bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Legends of Solitaire: The Lost Cards

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 3, 12 1:29 AM
I don't play card games, but decided to try this one. I found, I had a hard time telling what cards what, cause of the backround color. I'm not going to buy this game because of that.........................ss big fish thought I would get a change of pace..................but, nope not for me...................

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Jul 3, 12 3:05 AM
I like this game and will purchase it today. Music is looped but very easy listening. Haven't noticed much difficulty difference between Normal and Casual. My kind of game, the demo hour sped by.

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Jul 3, 12 6:30 AM
Quite a bit in gameplay like Fairway Solitaire, but perhaps the graphics are not quite as nice.

The music is decent, and the game is very relaxing overall, so if you liked that, you'll probably like the gameplay on this one as well. It's difficult to say how long the game is, but it seems like I barely cracked all of the levels by the end of the hour.

I will probably buy this one, as I like a bit of relaxing solitaire from time to time.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 3, 12 7:54 AM
I honestly don't understand the need for yet another Golf Solitaire clone when there are so many of them out there. Especially with excellent titles like "Fairway" that are done so much better.

Is it not possible for developers to design a different card game like "Mille Bornes", "UNO" or "Phase 10"?

The only original card games I've seen here have been "Nertz Solitaire", "Skip-Bo" and "Picket Fences".

There are many different types of card games such as Rummy, Canasta, Poker, Spades, Hearts, Spite & Malice, etc.

Why is it so difficult to create something different?

I already own a game just like this, why would I purchase another one?

Edited on 07/04/2012 at 2:24:31 PM PST

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Jul 3, 12 8:00 AM
I like this game! There are options for easy, normal and hard. There are Achievements. I've been playing on normal but will give hard mode a try. Most likely will purchase since it is fun to play. Thanks devs.

KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KelLew34 on Jul 3, 12 8:43 AM
I love Fairway Solitaire, and the golf version of solitaire is my favorite. I like playing versions with different themes. I also like the fact that this one has different objectives for each level. I really miss that in the new version of Fairway Solitaire, so I'm glad it's included in this game. I also like the option to choose different levels of difficulty.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Jul 3, 12 9:36 AM
saphhire wrote:I don't play card games, but decided to try this one. I found, I had a hard time telling what cards what, cause of the backround color. I'm not going to buy this game because of that.........................ss big fish thought I would get a change of pace..................but, nope not for me...................

If you go into options, you can change the cards to a white background, this might help you enjoy the game a lot more.

I found this game to be a lot of fun, and since it has been a long time since I have played Fairway Solitaire, I think I will buy this one just to have a change from all the HO games I have still to play. also It will be fun to see where the levels progress on the map.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 3, 12 11:41 AM
Okay, I admit it, even though my favorite games are HOGs, I love Fairway Solitaire (the original) and play it almost every day. Can't tell you how many different names I have given myself. I play to see if I can beat my last score and it relaxes me.

This game is quite fun as well. Different and actually has a story line. Very nice graphics (even if it is cartoon-like), fun game play. Haven't purchased any extras yet, so not sure how they will work. I like the different things that pop up, e.g. locks, fire, etc. Even the music and sounds are nice.

The only thing I didn't care for is that the cards are so large, they are almost distracting (yes, I wear glasses for reading and even without them it is too big). Anyway, I already purchased the game...my husband even likes it and he isn't much of a game player.

Thanks for the reviews.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jul 3, 12 12:45 PM
I must say I wasn't expecting much with this game until I began playing and was very pleasantly surprised. The game is totally enchanting and, for me, a lot of fun. The graphics are wonderful and the cards large enough for me to see without being unpleasant. I was able to see them quite well and I really like the extras like the fire and the locks and the bonuses you can buy in the shop like the potion to put the fire out. I also like the extra cards you get that can be more of the same number instead of just one of each number from 2 to 9. I hadn't played but a few minutes and I knew I had to have this game. Also, I never get tired of the many different variations of this game, I guess kind of like the different variations of TMs or HOGs that come out. I am so glad this was a Fairway type game, because I like them the most (picking numbers higher or lower), I mean. Anyhoo, happy gaming!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 3, 12 12:59 PM
A fun game when you want to just relax and play a card game. Music was ok and enjoyed having a little relaxing time. Won't buy it until it's a DD as don't think it's worth the SE price.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Jul 3, 12 2:02 PM
I really enjoy this game. I am a fan of solitaire games, anyway, and enjoy the different themes available for this type of game.

I found the graphics appealing and the music beautiful. It almost has a Celtic feel, I think. The game is very relaxing and the time flies by while I play. It is true that the game isn't groundbreaking, but it is a nice addition to the genre.

Thanks to the devs for this pleasant little offering!

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Jul 3, 12 4:21 PM
I thought I'd just play the demo for something to do and ended up buying the game. It's really easy, relaxing and fun. I'm on the "casual" mode of the game since I don't like timers. It's a little like the Jewel Quest Solitaire games without the M3. Straight solitaire with a little strategy involved (only a little) and it keeps your mind active. My grandkids will probably enjoy this too. I've only played an hour and it probably gets more difficult as it goes on but I really like the game. A buy!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jul 3, 12 7:14 PM
I agree with MarkAlan... this is a nice game but why yet another solitaire game using Golf mechanics? Right now on BFG we have Best in Show, Crime, Faerie, Fairway 1 & 2, Gunslinger, Jewel Quests, Pirate, Royal Challenge, Solitaire Cruise, Heartwild 1 & 2 and probably others I missed. All the same game with tiny variations in power ups and graphics but essentially still one card up or down game play.

[Post New]by Tanya223 on Jul 3, 12 8:17 PM
I love this game

This would have to be by far one of the best solitaire games I have played and I have played a lot of them!

I love this type of solitaire game and am so happy that there are so many of them on BFG to choose from, they are the best!

Legends of Solitaire has wonderful graphics, the gameplay is so smooth and polished, the music played throughout is lovely and calming, just what you want when playing a solitaire game and a nice selection of music too.

I love the fact that there are 3 game modes to choose from.

The cards are a perfect size, not too large, not too small and I love the fact that you can change the background for the front and the back of the cards if you want, that was a great addition I felt as the developers have catered for everyone

I can see that a lot of thought went into this game and the developers have done a brilliant job!

I love the different objectives that you must get on each level, nice and challenging

It is so much fun to play and I am addicted to it already, just cant stop playing it.

I think the graphics are much nicer than other graphics I have seen on solitaire games, love the medieval type theme!

I can see a bit of difference between Casual and Normal mode and for a harder game, the Hard level is excellent.

I found this wonderful game challenging, enjoyable, fun, relaxing, addictive and very pleasing on the eye!

Thank you so much for this brilliant game!

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Jul 3, 12 8:27 PM
I bought this game with a free credit. Was very enjoyable and fun to play. there are quite a few achievements in the game. Even though this game is like most solitaire games I love the one up or one down type. this is a game that I will be playing in the future again. There are only 20 levels but it was still fun. It took me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to play the whole game because I cannot sit for long periods of time. I played on casual mode as I am not a fan of time mode. I play games like these to relax and enjoy, and not to become frantic with the time mode. If you like solitaire games and games that you can relax to then this is it. Hope you all at least give it a try. Enjoy it is fun.

[Post New]by Tanya223 on Jul 4, 12 1:37 AM
I have been playing for about 3 hours today on and off and I am only up to Level 8.

This looks like a nice long game and I am really enjoying it!

Each level I play, it just gets better and better

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Jul 4, 12 3:39 PM
Loved both Fairway Solitaire games. And I am really enjoying this one.
3 different modes of play, scenery is cartoon style but has a story to go with it.
The music is beautiful and quietly in the background. I agree with someone else that it sounds Celtic, which I love.
You can change the card backgrounds and the flip side also for ones that don't like the magical people and animals on them.
Bought this game with a PCC as I have been waiting for a new card game and this was definitely it.

[Post New]by StacyS02 on Jul 4, 12 5:41 PM
I love this game

I love the gameplay and all the options that you have.

It is great that you have to complete objectives throughout the game, makes it challenging!

I love the graphics and the backgrounds. I dont find them cartoonish, I think they are very classy and look great!

The music is enchanting, uplifting and relaxing, so many different types of music all with a wonderful feel and puts you in a wonderful mood whilst playing the game.

This game gets a 10 out of 10 for me

Go to: