MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

What is you favorite game mode?

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Feb 4, 09 9:47 AM
What is you favorite game mode? Swap, Chain or Group? .... and field type? Hex or Rect?

justnorma
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:What is you favorite game mode?

[Post New]by justnorma on Feb 4, 09 11:37 PM
For me, definitely group. Field type, overall would be rectangle as it's just easier to find the matches -- that is, unless you're playing group mode.

I've made it through group and swap modes. I'm 3/4 through with chain. IMHO, the chain mode should have rewarded with more points. And it definitely shouldn't take as many games to complete the level. I am enjoying the challenge of each game, but it's so exhausting at times and can be discouraging. 'Course I *could* take a break from time to time. I just want to finish so darn bad! Tomorrow -- definitely!

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Feb 6, 09 6:38 AM
Swap is by far my favorite mode. Group would be next, but even in Group I find myself thinking "If only I could swap these two tiles...". Chain is my least favorite. One reason is as JustNorma said, you don't get enough resources using Chain. It gets frustrating, especially in the upper levels where you have to get 30,000 or 40,000 of resources and you finish a field and you received 100 or 200. It takes forever! Last night, I switched back to Swap even though I have completed all the Swap boards because I wanted to get the Great Cave and I was tired of it taking so long.

As far as the field type, I really like the mix of the two. It breaks up the monotony of one or the other.

I really, really like the Relaxed mode. It is a lot more fun to be able to move at your own pace, especially when you've had a stressful day and just want to have fun.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 6, 09 6:48 AM
I play Group most of the time, and mixed squares and hex so I get some variety. Group because it's easier on my wrists: less clicking. I too find myself thinking "swap" particularly if I have been playing some other M3 game that swaps recently.

[Post New]by SophiaJoanna on Feb 24, 10 11:36 AM
Swap, definitely. Group is good too, but chain drives me crazy on this game for the reason already mentioned: so few points. I just finished playing chain and it was a huge relief. Now I can go back to Swap and enjoy myself. Oh, and I prefer hexagons, or a mix.

I really love this game, tho', even having to slog through so many levels. It's taking me forever to get through, even though I play so much I can see the icons when I close my eyes.

Best $2.99 I ever spent!

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 23, 10 4:54 AM
I started with swap, because that's easiest and most familiar. On the early levels, low points don't matter because the buildings don't cost so much. I then moved on to group, then chain. By the time I got to chain, the tiles were worth more, but it still took a while to make the points for the last building.

So I'd say my favourite mode is swap, then group, with chain a poor third.

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Oct 17, 10 11:13 PM
Let me be the first and maybe only to say, chain+hexagons is the best game mode for me

Even if that's the slowest way of finishing the game i don't care much, i wouldn't mind if such game had no story and no ending at all. Because the purpose of relaxed-mode Match3 games for me is playing while hanging on the phone with a boring person, while watching a not-too-thrilling movie on tv etc. -- a game can't make 100% of my brain busy enough and i don't want it to, so it's about spending time, not about completing something.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Sep 11, 11 10:53 AM
Swap and chains and I still haven't finished the game yet.

Go to: