Bengalcats
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,195 Posts

Has anyone actually ever finished Hell's Kitchen?

[Post New]by Bengalcats on Feb 4, 09 9:33 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry for posting this here but I think there is more exposure in Chit Chat and I need help before I go insane!!

I do love the Hell's Kitchen game as I am rather fond of Gordon. In fact , I have this game for PC and for DS Lite and I am finding that I can advance further on the DS than on the PC (strange that).

I was wondering... have any of you ever finished this game? I get to about half way through the Junior Cook level and then it all becomes too much. I do try to stage in that I make intervals between seating, taking orders, cooking and serving etc so that my orders don't all arrive at once, but my customers still become too angry (not to mention Gordon!). I also prepare all food as soon as I use them before customers order. Still, everything becomes so hectic and I wonder how on earth anyone finishes this one.

I read over on Gamezebo that someone even claims to have finished the game with 100% on all levels. I just don't see how? Perhaps it's Superman!

Anyone else feel this is mission impossible?

Many thanks.

Heidi

melisten
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

Re:Has anyone actually ever finished Hell's Kitchen?

[Post New]by melisten on Feb 4, 09 9:53 AM
Hi Bengalcats welcome to the pond.

I have never played this game yet when I saw your post "finished hell's kitchen" - smiled because redoing my actual kitchen was like that. (I am sitting here lol over my own thought of remodeling) Maybe I should play the game I am not much of a cook-LOL

I have found many of my games seemed mission impossible so set aside for another day to play.
How long have you been playing this game? I spent 6 mos playing jewel quest solitaire finally finished.

I am addicted to HOG what are your favorite type games?

mel

Bengalcats
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,195 Posts

[Post New]by Bengalcats on Feb 4, 09 12:10 PM
Hi Mel

Thanks very much for your kind welcome. I'd leave remodelling of your kitchen to someone like Sarah Beeny. If Gordon got his mitts on your new kitchen it would probably look like one of his! LOL. Good luck with that. I am sure you will love the new look.

I first downloaded this game the minute it was released. I can't quite remember when that was as I download and play so many! I've been trying to get past the half way mark since then. It just becomes absolutely impossible. It is actually very similar to his TV show of the same name and the graphics are really good but it is sooo difficult to get the Michelin stars. I know Gordon only has 3 himself but surely this is just a game, after all. Why make it so hard that you give up in frustration?

Time management is my favourite genre but I also like a lot of HOGs, such as Shop N Spree. That was a good one.

Have a good evening.

Heidi

Ooohhh, I've just seen that I have morphed into a Seahorse. How lovely!!!

Has anyone actually ever finished Hell's Kitchen?

[Post New]by rescuedi on Mar 4, 09 10:40 PM
Bengalcats wrote:Hi everyone

Sorry for posting this here but I think there is more exposure in Chit Chat and I need help before I go insane!!

I do love the Hell's Kitchen game as I am rather fond of Gordon. In fact , I have this game for PC and for DS Lite and I am finding that I can advance further on the DS than on the PC (strange that).

I was wondering... have any of you ever finished this game? I get to about half way through the Junior Cook level and then it all becomes too much. I do try to stage in that I make intervals between seating, taking orders, cooking and serving etc so that my orders don't all arrive at once, but my customers still become too angry (not to mention Gordon!). I also prepare all food as soon as I use them before customers order. Still, everything becomes so hectic and I wonder how on earth anyone finishes this one.

I read over on Gamezebo that someone even claims to have finished the game with 100% on all levels. I just don't see how? Perhaps it's Superman!

Anyone else feel this is mission impossible?

Many thanks.

Heidi

[Post New]by rescuedi on Mar 4, 09 10:45 PM
Hi Heidi
I finally finished hell's kitchen. It wasn't easy but me scores were good and I finished with 5 stars and all the unlock codes. One seceret is to keep pllaying the ones you are not happy with untill you get your stars. Also go to dining rrrm as often as you can.

Diane

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 4, 09 11:02 PM
Gordon called me a "donkey"! & some other names! lol
In the hell's kitchen game!
My husband hated it as well!
Tell us what you want but DON'T make it look like we are good for nothing!
lol!
Old & retired & hidden yummy recipes from Gordon!
Joy

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 4, 09 11:18 PM
Thank you, Diane!
Joy
Hugs to everyone!!

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Mar 4, 09 11:23 PM
No I was told off by Gordon and didn't even come close.

WhippetLv
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,552 Posts

[Post New]by WhippetLv on Mar 5, 09 10:09 AM
I would LOVE a kitchen that looked and functioned like Gordons that would be heaven

Edited on 03/05/2009 at 10:09:26 AM PST

Bengalcats
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,195 Posts

[Post New]by Bengalcats on Mar 6, 09 11:33 AM
Rescue, thanks for the tips and well done you. That is one difficult game. I do keep racing between the kitchen and the dining room but half way through all levels Gordon just loses his rag with me

Welcome to the Pond, btw. Lovely place this.

Sorry for the delay in replying. This thread had slipped right down and I've only just found it.

And yes, guys, I'd love a kitchen with the efficient Gordon turning out sumptious meals every day, but I just thought his kitchens look a bit austere, as commercial kitchens must, of course, hence the joke about Sarah Beeney

Bengal

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Mar 27, 09 12:22 PM
I just finished the game and I got a little groove going in order to complete all the levels with 5 stars. The order is this: Sit, take order, sit next people, make order, deliver, take order, sit, and continue that pattern. Once everyone is sat, replace the "sit" with clean table. This should create enough time in between to make the orders. I also find that making the orders should take priority and try not to have too many at once. The fire scale seems to grow larger if the orders are backed up rather than the ticked off people in the dining room. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by geewiz4018 on May 23, 09 4:15 PM
i did finish... nothing below a 4 and mostly 5's... once finished i went back and uped the 4's to 5's... great game... best thing to do on the higher levels is seat the 1st guest.. zip back to the kitchen.. prepare all food...at least click it to where it's in the air waiting to be prepared... then click back to the dining room.. you should have the 1st guest ready to order, click on them to take order, then click on waiting guests, then zip back to kitchen to prepare order... if you make the guests wait regardless of where they are just a few seconds in order to prepare an order .. it's ok ... try not to have more than 2 orders waiting at one time... thats when the flames pop up on the tables... it takes a few tries but it will come around... good luck.

[Post New]by JooLing on May 25, 09 9:35 AM
Hehehe..i Finished the game with 100%... =)

actually...it's pretty easy (tough in the sense that you are not really allowed to make much mistakes)..

tips to get 100% is to just follow one sequence...

Start

-Get customer (you don't have to see the customer sit)
-Get to the kitchen and click on all the ingredients
-Get the Order
(don't get back to the kitchen yet)
-Wait for the next customer. Sit the Customer
-Prepare the dishes.
(don't get out yet)
-When the dishes are done. Get out take the next order.
-If you have customer at the counter. get them. if not, then clear the dishes (and they'll start ordering again).

Important Tips

1. Always keep your kitchen with no more than 2 orders.

2. follow the sequence Cook.Order.Clear.Serve.Cook.Order.Clear.Serve...and so on

3. Don't wait for the next recipe to arrive. Just Get ready ALL of the ingredients.

4. The most important thing in the kitchen is, if you have 2-4 dishes with overlapping ingredients, throw in the ingredients in a way that it'll end up a different ingredient waiting to be placed in each dish.

5. even if the ingredients are not overlapping, do the same. always make sure that there's only one ingredient waiting to be placed to each dish. especially dishes which uses the same amount of time to be cooked.

umm..if u can get the hang of it. the sequence is all the same. sooner or later you'll notice it. just as long as you follow my sequence, then it would be not too hard to get 100% =))

al the best!

love this game btw.

=D

[Post New]by wildb3man on Aug 6, 09 9:04 PM
What about day 22? You don't go into the dining room at all. I get past the first two servings and then the doors slam shut. Are the stars the key? I can't seem to go any faster. I'm not missing something am I? I don't get asked to go into the dining room at all.

[Post New]by wildb3man on Aug 6, 09 9:05 PM
What about day 22? You don't go into the dining room at all. I get past the first two servings and then the doors slam shut. Are the stars the key? I can't seem to go any faster. I'm not missing something am I? I don't get asked to go into the dining room at all.

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Aug 22, 09 3:29 PM
hey there. I have finished many times getting all perfect scores all the way thru...

i know it sounds impossible but ive done it numerous times. the trick is in the ability to kind of be in two places at one time. i take order; place it...wait 2 other tables then go to the kitchen to prepare. when done, switch, deliver made meal and back to the kitchen to finish the next one. dont fret if Gordon gets testy it doesnt mean anything if you are doing your best. keep at it and you will conquer all. i wish i could send screenie of my scores but i dont think this forum supports that.

another hint is you dont have to remain with the server once you click the service you are performing. just click and return to whatever you were doing. it will be done even if you are not in the room. just remember to click it before you run off to do whatever else needs doing. i have returned to the dining room with only 9 seconds left for finishing the meal in order to click the next task and then rush back into the kitchen to pick up the order. works like a charm...try it

Edited on 08/22/2009 at 3:43:39 PM PST

msmeesh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by msmeesh on Jan 17, 10 7:21 AM
rescuedi wrote:Hi Heidi
I finally finished hell's kitchen. It wasn't easy but me scores were good and I finished with 5 stars and all the unlock codes. One seceret is to keep pllaying the ones you are not happy with untill you get your stars. Also go to dining rrrm as often as you can.

Diane

I am having a H*ll of a time finishing, I'm up to day 27. I agree with you. I've replayed every day until I got my 5 stars on the day. It gives you the sense of timing you need to put out the flames and make Gordon a very proud man. Anything short of that and you won't get much farther. I'm still just a junior chef, I've only just reached the point where oven times are shorter and I'm really struggling with remembering to do my sautees before my oven dishes. Also, remember to try to add ingredients so you're never left with the same final ingredient on two dishes with the same cooking time. I've smacked my own forehead a lot of times on that one and simply gone to the menu and started the day over right there. No sense playing it through when you know you've done a major screw up.

If you let Gordon's criticisms get to you then don't bother playing. They're meant to point out you need to focus more and tighten up your strategy. Since the third level it's taken me at least 2 sessions to complete a day. It really gets tough and trying but I'll be damned if I won't finish with 5 stars on every day. So far I'm there and won't advance to the next day until I get my 5 on the current day (I think I'm at 28).

Don't give up. Learning from your mistakes is the key. Visit the Dining Room often, but pace EVERYTHING! Serving, cleaning, seating and taking orders. It works best for me when I do my best to take one order at a time, finish it with all dishes complete within 01 seconds of each other, go out, take the next order and then clean, seat and serve.

Hope that helps.

meesh

msmeesh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by msmeesh on Jan 17, 10 7:30 AM
wildb3man wrote:What about day 22? You don't go into the dining room at all. I get past the first two servings and then the doors slam shut. Are the stars the key? I can't seem to go any faster. I'm not missing something am I? I don't get asked to go into the dining room at all.

The key here is to focus on cooking times. Add ingredients and then prep back up. Don't put the final ingredient in anything until you have the ingredient necessary for the next dish preped.

For example, if you have three dishes, each with three ingredients and the cooking times are 'oven 17', sautee 13 and sautee 9, add a different ingredient to each dish and re-prep those three ingredients. Then add another ingredient to each dish (making SURE you don't leave the same last ingredient on any two dishes unless its the 17 second oven and the 9 second sautee. 8 seconds is plenty of time to re-prep the last ingredient for the 9 second dish.

Also, you're usually working two tables at once, So try to pay attention to both tablesw with a major focus on getting one started with all dishes starting simultaneously. The focus on the second table watching the first so you put your dishes up as SOON as they've each reached 00 seconds. Letting them burn or get cold is what makes your score suffer. If you can get every dish out with 5 stars and no flame on the sword you'll get a 5 star score.

Hope that helps,

*meesh*

msmeesh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by msmeesh on Jan 17, 10 7:37 AM
JooLing wrote:Hehehe..
-Get customer (you don't have to see the customer sit)
-Get to the kitchen and click on all the ingredients
-Get the Order
(don't get back to the kitchen yet)
-Wait for the next customer. Sit the Customer
-Prepare the dishes.
(don't get out yet)
-When the dishes are done. Get out take the next order.
-If you have customer at the counter. get them. if not, then clear the dishes (and they'll start ordering again).

That's good advice. Occasionally, however, you're going to have two tables waiting to order at the same time. Never take both orders at once. Read the tips before you open the doors. They often coincide with a weak spot you've revealed.

When I started the first day I thought you needed to memorize the recipes! OY! I nearly fainted. Then I realized they're just there for your use. Yummy looking, all of them. Unfortunately I love to cook but never use recipes. Instinct all the way. It just has to flow and feel right and taste right. You don't see chef's in a gourmet restaurant with measuring spoons. lol !!!

meesh

msmeesh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by msmeesh on Feb 7, 10 5:08 PM
geewiz4018 wrote:i did finish... nothing below a 4 and mostly 5's... once finished i went back and uped the 4's to 5's... great game... best thing to do on the higher levels is seat the 1st guest.. zip back to the kitchen.. prepare all food...at least click it to where it's in the air waiting to be prepared... then click back to the dining room.. you should have the 1st guest ready to order, click on them to take order, then click on waiting guests, then zip back to kitchen to prepare order... if you make the guests wait regardless of where they are just a few seconds in order to prepare an order .. it's ok ... try not to have more than 2 orders waiting at one time... thats when the flames pop up on the tables... it takes a few tries but it will come around... good luck.

One other hint is to add an ingredient to each dish, and then prep the next ingredient for the longest meal cook time. Towards the end Gordon really leaves some room between cook times so be sharp. Also, it is so critical not to have two meals with the same last ingredient unless they're 5-6 seconds apart in cook time.

I found visiting the dining room often to be a hindrance.

Once your meals are complete go to the dining room
take the next order
seat the next party
serve the prepared food
go back to the kitchen and cook the next order putting one prepared ingredient in each pot. Make sure you get it IN the pot... if you aim outside the pot it will put the ingredient back on the prep table. When all meals are down to one different ingredient each, and you have everythin else prepped or in prep, start with the longest cooking meal and then queue your ingredient for the next. If you can keep all your cook downs within a second of each other and keep the pattern
take order
seat party
serve food
cook food
take order
seat party
serve food
cook food

and then when you're ending dinner service and there are no more parties at the host stand the order is

take order
clear table
serve food
cook food
take order
clear table
serve food
cook food...

A couple of stages are tricky. The worst is when you're stuck in the kitchen and unable to control the rate of tickets coming in. I was glad the last week didn't have that. By the second day of the last week I figured out the rhythm so it was really easy to finish off.

I wish I could tell Gordon to **** off now! LOL. The number of times he repeated "Let's go YES?".
Good luck. You can do it!

Edited on 06/09/2010 at 1:49:17 PM PST

Go to: