bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 12 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

Re:Post any Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Jul 4, 12 8:41 AM
I bought this game, but while playing the page just closes... this happens about every 2-3 minutes. I can go to my toolbar (or whatever it's called) and click back on it and it opens to where I left off, but it is annoying. This happened also today when I was playing the new Legends of Solitare game. I don't understand, I've never had this happen before.

Don't know if this is a BF issue or an issue with my computer???

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 9:44 AM
Hi MSJMOM,

Since you said you're experiencing this with two different games, it could be that something is going on with your computer. The first thing I'd try is updating your graphics drivers, as they will affect all your games. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If you try that and are still having games that close to your task bar, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can take a look at how the games are working with your system, see what might be causing the issue, and suggest specific things you can try to get everything resolved.

If you take a look at the post here, you'll find info on how to contact them and send in a Dr. Felix Report, which will have the technical details they'll need to start working with you.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Jul 5, 12 2:51 AM
Hi thanks for the suggestions. I ended up restarting my computer and that seemed to fix the problem. It was weird because I had never had anything like that happen before with BFG.

[Post New]by salembob on Jul 7, 12 5:52 AM
I haven't had any problems with the game untill I am in the lighthouse. When you put the new lens in the telescope it shows a cut scene then the last piece of the map drops on top of the telescope. at that point the game locks and you can't pick up the map piece or do anything. I've tried it twice and both times it totally locks everything. Please help.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jul 7, 12 7:01 AM
I have tried 4 times to download this game!!! I get to 50% and it will go back to 28% and start from there! Since I have a daily download allowance it really caused some problems more than once. What bothers me more than that is that I have paid for the game and it looks like I will never play it at this rate!

Anyone have a suggestion? Would really appreciate it!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 8, 12 2:26 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in here with some more advice for your game issues:

salembob ~ please try the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below. We find they help a lot of customers who run in to an issue with a game locking.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

bratzgram ~ I'm including a link to an article that I hope will help you too. It goes through some reasons why a game download might not go correctly:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you try the suggestions in those articles and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can start working with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

izarod
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by izarod on Jul 15, 12 3:51 AM
I was stuck at the lens to the lighthouse like alot of others. I finally was able to finish the game after upgrading my graphics drive and uninstalling then reinstalling. It worked perfectly after that. This was a wonderful game except I was not pleased with the ending. I hope there is something that comes after it to answer my questions.. Thanks BFG's I loved it. The forum always helps me with my problems in a game. My next stumper is another game that I hope I can finish now that I have made my graphic driver change. BFG's has always treated me with fainess and respect. Love them.

[Post New]by belladogfish on Aug 8, 12 1:42 PM
I bought this game on 3rd August. I did not download the trial game first. It took about 2 hours to download about 8% of this game so I aborted it. Saturday morning I decided to have another go at downloading. It started a bit faster than previous night. I decided to turn off my screen saver and go to town thinking that it would be downloaded by the time I returned. However, it was not but I left it any way. It took a total of 7 1/2 HOURS to download!! I am not joking. However, once downloaded, everything worked ok apart from moving from screen to screen was a bit slow.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Aug 21, 12 2:47 AM
Don't know if this will work for everyone but after getting stuck twice at the telescope and shuting down, I decided to do some of the other stuff first. Did the sandbag and oiling of stuff. Went back to the scope and it let me take the map part. As i say it may not work for all but it did for me. The game does have a case of the slows but its probably my computer. Need to upgrade or get a new one(right-ha). Good luck.

[Post New]by bizzieb7302 on Sep 1, 12 7:16 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 separate times, started the game using other names, and still cannot get the teapot to pour the tea into the cup. so I can get the fishing pole. It dips over the cup and goes back to where it was but still no tea comes out and I cannot get the cup with lemon tea. what suggestion do you have for me? My graphics card I know is up date as this is a brand new computer and this is the only game I have problems with.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 2, 12 3:04 PM
bizzieb7302 wrote:I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 separate times, started the game using other names, and still cannot get the teapot to pour the tea into the cup. so I can get the fishing pole. It dips over the cup and goes back to where it was but still no tea comes out and I cannot get the cup with lemon tea. what suggestion do you have for me? My graphics card I know is up date as this is a brand new computer and this is the only game I have problems with.
I found that you have to click in quite a specific pot. If you position the kettle so that the spout is over the cup when you click, it just wiggles and does nothing. You need to click when the belly of the tea pot is over the cup.

[Post New]by Doxiemom3 on Oct 17, 12 4:53 PM
I'm at the door in the cave and have put the coin in the door...it doesn't do anything so I can't get inside to go forward in the game...any suggestions????

[Post New]by MARILYNLY on Oct 20, 12 4:30 PM
HAVING ISSUSES IN THIS GAME WITH DIFFERENT THINGS ... FIRSTLY SINCE I HAVE THE STRATGEDY GUIDE , I REFERRED TO A NOTATION THAT STATED I HAD TO TOUCH A GATE WHEN DOWN IN THE SEWER FILLED WITH SNAKES , BUT MADE NO MENTION HOW I WAS SUPPOSE TO DO THIS ?? ALSO WHEN TRYING TO GET THE SHELF CABINET OPEN N THE VET'S OFFICE TO OBTAIN THE BANDAGE TO FIX THE BULLFOG'S WOUNDED LEG .. CANT GET THE DOG LEVERS TO TURN TO THE COLORS NEEDED TO OPEN THE CABINET DOOR ??
HAVE UNINSTALLED & REINSTALLED ALREADY, AS HAD A PROBELM FIRST TIME I PLAYED THE GAME & COULDNT GET THE CANDLES, ETC TO WORK TO HELP MAKE A FORMULA ?? THIS GAME IS GREAT BUT VERY FRUSTERATING TO PLAY WITH ALL THE BUGS IN IT ???
COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ?? THANKS, MARILYN

Topper_
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Topper_ on Nov 29, 12 3:14 AM
I have a problem in Chapter 5. In the Dean's House when I play the HOS in the wardrobe I can't move the cushion to get the scroll - this means that I can't progress any further in the game.... is this a bug? Help please.

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Jan 1, 13 4:40 AM
This the the 3rd BFG game which I cannot play. After playing for a short time, my computer shuts down. I cannot play longer than 10 mins without it shutting down my computer and the computer will not re-start for several minutes (therefore I suspect an overheating issue). I play a lot of BFG games and, as I said, this is the 3rd time I have encountered this problem. I don't know what is different about these particular games, but it's disappointing since this looked like an enjoyable game.

I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit laptop. It usually runs 24/7 without any problem, so the issue is being caused by the game, not a coincidental hardware issue.

[Post New]by Miss_Grey on Aug 1, 13 7:29 PM
So I went into the Dean's house, and down into the basement. I grabbed the pruners, went outside and snipped the ivy off the stone dog. Got the wooden heart. Now the game won't let me back into the house saying "there is no keyhole." Seriously??

Go to: