Fun Game but too short

[Post New]by jazzynites1 on Feb 4, 09 12:47 AM
I liked the demo so I purchased it, played it and it ended too soon. I love the graphics, like the fact it wasn't your typical HOG, but the way it ended, it seemed that there will be a sequel. Something along the lines of the Mystery Files Ravenhearst, that would be great. The puzzles were ok a bit easy would like to see different levels of play, easy, med, hard, also if you exit the puzzle should change it was easy to return and repeat the puzzle it was the same puzzle you just played.

Didn't like the fact when I did exit on my own that I had to do the puzzle all over again to continue, why not just save from where you left off, for example if in the middle of a puzzle save at puzzle not do the whole entire scene again.

Over all it was a good game I liked it, will play again to get my gold shield.

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Fun Game but too short

[Post New]by gjnashif on Feb 4, 09 5:47 AM
When you complete a puzzle, go to the next chapter, when you get to the first screen of the next chapter, quit there. When you come back it should start at the very beginning of that chapter. That way you do not have to play the mini-games again.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Feb 7, 09 9:08 PM
what's this about a gold shield?

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Feb 7, 09 9:11 PM
I was a little disappointed with the game. Not exactly sure why..but won't be buying. I felt the graphics were too hard to see or unclear...But I am glad that many find the game great. It is just not for me I guess. One more opinion!!!!

[Post New]by Script4Tears on Feb 8, 09 1:29 AM
I liked playing this very much and might have bought it immediately apart from reading the reviews that say it is too short....... lol define too short I guess, each to his own and when you are enjoying a game and get INTO it it ALWAYS seems too short !!!! so maybe I should take the 'too short' reviews on games with a pinch of salt ....... unless there are a laaaaaaaaaarge number saying the same thing.

I do like having to work out 'what to do' in places mixed in with the HO and the wonderfully satisfying 'find 15 letters' sort of round I LOVE having those scattered about in a game.... after a hard slog doing something or another suddenly there is this 'quickie round' and it feels good !!!!

This is still VERY MUCH on my 'might buy it' list

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Feb 11, 09 10:45 AM
rhorho wrote:what's this about a gold shield?

I just got mine at the end of the game. I didn't skip any puzzles. Good game. I liked it very much.

TenaR
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by TenaR on Feb 12, 09 4:19 PM
I have to agree that the game is too short. I wasn't even playing it with my usual "everything else can wait" style but I was still finished with it on the 2nd day. I would say I spent about 3-4 hours on it total and I didn't skip anything either.

Parts of it were a lot of fun but I wouldn't buy the sequel if one came out.

aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by aztop on Feb 15, 09 9:27 AM
I feel cheated! This game took me about 1.5 hours. Yes I skipped part of the bomb puzzle not knowing that was the end of the game. I skipped cutting the wire which got tedious. The game concept was great and, in general the puzzles were well executed. But BFG needs to make sure that we are getting value for our money.

My humble suggestion is to add on the game's info page or at the top of the forum a cumulative average of how long players took to finish the game and the number of players in the survey. We can log on and add our results. This would give everyone an idea of what they are buying. Yes there can be big differences in how long it takes, but over a large group you would get a decent idea of the breadth of the game.

I would also suggest that every game in this genre have the number of locations and the number of puzzles shown in the info.

[Post New]by renatemunro on Feb 16, 09 9:14 AM
I agree with aztop. This game was good but wayyyy too short. I felt I didn't get my money's worth since it only took me just over an hour to play it. I also think there should be some indication of how long (how many chapters for example) a game might be. I've played demos and then bought the game only to realize I was almost at the end anyway.

KimVJ
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by KimVJ on Feb 19, 09 9:45 PM
I think it would more helpful to tell people what is the mid-point for a game, and maybe what was the three-quarters mark - either by giving the chapter number or naming the location (whichever doesn't spoil the game with too much information). That way, people could see how far they personally got with the demo and compare that to those points in the game.

Knowing that aztop finished the game in 1.5 hrs and that someone else finished it in 3 hrs, doesn't really tell the potential buyer how long it will take them. And you can't really used an avg. spread either, a lot of the people on these forums have a lot of experience with these sorts of games, so they would naturally be quicker.

But telling someone that, for example, Frankie's room (whatever chapter that was) is the middle of the game, gives them a more useful guide.

[Post New]by CalamityJen on Mar 8, 09 11:01 AM
renatemunro wrote:I agree with aztop. This game was good but wayyyy too short. I felt I didn't get my money's worth since it only took me just over an hour to play it.

Same here. I played the one-hour demo and LOVED the graphics, the voices, the games, so I bought it. And finished it about an hour later. I was SO disappointed!

I absolutely love the Azada, Ravenhurst, and Dream Chronicles games. Those took me hours to play, and I really felt like I got my money's worth. I love the Westward series, too, and get hours and hours and days and days of gameplay with that, as well.

This was over way too quickly. If there's a sequel, I won't buy it.

Go to: