.

Welcome to the pond EileenBT.

Hope both of you enjoy yourselves here.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 19, 10 5:11 PM
EileenBT wrote:My way of dealing with the dictionary is if I know something is a word - really know it and check online in other dictionaries, I just turn off the dictionary verification, put in my word, submit it, then go back and turn it back on. Some may say it's cheating but I disagree. My question is actually regarding the "bad word list". It would not let me use the word "toss". Is there a way around it?

I turn it off completely and use my own dictionary. Their dictionary is the worst!
I also disagree with their bad word list... the word Witch with a "B" in place of the "W" is a female dog!!!! It doesn't have to just have one meaning. Sometimes it tells me a word is on the list and I could have made a 30 pt. word! Grrrrrr. Wish they had a turn off option on that one. Love the game though.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 20, 10 12:41 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in to say that I'm going to go ahead and slide this thread over to the Upwords Deluxe game Forum so that it'll be easier to locate. It will continue to remain visible in the Chit-Chat Corner as well.

To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by Rodanich on Jan 27, 11 12:44 PM
I have been an avid fan of Upwords for ages now and was delighted to have found a version I can play on the PC. However, I am so disgusted with the dictionary and the bad word list that I am considering cancelling my subscription. Here is an example of words I am challenged on, all perfectly good, English words:-
Moaner, toss, sot, pee, ****, And here is an example of a word I have never heard of:- snafu?????

Another gripe I have is that the bonus letters such as X, Qu, etc are not scored double!!

[Post New]by Rodanich on Jan 27, 11 12:47 PM
I have been an avid fan of Upwords for ages now and was delighted to have found a version I can play on the PC. However, I am so disgusted with the dictionary and the bad word list that I am considering cancelling my subscription. Here is an example of words I am challenged on, all perfectly good, English words:-
Moaner, toss, sot, pee, ?itch, And here is an example of a word I have never heard of:- snafu?????

Another gripe I have is that the bonus letters such as X, Qu, etc are not scored double!!

Go to: