Chapter 2 Issue

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Chapter 2 Issue

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jun 30, 12 4:29 PM
I WAS enjoying this game until I came across what looks like a bug. I was playing chapter 2 and went through the time portal. I got the wrench and turned off the water. Then, I got the yellow ring from the toolbox but it never went into my inventory, so now I can't go any further. I even went back and started the game over again as a new player, and it did the same thing. Can anyone assist? I purchased this game, and if it won't work, I will e-mail customer support.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

Re:Chapter 2 Issue

[Post New]by firekat7 on Jun 30, 12 5:54 PM
Try clicking on the device that's towards the top in the middle of the game. I thought I had lost the ring as well, but when I clicked the spot where the ring goes, the mini-game opened. It's worth a try. Good luck

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jun 30, 12 8:22 PM
Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. Now, when I go back to the game and click the hint button, it tells me to search the toolbox, which I had already done and can't do again, so I'm stuck.

[Post New]by fisi_sifi on Jun 30, 12 10:33 PM
It does not work for me, too. The toolbox can't be clicked anymore, the ring is neither in the inventory nor in it's place ...

[Post New]by emmaparigi on Jul 1, 12 5:19 AM
Hi all,
I'm experiencing the same issue here. Will try to email customer support.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jul 1, 12 7:44 AM
I got further in but when I was at the fail safe machine the anchor ball kind Swooshed and was gone and Jesse even said what was that i hope I dont need it!I thought it had goneinto the tube but after closing door & trying to pull handle- nuthin,
is the ball lost 4 EVAH?

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 3:23:41 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 1, 12 9:05 AM
Hi Fishies

For those of you experiencing issues progressing in your game, I would first suggest having a look at the Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles Walkthrough.

Oftentimes, checking that all steps have been completed will help to get you moving again.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game which will help ensure the game is functioning as it should be.

If the problems persist however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our reps will be happy to take a look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 9:06:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Jul 1, 12 10:32 AM
Same issue with chapter 2. Please post any answers.

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jul 1, 12 11:55 AM
I already tried the walkthrough. All of us know what to do, but there seems to be a bug in the game, as the yellow ring isn't in our inventory, and we cannot place it on the machine at all, so we are stuck early in the game. Since so many others are having this issue (saw some posted under Technical Issues), I doubt spending the time to uninstall and reinstall will help.

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by NormanFan on Jul 1, 12 3:49 PM
I already uninstalled/reinstalled game and still can't even get into the toolbox - it just keeps making the "clanking" noise when I click on the toolbox.

Too bad, cause I was having a good time up until now... really liked this series but this toolbox thing has stopped me cold and it's just too frustrating at this point.

I will keep checking this thread for any solutions, but right now I'll be moving on to another game until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.....

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jul 1, 12 4:41 PM
Signing in as a new player got me past. I THINK I may have done the failsafe sequence out of order & that may have triggerd the anchor ball to zip out w the time ball. My Suggestion is follow the sequence egzakly- id #, disckette and the punch card I had done disc then id # then punch. seems a tad sensitive 2 me but wherever you go that's where you are!

[Post New]by emmaparigi on Jul 2, 12 10:51 AM
Hi again,
I've emailed Customer Support, to no effect so far; I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game; I've signed in as 3 different players, and still to no avail.
This is getting very frustrating.
I am extremely disappointed. Is there a Customer Service hotline???

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jul 2, 12 11:50 AM
Count me as another who signed in three times as three different users, double checked the walk through and still no joy.

lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lezl10 on Jul 2, 12 1:50 PM
I am another person having the "circuit ring" issue. I am bummed too as I was looking forward to the newest FLUX game as I really enjoyed the first 2. When I click on hint the game highlghts the toolbox and where the ring goes but it is nowhere to be found.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 2:33:33 PM PST

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jul 2, 12 5:09 PM
I, too, contacted Customer Support but have not heard back yet. Their auto response stated that it takes from 24 to 72 hours, so I'll give them another day or two. This is definitely very frustrating. Makes me wonder how much testing went into this game.

[Post New]by lbarany on Jul 2, 12 10:18 PM
Having the same problem.

[Post New]by NancyR1949 on Jul 4, 12 5:40 AM
I thought I was losing my mind, I am having the same problem with the tool box and c ring. I will try to uninstall and reinstall the game. I loved the other two games and really want to play this game.

[Post New]by Spot_the_Skunk on Jul 4, 12 10:20 AM
I spoke with the developers and it appears to be an issue with picking up an item from a zoom circle. They are working on identifying the problem, it's not wide spread so reproducing the problem isn't so easy, and will get Big Fish Games a fix as soon as possible. I just saw their website and it has a nice tribute to America's Independence! Happy 4th of July!

ringa48801
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by ringa48801 on Jul 4, 12 4:51 PM
I have been having the same issue. I have uninstalled this game so many times. After I get the ring it doesnt go into my inventory and I cannot progress any farther in the game.

Edited on 07/04/2012 at 4:52:22 PM PST

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jul 15, 12 5:33 AM
Spot_the_Skunk wrote:I spoke with the developers and it appears to be an issue with picking up an item from a zoom circle. They are working on identifying the problem, it's not wide spread so reproducing the problem isn't so easy, and will get Big Fish Games a fix as soon as possible. I just saw their website and it has a nice tribute to America's Independence! Happy 4th of July!

I hope someone tells the BFG help team as the person working with me, kind as she is just tells me to update programs I have already updated.

Hoping they get this bug ironed out soon!

Go to: