bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 2, 12 1:28 AM
This is a lovely little SE. It takes place in a creepy carnival place similar to the game Dreamland only you are a detective who is investigating the disappearance of the magician. It has clear, beautiful graphics, nice soundtrack so far and voiceovers for all the characters except yourself but you don't really talk

I like the overall theme of the game because Im not over the creepy carnival yet as I think it has potential still with the whole clown, 4 legged men, crab people scenarios. However, I will not be purchasing this game because I like games that either have more adventure than hidden object scene, or an even amount of adventure and hidden object BUT this game is wayyyyyy too heavy on the hidden object scenes for me personally. I have been playing for 20 minutes and I played 4 in the first 5 minutes, the same one twice and then every time I walk into a new area, there is a hidden object scene waiting and once you go back into that scene, it pops up again so I have played over 10 hidden object scenes in a 20 minute period. The scenes are crystal clear, the objects easy to find and they are interactive but Im starting to dread seeing them already so I know this isn't a game that will keep my interest for long.

Those of you who LOVE hidden object scenes galore will love this one. Give it a try. I would recommend this game as its really lovely, its just not for me

Update: I didn't realize it said it was a HIDDEN OBJECT GAME not a hidden object puzzle adventure game like I thought. Talk about needing to read more carefully LOL I still think its beautiful though so those who buy it, enjoy

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 1:35:35 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 2, 12 1:29 AM
I had a chance to beta test this before it's release today. I like it. Yes, it's on the simpler side for advanced player's, but the game flow's very smoothly. I really like the storyline. I'm a big fan of carnivals. There are many hog scene's and they are on the easy side, but very enjoyable to me. The graphics are clear. Nice voiceover's through out the game. There is a loading pause when viewing the journal. I don't really mind that much. I would prefer it to be faster. Overall it's a good game and definitely worth trying. It's a buy for me. Good job developers and thank you . Enjoy! I look forward to all of your reviews.

Yes: Widescreen (hope it work's for you Valdy )
Yes: Voiceover's
Yes: Custom Cursor
Yes: Sparkles
Yes: Journal (load's slowly)
Yes: Map (no jumping)
Yes: Hog Scene's
Mode's of Play: Causal/ Advanced
Sound: Music/Voice
Theme: Magical Carnival Mystery

I rate this game: “PIGLET”
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games.
‘ ‘
(o)

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jul 2, 12 1:54 AM
Nice easy relaxing game to play. bright colorful graphics easy navigation very doable hidden objects of which there are many, and puzzles that do not frustrate, add a little adventure and you have just the right game to play as a break in between the more complicated brain freezers. This game is perfect to use up those bonus coupons and who doesn't just love visiting a carnival.

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 1:56:38 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 2, 12 2:08 AM
After sweating (without walkthrough) over the "sophisticated" Flux - I enjoy to play some relaxed and somewhat linear Interactive HOG...

The HOG screens are not heavily junked, and I can find the objects - not so easy, but doable. The Hints recharge quite slow. There is a map for navigation too, and 26 bonus cards to collect. Medium high graphics (wish the resolution would be more sharp). A lot of HOG scenes, interacted, but there are some adventure moves too.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 2, 12 2:26 AM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure with bright and clear graphics.

There are voiceovers (not for you though) which are very well done.

There is no journal as such but there is a File which logs information found regarding circus employees to try and determine the culprit.

There is a Map which is found within the file but IMO it's not much use for anyone who likes to know where active areas are and/or teleporting.

There are lots (and lots) of Hidden Object Scenes which have very clear graphics. You find items by list and there is some interactivity. A bit on the easy side for me. You do revisit HO scenes but the items you found earlier do not reappear. I don't use hints so cannot tell how long it takes to refill.

Puzzles – same old boring ones but on the plus side they do open into full screen. There is no reset button. I don't use skips but it either filled really quickly or was instant. It just seemed to be there.

Extra activity: Find 26 cards (Ace of spades) which refills hint system quickly.

You come across photo’s / newspaper articles etc – they will remain active even after you’ve took note of them. Whatever my final rating is, there will be a minus for that.

Zooming into an area will activate a puzzle if you have the required items. Once the puzzle is done though, the scene does not close itself. Another minus for that.

My overall opinion is therefore, great game with good voiceovers and excellent graphics which runs smoothly but because no thought has been given to the quality of the puzzles, scenes remaining active after you no longer need them, map useless – 3 stars. But because the devs have given us something extra (find cards) which always pleases me, I’ll up it to 4 stars.

No walkthrough so cannot determine approximate length.

I'm on the fence with this one. Will think it over in the bath LOL.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 2, 12 5:41 AM
This game was a stroll in the park on a sunny afternoon and I was absolutely delighted with it. It's a HOPA, not a HOG. Lovely graphics. Simple little story. Good length at 4 hrs. Great HOGs with little or no clutter and everything easy to find, and interactive. Good hint/skip buttons. Absolutely perfect navigation (hooray!). Doable puzzles, Colourful characters to interact with along the way. Games to play. Prizes to win.

I commend these devs on a truly enjoyable experience and I hope they keep 'em coming. Great job.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jul 2, 12 6:02 AM
I am so disappointed in what could have been a great game for me but I hate a game that has back to back hidden object screens. Enough all ready Game developers we have many thousands of hidden object games and I have nearly bought them all in the many yrs I have been a member of BFG.

I am bored with them and I know many others also want more adventure,freedom to roam without a hidden object screen just to fill time in a game. I speak for myself, when I am playing a game with a story I do not like the story or adventure broken up with random hidden object screens with a laundry list of random items. I love the voice overs in the this game and mini games, do I love the game enough to purchase it with all the dreaded hidden object screens it is debatable.

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Jul 2, 12 6:41 AM
I am glad to have a game that doesn't have a lot of to-ing and fro-ing.
My style is to play for 20-30 minutes at a time..often with gaps of a couple days before I come back to the game. It is too hard to remember various places and objects I might have seen on previous visits. Nice to have something I can just pick up where I left off without a lot of frustration.

Since most people seem to like the adventure-style, I am curious. Do you play the game all the way through at 1 or 2 sittings? (or maybe your memory is just a lot better than mine!)

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jul 2, 12 7:04 AM
I'm for sure on the fence on this one.

Only actual negative is the "widescreen" - personally I don't mind if a game does not have the widescreen option - but I do mind when the widescreen just streeeetches the scene out & makes it look funny this game does that. Though I am happy you can turn that off!!

I didn't experience the tech issues some folks are having - so no complaints there either! It's a nice game - but for me just "nice". The graphics are clear, but not awe inspiring - graphics are a big deal for me (and of course as long as graphics are clear whether or not they are "good" becomes totally subjective ). It is a nice (so far) easy break - flew through the demo in Expert mode (though still sparkles in H0 scenes - which is 200% fine with me!!) Kind of frustrating that the magnifying glass comes up at least once when you can't "use" it yet - but not a big minus - just makes you wonder if it's a glitch or just a spot for "future use".

Do like that there are lots of characters & they are "useful" in that you get items and some instruction from them & the plot seems interesting & game seems plot driven though there are a lot of H0 scenes (again, this is fine with me a) I like H0 scenes b) they are easy & interactive).

For now I'd give it - will chew on it - but certainly recommend folks try it for themselves!!

Happy Gaming!

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jul 2, 12 8:20 AM
Nice graphics. Smooth gameplay. I liked the royal flush game. Everything else was too obvious. Not a buy for me. Too many HO scenes. I strongly recommend trying it though.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 2, 12 8:46 AM
Review from playing demo: I like it!

There are lots of H0 scenes but they are well done and not "junked up", and the interactive objects go directly without having to "re-click" after combining them...that is good. I didn't care for the music and the sounds such as when walking about or finding something...voices, but I normally don't use the speakers anyway so it is no bother for me.

Lots of notes and papers to read, and some go into the journal so I did read and refer to the journal a lot. There is lots of "unused space" in the game so more details to a carnival, etc would have been good to "fill in" the background. Puzzles were not difficult thus far, and I am not really sure I did some correctly or if the game "gave" them to me. Hint seems to be a bit slow to refill, and I get the "nothing to do here" or "look elsewhere" which I don't like - I'd prefer a gentle "arrow nudge" in the right direction. I didn't find the map helpful at all. Sometimes it was difficult to get out of a scene or return to another scene because I didn't remember exactly how I got to where I was...a better map would have been helpful here.

Possible spoiler:
Something I think I noticed but didn't think to make note of until nearly end of demo is that it seemed as if the inventory objects "changed places" making the next one needed appear first in the line. Not sure, so if/when I buy it I will try to pay more attention.

Because I do like the game and story, I will most likely buy it if it lasts more than an hour or two past the demo.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 2, 12 10:46 AM
Not a bad game. Very nice graphics and game play. Music appropriate for setting. HOGs and games very easy. Too much returning to the same HOG scene..gets boring real fast.

As I said, this is a very easy game with no real challenge to it. Be an excellent game for a beginner or someone who just wants to float through a day. Just not for me.

Thanks for the reviews.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jul 2, 12 12:17 PM
Well this is a definite buy for me. I love games heavy on the hidden object scenes. I also really like the option for the aspect ratio. The story line is intriguing. It does remind me of Dreamland but it's also different than Dreamland. All in all seems like a good game.

[Post New]by gentlegranny on Jul 2, 12 12:56 PM
This is my first review so I hope I get my points across succinctly.
I enjoyed this little game greatly. It had many pros and few cons. A perfect game to relax with and not tax ones brain.
There are two modes of play with sparkles in the casual mode. Don't know yet about advanced mode. The game opened into widescreen but I, personally, would rather have the bars on the side than a stretched look to everything. The music was nice but appropriately spooky. I turn it down so I don't know how long the loop is.
There are many hogs, which I love, and they are neat and clear. Graphics are bright and lovely. Puzzles are plentiful but a bit on the easy side. I would wish them to be a bit harder.
I really love this little gem and would recommend it to those, like myself, who like some adventure and puzzling with their HOGS!
I give it 5 BON BONS
Gentlegranny

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 2, 12 1:03 PM
A fun game and I like it a lot. The graphics ar clear and like the storyline. Hints reload fast and it says it has a map, but so far haven't really noticed that it shows much? A voice over and not a real creepy game. I am a sucker for canival games so this is a great little SE.. Give it 3 out of 5 stars.. I just finished the demo and wanted to add a little more. I liked the puzzles and you get to collect Ace of Spades a little something extra to look for. It does seem to jump when you click on different scenes but that is the only thing I found that I didn't like.. All in all a good game and might even give it another star

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 1:42:26 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 2, 12 10:28 PM
This was a simple little HOS game but I did enjoy it. Everything worked perfect and I liked the interaction with the characters. The HOS items were very very small and I found myself just clicking through them and there was no penalty for over clicking. Kinda fun game. Give it try.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 2, 12 11:23 PM
SIMPLE: WOW TAKES A LONG TIME FOR THE HINT BUTTON TO FILL

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 2, 12 11:24 PM
SIMPLE: WOW THE HINT BUTTON TAKES FOREVER TO CHARGE..............................

Go to: