AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

The Ending - Spoiler Alert

[Post New]by AFlowers on Jul 1, 12 7:36 PM
For those who finished the game, what happened to Jesse?

Who was the little girl? Was it her daughter? Was it her, only younger?

Was her sister OK after all, and just playing a meanie?

I played it twice, and am still wondering.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:The Ending - Spoiler Alert

[Post New]by Zork1 on Jul 2, 12 5:45 PM
me too - very confused!
Having played the other two - I think it was Jesse as her younger self....
very confused!

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 5:45:55 PM PST

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jul 3, 12 12:58 AM
The little girl with the rabbit at the end was little Jess, the younger version of Jesse, out at the Gazing Post with her grandfather Lucenti. The little girl that was the oracle was Jesse's daughter.

What happened to The Time Confluence? I guess they just changed the name.

I kept hoping for an explanation of how Lucenti and his daughter were both born on the same day in 1929. I guess that was just a typo in The Rabbit Hole.

Why does it have to end?!? How about time travel on another planet? We could use some good sci-fi. Or, Sybil can come back to earth, so why can't the rest of the family? I WANT MORE. I loved the interface for the fragmented objects. I loved the story and the characters. I hope they reconsider and do some more. What else has this studio done?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 3, 12 1:03 AM
Hm Skunk Studios,
This game was great, but your supposed "ending" has a very bad odour.
Lots of scope to clear the air about the Flux Family ... if you can be bothered.
I am also in the "what happened?" category.

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Jul 3, 12 7:53 AM
Thanks for all the replies. It's comforting to know that I am not the only one left confused. And, it's nice to know that I am not the only one that wants more!

Developers: Please tell us more of the story! And, another installment (or two) would be most welcome!

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Jul 4, 12 12:45 AM
I agree. The ending was totally unsatisfactory, and very confusing to say the least. I want to know what happens next, like everyone else does. I hope there's a sequel to clear up some of the confusion about what happened at the end. I hate endings like that. I loved the game though, and I hope that there will be more.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Jul 4, 12 4:50 PM
Loved the game, UNTIL the end.

VERY odd, and confusing.
PLUS I HATED the kid singing...really did not match the intelligent game...

Oh well , guess they(the developers) got bored and wanted to end it quickly...

mnpa123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mnpa123 on Jul 6, 12 3:52 PM
Glad I'm not the only one confused! And the girl singing Smashmouth at the end...odd.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Jul 7, 12 2:09 PM
To me the ending seemed to suggest that it was all just a story told to little Jess by her grandfather.
It was the grandfather's voice speaking to Jess about the story and her asking for another one????????

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 7, 12 10:56 PM
I came out to the forum to see if I really had just solved the final puzzle too slowly or whether it was just the way the ending was. I'm with everyone who has posted here: this was a confusing end to a generally good series, and it seemed as if the developers were themselves sick of the game.

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jul 10, 12 1:10 PM
I know; after all that work I don't want to be too late; I want to go through the worm hole to another planet.

After all, the whole thing is fiction.

Why not?

Maybe they were trying to do a "Princess Bride" sort of story in a story.. but didn't work.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 13, 12 5:19 PM
The ending left a lot to be desired.

That little girl singing at the end....I shut the sound off; couldn't stand it.

[Post New]by PANDANAZ on Jul 28, 12 6:38 AM
OK - I am really confused.

I know the girl with the rabbit was Jesse. I know the the oracle is Jesse's daughter.

I also saw the graves - Lucinda and Luciano - I thought that maybe they would be alive? So what was overloading the apollo really for?? Where exactly did they go?

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Sep 8, 12 3:07 PM
If I had to guess I would say that this is a sequel set up. This game is too well designed to be a blow off ... (coding problems notwithstanding ...). Hope to see more as this is a story well told.
Bob

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 3:10:26 PM PST

[Post New]by soniajbrt on Jan 5, 13 12:45 PM
Call me old fashioned, but O really don't want to download any Flux Family Secrerts games! I want the PC games on disk in a nice case with a nice cover! So why can I only find the first two games? Ripple Effect and Rabbit Hole! I live in South Africa in Gauteng and would really like to know WHEN WILL THE THIRD GAME, The Time Continuance, be available at PC and Play station and Wii game stores?!! My Birthday is coming up the 16th, and would REALLY like the third game, Flux Family Secrets 3: The Time Continuance as a Birthday Gift. This question is for the Distributors: When will it be available in South Africa in stores? I DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD IT! I only have Internet access through my Blackberry, not on my PC! Distributors, THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jan 30, 13 8:08 AM
Most Big Fish games have an option to order a CD rather than simply download.

JDHav
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by JDHav on Jan 25, 14 11:59 AM
april445 wrote:To me the ending seemed to suggest that it was all just a story told to little Jess by her grandfather.
It was the grandfather's voice speaking to Jess about the story and her asking for another one????????

OK, that makes some sense. At least it makes more sense than anything else. An epilogue that explained what was what would have been really nice to have!

Go to: