Shattered Minds: Encore

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Shattered Minds: Encore

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 1, 12 12:29 AM
Reveal the twisted plan of a deranged magician in Shattered Minds: Encore! You are a detective with a knack for dealing with strange cases and your Chief has a new case for you to investigate. After a series of vanishing famous monuments the world over, you are sent to Paris, France to investigate a possible link between the disappearances and a calling card left behind at the crime scenes. Play through challenging hidden object games and perplexing puzzles in an attempt to unravel the mystery in this thrilling hidden object adventure game!

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Shattered Minds: Encore

[Post New]by dakini on Jul 1, 12 12:52 AM
No CE for this one? The first one did.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 1, 12 1:07 AM
Hi there dakini,
This game is not listed as a CE on the dev's site either. Perhaps they changed their modus operandi for this one.
Cheers

[Post New]by FishForever on Jul 1, 12 1:20 AM
Wish this would be a CE, loved the first one and has high hope for this one! Seems like many series drop their CE status, yesterday's Flux Family and today's Shattered Minds...

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 1, 12 1:26 AM
Goodmorning!

Again what a suprise. 2 lovely games on a row. I have a lot of games to play now.

I loved the first one and this one looks great too. Nice HOS and puzzles.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 1, 12 1:30 AM
Morning, all...

Just wanted to point out that the full version has 2 MBs less than the trial version. Looks like those files have been mixed up again.

I sent a PM to a moderator and told them about it.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 1, 12 1:30 AM
He he, I have now on my desktop, for the first time, 4 games to play...

..."Encore", don't stop BF!

Edit: Forgot - I got today a Beta too: Twilight Phenomena - The Lodgers of House 13! Seems a good stuff! Yay!!!

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 1:34:20 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 1, 12 1:37 AM
Valdy wrote:Morning, all...

Just wanted to point out that the full version has 2 MBs less than the trial version. Looks like those files have been mixed up again.

I sent a PM to a moderator and told them about it.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.

Hi Valdy,
I also noticed the discrepancy.
My GM lists the full game as 252.5mb, so I wonder which is correct. I hope it shouldn't be double that or I won't be able to play until Tuesday!
Cheers
Oops, typo

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 1:38:47 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 1, 12 1:41 AM
not bad as far,but dev,please,french police does not have yet this uniform,does not have yet any citroen van (abandonned still....hum,well 50 years) and never has blue squared ribon on their cars(it's english one!!!!)
and even if we are not so update for technologies,we don't have candles lights on the Seine wedges for almost.....well,2 centuries?
i have to make some efforts to overcome the ridiculous and go on playing what is not so bad to play!
i love that i had choice to keep custom cursor but smaller as standard one
music not bad and puzzles if not very originals as far,are interesting enough to do
ti fills my widescreen without ajusting anything
graphics are colourful and ho scenes clear enough
hint system doenot help very much:just "there- nothing- to- do- here"like
there is a map but have yet not found any utility to it
a diary may be read at left down corner,and hint at right down corner
story doen't grab me(perhaps because of all the things i have complain about)
so try!and make your mind!
i played the beta and it had not in march the "bonus" place on the beginning page

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 1, 12 2:00 AM
FishForever wrote:Wish this would be a CE, loved the first one and has high hope for this one! Seems like many series drop their CE status, yesterday's Flux Family and today's Shattered Minds...

I think these games were marked originally as Deluxe Editions, and that's what got dropped. Which is ok, but it leads to this question----will there be a CE version of these games later???? If not at BF, then somewhere else? If you remember, when "Midnight Mysteries-Haunted Houdini" was released here as a DE, it was said there would be no CE. But a little later, the game showed up on at least 2 other sites as a CE-type game, complete with lots of extras and a nice bonus chapter. So will that happen with these two???? Just wondering.

[Post New]by FishForever on Jul 1, 12 2:15 AM
cbtx wrote:
FishForever wrote:Wish this would be a CE, loved the first one and has high hope for this one! Seems like many series drop their CE status, yesterday's Flux Family and today's Shattered Minds...

I think these games were marked originally as Deluxe Editions, and that's what got dropped. Which is ok, but it leads to this question----will there be a CE version of these games later???? If not at BF, then somewhere else? If you remember, when "Midnight Mysteries-Haunted Houdini" was released here as a DE, it was said there would be no CE. But a little later, the game showed up on at least 2 other sites as a CE-type game, complete with lots of extras and a nice bonus chapter. So will that happen with these two???? Just wondering.

Hope not, otherwise i would feel like i'm missing something and would have to pay extra for another copy of CE version just for the bonus chapter

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 1, 12 2:16 AM
This game is a VAST improvement on the Masquerade CE, which had bad graphics and was dull and a bit of a plod. Really intriguing and enjoyable. Like the graphics and all the things I got to do in the demo. Good story. Bright and colourful. Doable puzzles. Uncluttered HOS, sharp and clear. Very interesting settings with fun objects and games to play.

If it lives up to the demo, it will be a blast. Bought.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 1, 12 2:45 AM
FishForever wrote:
cbtx wrote:

Hope not, otherwise i would feel like i'm missing something and would have to pay extra for another copy of CE version just for the bonus chapter

And that's exactly what I wound up doing for the Houdini game, so the money for the DE was wasted. And I don't want to do that again.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 1, 12 2:53 AM
Maybe no CE today due to the BOGO sale?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 1, 12 8:34 AM
Nice game with clear colorful graphics, lots of things to do and find and few Ho scenes and they're uncluttered yay! Puzzles are fun. Am having fun so its a buy for me.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 1, 12 8:53 AM
I can't swear to it but I seem to remember reading something from BFG that said if you want to upgrade from a SE to a CE of the same game it would only cost you one more credit. It's worth looking into instead of paying full price for each.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 1, 12 9:00 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Edit: Forgot - I got today a Beta too: Twilight Phenomena - The Lodgers of House 13! Seems a good stuff! Yay!!!

Yep... you and I and at least one other I know of as well. Hope this new ERS game will be coming soon to BigFish.

ETA: Oh yes... about "Shattered Minds". For a change, I thought that the graphics in the screenshots looked way better than in the game. Usually it's the other way round.
Nice game, but a tad boring, I thought. Just nothing new and exciting about this game, at least as far as the trial version goes...

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 9:54:26 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 1, 12 9:27 AM
not bad as far,but dev,please,french police does not have yet this uniform,does not have yet any citroen van (abandonned still....hum,well 50 years) and never has blue squared ribon on their cars(it's english one!!!!)
and even if we are not so update for technologies,we don't have candles lights on the Seine wedges for almost.....well,2 centuries?

The devs are from San Francisco, hence many here in the US are not aware of many French customs and habits. So.... explains the discrepancies, I believe. Game is fairly good, not as good as the previous CE but not bad. BF probably has some trouble providing quality games every day. I am still on the CE from Thursday, however, I did want to see what this game was like. A little cartoonish for my tastes, but not bad.

Edited on 07/01/2012 at 9:27:59 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 1, 12 9:59 AM

I was interested in the story so I downloaded the demo --it is a bigger download than the full game due to advertisements for other games by this dev plus a sneakpeak at 1 future game.

But the game lost me by overly contrived gameplay.

I had to scare away some crows who were at a crime evidence site. I had a police baton in inventory but the game required me to find a caramel coated apple, melt the caramel off it with a lighter then, throw it at the crows. Really!!!!?

I deleted the game demo shortly thereafter.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 1, 12 10:15 AM
Aww, melt the caramel off of an apple to throw at crows? I am just now downloading the demo, and I want a hog, so I know I will get it, but dang it...I don't mind thinking out of the box sometimes, and I do appreciate clever solutions, but some of these devs don't seem to really use good logic. I prefer clever and logical. And someone else said there isn't a drop of rain in this game. We set a record high of 108 here in Macon, GA and I love rain in any form. Sure could use some now.

Go to: