bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 4:46:46 PM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Game froze; Cant move anywhere

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 2, 12 1:38 AM
Well it started off all well then after having played all scenes poosible until the ferris wheel my game froze. Actually the buttons work but I cant move anywhere. I press Hint and it tells me to search somewhere else, I would if I can move. I shut down the game and went back in three times, no luck. This is a first time for me in ages so I guess this goes in the bin. I really wasnt all that captivated anyhow but am curious to see if anyone else has had this problems.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 12 1:50 AM
Hi Nilosh,

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how a game performs.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Game froze; Cant move anywhere

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 2, 12 2:01 AM
Nilosh wrote:Well it started off all well then after having played all scenes poosible until the ferris wheel my game froze. Actually the buttons work but I cant move anywhere. I press Hint and it tells me to search somewhere else, I would if I can move. I shut down the game and went back in three times, no luck. This is a first time for me in ages so I guess this goes in the bin. I really wasnt all that captivated anyhow but am curious to see if anyone else has had this problems.

Yes, same problem----except I was at the hot dog stand, where I had been several times. You can use the hint button, you can pick up items from the inventory (nowhere to use them)----but you cannot use the menu button or move to another scene. All updates are current. A problem like this is obviously a game glitch. Please fix.

ETA----like Nilosh, I shut the game down and went back in with the same problem, so I uninstalled and reinstalled----no help.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 2:16:50 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 2, 12 2:37 AM
Wheww, Sorry about your problem cbtx but I am glad I am not the only one. It could not be my computor because I have all new updates and program. I too am stuck at the hotdog stand after having left the ferriswheel. I agree, this is obviously a glitch. Thanks

findlaybears
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by findlaybears on Jul 2, 12 2:51 AM
I've encountered a rather weird glitch. At certain different points of the game, a prompt comes up that states, "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" So I must have created a new player at least 5 times already and have only managed to get as far in the game to collect 4 cards. I've also uninstalled/re-installed the game but still the same problem.

The odd thing: the prompt is directly from the game and not my system.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 2:52:07 AM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 2, 12 3:23 AM
Hi Findlay,

Uninstalling a game does not get rid of everything on your computer. There is something somewhere - a save data file - that remains. I think uninstalling the game and then deleting that save data file should let you reinstall the game and hopefully have no problems.

That's as far as my "in the know" goes I'm afraid. Hopefully someone will come along and let you know what to do.

Good luck.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 2, 12 3:52 AM
Nilosh wrote:Wheww, Sorry about your problem cbtx but I am glad I am not the only one. It could not be my computor because I have all new updates and program. I too am stuck at the hotdog stand after having left the ferriswheel. I agree, this is obviously a glitch. Thanks

Twice now the game has gotten hung up on movement from scene to scene. Not sure what causes the problem, but it reminds me of the "Natural Threats-Ominous Shores" game where many had glitches while others did not, and in that game a lot was contingent upon doing things in a certain way or certain order. But the devs got right on it and fixed it. Same thing here.
It is frustrating when BF immediately presumes that the problem is with customer equipment when it has been shown over and over that more often than not a fix is required.
And it is so amusing to watch those that did not encounter a problem jump in and declare how wonderfully the game worked for them. I wonder what these same people think when they have a problem.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Jul 2, 12 4:28 AM
I am also getting the following message: "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" I wasn't going to start all over.
Too bad - I was really enjoying this game.

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Jul 2, 12 5:14 AM
I too have had the same problem "At a point in the game, a prompt came up that stated, "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" At first I thought it was the end of the trial, then I put in a new player and the game started over, during the last of the trial it didn't happen again. But will it continue to happen? I don't want to keep starting over to get to the ending of the game. On the other side of the coin it will make the game last longer if you don't mind starting.

leslieb
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by leslieb on Jul 2, 12 6:19 AM
findlaybears wrote:I've encountered a rather weird glitch. At certain different points of the game, a prompt comes up that states, "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" So I must have created a new player at least 5 times already and have only managed to get as far in the game to collect 4 cards. I've also uninstalled/re-installed the game but still the same problem.

Yes, am getting exactly the same problem, tried it twice, haven't bothered again yet.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 12 7:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you seeing a save file corrupted error message, I would advise having a look at the following help article which will ensure you game is creating its save file correctly:

Game Not Saving

After checking out the tips in that article, please try the game again.

Creating a new player profile could help also, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the issue persists and you feel like you need some more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jul 2, 12 9:14 AM
I really like this game, it was going good till I got the cloth then game froze and I can't do anything with it, everything is updated on my computer.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jul 2, 12 10:59 AM
findlaybears wrote:I've encountered a rather weird glitch. At certain different points of the game, a prompt comes up that states, "Your save data has been corrupted! You must select another player or create a new profile!" So I must have created a new player at least 5 times already and have only managed to get as far in the game to collect 4 cards. I've also uninstalled/re-installed the game but still the same problem.

I also have the same problem, about saved data files is corrupted, start over. I've tried restarting about 5 times with a new name, and it doesn't work. Mine does this at the beginning of the game, before I could even get inside the gate.

I hope someone lets the game developer know this, so they can get a FIX done for the game. I want to play it!!

[Post New]by redondopattie on Jul 2, 12 1:55 PM
same problem, corrupt file message. I have restarted the game several times. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice still no help? I have purchased this game so hopefully they will provide us with a "fix" or a credit. Its too bad this is a good game I was really enjoying playing!?!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 2, 12 2:57 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the Save File Corrupted error that all of you are running into. We've passed this along for you, but if you're able I would definitely get in contact with Customer Support, and if you are able to send in a Dr. Felix that would help as well. This can help us find out what systems are being affected so we can better find out what's going on:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

In addition to that a rep will be able to help you out with your individual purchases as well. Thank you everyone!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 2:59:41 PM PST

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Jul 2, 12 3:13 PM
i'm having the same problem as everyone else as far as the game freezing i have uninstalled it & it still does it.i really don't think its all our computers fault,i think you better look at whom ever tested this game.i bought it,please fix it.ty moonwalker97478

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jul 2, 12 3:46 PM
Looks like a lot of us are having the same problem with Clairvoyant. I'm stuck also, at the "monkey on a stool w/a banana" scene. I've tried everything I know to do. I'm hoping a fix or update will be available, with so many reporting glitches.

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 2, 12 4:40 PM
I would like to know if the problem has been fixed b4 getting this game. Thanks BF for an answer.

[Post New]by Alexaanavid on Jul 2, 12 4:43 PM
My game is "sticking" also. Can click on things but nothing happens!

Go to: