Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

"slice a card" sword

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 4, 12 2:44 PM
I am almost finished with Legends of Solitaire on normal, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use the expensive "slice a card" sword. The only two cards, it seems to me, that we would want to eliminate are the skeleton and the evil wizard card, but I can't figure out how to cut them before they get turned over from the pack. Am I misreading the instructions, or am I just lacking some piece of knowledge of a previous solitaire game?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:"slice a card" sword

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 5, 12 4:21 AM
No, you can't slash a moving card like the skeleton. This card is for if there is a card in the way, and you need the one underneath, you can slash the top card to get to the one below that.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 5, 12 4:53 AM
Dear Valdy,

I apologize for not checking the names. The "chop a card" hatchet is the first power-up; I was asking about the "Sword of Wonder," which is the last power-up (and costs a lot of coins!). The latter supposedly eliminates cards from the deck, and I couldn't figure out why I would want to eliminate cards since that might make series more difficult to create.

Thanks for your help!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 5, 12 7:12 AM
Hi Lucy

Yes, I knew you meant the sword, not the axe. However, I have given you wrong advice. I have now used the sword myself, and what it does is this: If, for example, you need to make a combo of 24 cards, but only have 20 so far, and are stuck, and there are no wild cards that can help you out either.

However, you see (for example) a 2 and a 3 and a 4 and a 5 on the table. So you use your sword to slash the 2, which will then be added to your combo, and you continue to click on the 3, 4, and 5, to get your 24 cards you need for the combo (just an example).

Hope this explains it. Oh, and you can use the sword as often as you like.

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 7:44:39 AM PST

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jul 5, 12 4:38 PM
Dear Valdy,

you are brilliant! I figured it had to do with making that last combination, which is sure hard with no special powerups! I finally finished the game without the sword (talk about good luck...), but I'm not sure that I'm going to try to win on"hard" with all gold.... We shall see how long this heat stays here in the upper Midwest and how much I have to be in a/c with my computer.....

Thanks so much for you help!

Lucy1997

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 6, 12 12:25 AM
No problem, Lucy. You are very welcome. I am glad you asked the question, otherwise I might not have bought the sword.

Edited to add that I only just found out that the Axe is doing exactle the same as the Sword. With both the card you chop or slice will be added to the combo, which means that if you have both the axe and the sword, it will be much easier to win.

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 5:57:35 AM PST

[Post New]by dabby1952 on Nov 8, 13 7:28 AM
I have a similar problem, but with the Staff of Solitaire. The "Staff Of Solitaire" indicates: This Powerful Staff will reveal 30% of the face-down cards. (Passive ability). I "purchased" the Staff many levels ago, but have never seen it work. The other passive upgrades (how many cards left in the deck and reveal of the next card in the deck) have worked fine, but I have not figured out what this one does.....I believe it probably DOESN'T do it at all...glitch in the game?

Go to: