bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 2, 12 12:29 AM
Investigate the sudden and mysterious disappearance of a carnival magician in Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery! Use your clairvoyant instincts to lead you through a dark carnival atmosphere as you interview shady characters and play carnival games unraveling the truth behind the three-ring mystery in this colorful Hidden Object game!

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

Re:Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jul 2, 12 1:06 AM
Moved to under COMMENTs.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 1:16:41 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 2, 12 1:16 AM
Janie, if you have read the definition in the main page - it's written "Hidden Objects Game", and not HOPA (Hidden Objects/puzzle/adventure... . This could save you a lot of frustration...

I am a HOGer, and I like this genre, so it is a buy for me, if the graphics are clear and sharp, and the navigation is "friendly" (downloading now)...

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jul 2, 12 1:19 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Janie, if you have read the definition in the main page - it's written "Hidden Objects Game", and not HOPA (Hidden Objects/puzzle/adventure... . This could save you a lot of frustration...
That is a really good comment! I hadn't noticed the HO vs HOPA.
My bad. Thanks!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 2, 12 1:45 AM
To me, this isn't a straight HOG. There's loads of other stuff to do as well. HOGs are when you only have to find items from a list, over and over, and nothing else. Here you are moving, navigating, doing puzzles, finding stuff lying around, talking to people, playing games, getting prizes. That's not a HOG, that's a HOPA. Well, that's how I interpret it, anyway.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 2, 12 2:38 AM
Sheerija wrote:To me, this isn't a straight HOG. There's loads of other stuff to do as well. HOGs are when you only have to find items from a list, over and over, and nothing else. Here you are moving, navigating, doing puzzles, finding stuff lying around, talking to people, playing games, getting prizes. That's not a HOG, that's a HOPA. Well, that's how I interpret it, anyway.

Me too. However as there are soooo many HO scenes maybe they thought they'd save themselves some grief from the Adventurers in the pond by simply calling it a Hidden Object Game LOL.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 2, 12 2:42 AM
You may be right, JulieJay, but I don't think that's a very good idea. A lot of people don't like straight up HOGs and will be put off by that and not even demo it. And it's such a good little game.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 2, 12 2:46 AM
Never thought about that so hopefully people will be like me - I didn't even notice the description until after I'd demo'd.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 2, 12 3:15 AM
What a nice game. Only there are a lot of HOS but they are clear. It's a buy for me.

Now I have 5 games to play.

Edit: I want to say that when you are in a scene and the hint is pink click on the hintbutton. You see why.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 3:25:37 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 2, 12 3:19 AM
I don't usually trust the descriptor in the blurb anyway, some of these games are hard to narrow down.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 2, 12 3:31 AM
I found this game - or at least the hour I played - extremely boring.

Lots of HOS, lots lots lots. But I didn't mind them too much, because the HOS were very cleary defined. No problems finding objects.

And yes, there are other things to do: find cards for a quicker hint refill, talk to people, do puzzles (not my favourite pasttime), etc.

However, gameplay was very boring for me. There was absolutely no excitement in this game. None. I didn't feel like wanting to continue and find out what I needed to find out to catch or not to catch a delinquent.

And what's up with that map? Might as well not bother adding one.

I am not even sure I would want to get this game in a sale. I would just force myself through the game so I could finish it. So I will give this one a miss.

Forgot to mention: I am also really tired of games that play at a carnival/circus/fairground/theatre. These seem to be the places the developers keep using over and over again in games.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 3:34:51 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jul 2, 12 3:42 AM
Cool little game nice graphics voice overs and a carnival setting. I liked it and bought it only 30 minutes into the demo. The graphics are really nice things are nice and clear the voice overs are nicely done there are cards you collect to help your hint fill up quicker also you have clairvoyant skills when it starts glowing purple that is your clairvoyant power kicking in to give you helpful clues. This game is really nice some things are simple but not all just a really nice and fun game with very nice graphics and sounds just lots of fun. This is a who done it mystery no ghost and ghouls but a very intriguing mystery of who done it. I've had no problems with navigation or lagging or sticky cursor the game is done really well and this is a new developer for me I've never seen anything from them before so Kudos to you dev's on a game very well done keep up the good work. Give the demo a try it's worth it. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for this very cool game. This comment has been moved from the other comment section.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 3:46:10 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 2, 12 4:05 AM
Valdy wrote:I found this game - or at least the hour I played - extremely boring.

Lots of HOS, lots lots lots. But I didn't mind them too much, because the HOS were very cleary defined. No problems finding objects.

And yes, there are other things to do: find cards for a quicker hint refill, talk to people, do puzzles (not my favourite pasttime), etc.

However, gameplay was very boring for me. There was absolutely no excitement in this game. None. I didn't feel like wanting to continue and find out what I needed to find out to catch or not to catch a delinquent.

And what's up with that map? Might as well not bother adding one.

I am not even sure I would want to get this game in a sale. I would just force myself through the game so I could finish it. So I will give this one a miss.

Forgot to mention: I am also really tired of games that play at a carnival/circus/fairground/theatre. These seem to be the places the developers keep using over and over again in games.

Valdy----I agree with what you say about this game. And then throw in the glitches that the game can show (probably for getting out of order, who knows) it makes it too difficult to deal with. Boring and glitchy??----not for me.
(Now watch 'em jump in and declare how the game had no problems when they played! LOL)

leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by leslieb on Jul 2, 12 4:19 AM
Sorry cbtx but I do have problems with this game.....and no I am not loving it!!!
Got up to the Carousel twice and comes up with a couldn't save your data message in the game, so no its not my pc. First time it did in Demo thought it was the end of my time, so was bored and I bought it, then it did it again, haven't tried again since then...
And no am not a first time gamer, have over 300 big fish games....

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 2, 12 4:24 AM
leslieb wrote:Sorry cbtx but I do have problems with this game.....and no I am not loving it!!!
Got up to the Carousel twice and comes up with a couldn't save your data message in the game, so no its not my pc. First time it did in Demo thought it was the end of my time, so was bored and I bought it, then it did it again, haven't tried again since then...

Too bad about the glitches, and it speaks volumes when you have that many games that work fine (as do I) then one game is glitchy----and what it's saying is that there's a problem with the game, not the pc.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 2, 12 4:44 AM
I think it is far more important for devs to know that there are glitches/problems than it is to report there are "no problems"----that would, in fact, be self-evident by the lack of comments in that area.
Glitches such as the ones being reported are very important to the devs to know about (or should be) so that they can begin to solve the problem. It has nothing to do with being fair, it has to do with solutions to the problems/glitches that exist so a solution can quickly be found.
This game seems popular with a great many, so I'm confident the devs will work toward a fix/solution in short order.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 4:54:33 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 2, 12 5:09 AM
This game is awesome, after 45 minutes I bought the game, I loved everything about this game graphics are clear and sounds are nice, Thx DEV's for all your hard work and time in this game..Thx BF for another surprising game..Kuddo's to the dev's and BF

leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by leslieb on Jul 2, 12 6:24 AM
cbtx wrote:
leslieb wrote:Sorry cbtx but I do have problems with this game.....and no I am not loving it!!!

Too bad about the glitches, and it speaks volumes when you have that many games that work fine (as do I) then one game is glitchy----and what it's saying is that there's a problem with the game, not the pc.

Hi cbtx
I was curious to see exactly how many games I do have, and there was a slight miscalculation with the 300 games...lol...its actually 569..I think I need to get a life...lol..

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 2, 12 6:31 AM
cbtx, I remember that once almost all the forum had some glitch, and I didn't and played the game smoothly to the end.

No, I didn't write here that I don't have glitches, but wrote to BF Customer Support about it, with adding Dr Fisher - in order to make them compare my file to the others, and find the cause of the glitch...to help the other players. In this case, I am a "silent minority"...

I expect that everyone should do so, to help "comrades fellows"...

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 2, 12 1:41 PM
I think it helps to know that not everyone is experiencing the glitches, just as it helps to know that some are. Sometimes I do have problems and I am quick to come on here and say so. And then again there are times that many are having problems and I didn't. I don't think we should castigate each other, either way.

I haven't finished yesterdays game yet, but started this one and I liked it enough to use a pcc on it. I wasn't expecting a hog today, so this is a nice surprise for me. The heat wave continues here, and even with the AC going full blast it is having problems keeping up, so having these games to play is perfect for me, and I appreciate it

Go to: