vits5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Welcome to The History Channel Lost Worlds forum

[Post New]by vits5 on Sep 16, 08 7:38 AM
Played this game on-line. Then bought CD, but game won't play? Installed fine, but when I click on play, I received the following message:

WGL_ARB_pbuffer openGL extension not supported by this card

Any idea whats going on? Tried to contact manufacturer, but they haven't responded. Thanks!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 16, 08 8:12 AM
Hi Vits5! Welcome to the forums.

Since you purchased the cd from BFG, I would contact them directly. It sounds like you need to update the drivers on your video card.

[Post New]by okiherdu2 on Sep 18, 08 3:34 PM
I have not yet purchased the game, but downloaded the trial version today....my monitor flickers and I and get the same message.....only thing is, I downloaded the latest drivers for my video card less than a week ago. I've contacted big fish games for other suggestions, but am hopeful that someone on the forums may have an alternative answer.

[Post New]by Sngbook on Nov 8, 08 6:29 AM
I am also having the same problem! I've had this game for a couple of months and get automatic updates. Guess I'll have to check out drivers for video card.

[Post New]by cydonia on Aug 4, 09 6:32 PM
I loved the game and played the three given worlds. I completed them and also the bonus puzzles. However, the next worlds are still unavailable to me. What do I do? I bought the game and want to finish it! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

[Post New]by roseduck on May 16, 10 1:54 AM
I just bought the game as the daily "what's New? I have windows 7 , 12 gb tri channel ram and TB of disc on a dell studio. I tried to play the game and it will NOT even open up. It either does nothing but lay there unopened or it simply tells me I already have a game playing. If I do, it is in some hidden quadrant of computer and its a secret from me. Geesh I usually try them but this looked ok for 2.99 but dang no deal if won't play.

Aphrala
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aphrala on May 16, 10 1:56 AM
same with me roseduck, shame because this game actually looks good

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on May 16, 10 2:08 AM
Not to computer sauvy, is windows xp one of the one's that won't work with your new way of doing things.

donnasm
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by donnasm on May 16, 10 5:51 AM
joannickle you should be fine. I run Windows XP at work and I have the Game Manager and several BFG games on the work computer - they run fine.

zoohouse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zoohouse on May 16, 10 6:21 AM
Won't open for me either. Windows 7 also.

SPEEDEO
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SPEEDEO on May 16, 10 7:42 AM
I have windows 7 and it keeps going back to screen that says thank you for playing would you like to play again. I haven't played first time so I sure don't want to play again. lol

[Post New]by chrissiedo on May 16, 10 8:03 AM
vits5 wrote:Played this game on-line. Then bought CD, but game won't play? Installed fine, but when I click on play, I received the following message:

WGL_ARB_pbuffer openGL extension not supported by this card

Any idea whats going on? Tried to contact manufacturer, but they haven't responded. Thanks!
no i wish i di i cant get it to play every time i click on it it just flashes and wont come on i thought it was me im glad it ant x

[Post New]by Jennie275 on May 16, 10 8:20 AM
I can't play it either also Windows 7, '....Lost Worlds has stopped working, check online for a solution' is the error I get.

[Post New]by chrissiedo on May 16, 10 8:32 AM
Jennie275 wrote:I can't play it either also Windows 7, '....Lost Worlds has stopped working, check online for a solution' is the error I get.
i have i have never had trouble with any game off here i bye loads i begrudge paying for a game that dose not work it just flashes then gose on to play again any one know what to do thanks

[Post New]by Silverwing86 on May 16, 10 9:33 AM
I have Windows XP and can't run this game either, it simply doesn't show up, even though, according to the Windows Task Manager, the process does seem to be running. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,
Silver

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on May 16, 10 10:20 AM
I got through the first puzzle okay, then the second was to rebuild the statue of Julius Caesar. Although the instructions were to right click on the pieces to rotate them, this didn't work so the game came to a full stop

Shame, it looked like one I could enjoy

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on May 16, 10 11:03 AM
not impressed with this game! don't have a choice of cursors; couldn't right click to rotate pieces of puzzle; too many "find the differences" which I don't like. Only played a few minutes but its a no buy for me!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on May 16, 10 11:06 AM
I like watching the History Channel but not so much playing their games.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on May 16, 10 11:19 AM
I also thought this to be an interesting game. I have the same problem. Game Manager says I have a game running already. I know I don't but turned my computer off and restarted it as BF suggests. Still says I have another game running and I don't. EGGGGGGGGGGG. Oh well BF lost this one.

[Post New]by shawski on May 16, 10 12:35 PM
I am having the same problem - game will not start and then Game Manager indicates I have a game running. I have restarted and also deleted and downloaded again ! ARGHH!
Should not have bought before trying - my bad.

Go to: