bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 5, 12 12:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles technical issues here only

[Post New]by tickledpinkfish on Jul 5, 12 3:05 AM
Looks a good game with plenty of awards, shame I don't understand what they say, I guess it must be pirate language and not English!!

adec
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by adec on Jul 6, 12 11:57 AM
I have the latest DIrectX and video card drivers, have reinstalled the game and have switched off MS Security Essentials, as per BFG help information on this, but I still get the Access violation error message when I try to start this game.

Does anyone have this problem or any other suggestions on how to get around the problem?

Thanks
Annette

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 8, 12 5:15 AM
Hi tickledpinkfish and adec,

tickledpinkfish - if your game is not showing in your language of choice, I would suggest try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

adec- thank you for troublshooting this issue and I am sorry that that error message is persisting.

If neither of these tips help Fishies, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to provide some specific support for you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 5:16:06 AM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jul 8, 12 3:14 PM
I also am getting the Portugeuse, but only on the awards screen. Everything else is in English. I will try reinstalling.

Why are there no instructions on what the awards are for?

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Jul 8, 12 7:38 PM
My awards are also in a foreign language, although the game dialogue is in English. Will this be corrected with an uninstall/reinstall? I dont want to waste time.

[Post New]by grammabeauone on Jul 8, 12 10:47 PM
I am several levels in and all of a sudden the individual scores for each block come on the screen and won't go away. This is very annoying as I have a hard time seeing which blocks are done and which aren't. Also, the game doesn't continue when this happens. I have to get completely out of the game and get back in.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 12 4:03 AM
Hi Fishies,

cstdenis and BronzeLady - I would definitely suggest that you both uninstall and reinstall the game as that does sound odd.

Hopefully, resetting the game in this way will resolve that!

grammabeauone - I would encourage you to do the same, just make sure the game files are loaded correctly.

If you would help with this or for us to look into this further, please don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support team and they will be happy to assist you.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by cindy4412 on Jul 9, 12 6:51 PM
I'm on 11-4 and the points show up on the squares and stay there. The extras at the bottom aren't working I have restarted the level, have left the game and came back and it still does it. I haven't restarted the game completely to see if that helps because I am close to the end. Just thought you should know so it can be fixed.

[Post New]by piano45 on Jul 10, 12 8:31 AM
I'm having the same problem as Cindy 4412. Happened in the same place. I've tried restarting, starting a new game, uninstalling & reinstalling & the problem is still there.

Hope tech will fix this. I like the game.

piano 45

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 10, 12 9:44 AM
Hi piano45 and cindy4412,

Please get in touch with our Tech Support team and let them know about the issue you're having on that particular level. They'll be able to take a look at what's going on with the game, and can try some troubleshooting steps with you.

And if it is a glitch with the game itself, the information we collect from you will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from and get a fix that much faster if possible.

You can read more about how to contact Tech Support and send in those details in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Jul 11, 12 1:24 AM
I'm having the same problem as grammabeauone, cindy4412 and piano45, except mine started at level 9-7 and has persisted through the levels I have subsequently completed (ie it's not a problem with just one level).

I have submitted a report to Tech Support, so hoping they come up with a solution quickly.

James_Kit
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by James_Kit on Jul 11, 12 1:28 AM
Maybe try restarting your computer? Hopefully devs will sort it out soon.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 11, 12 2:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and sending us details on that issue you are having.

If we have any futher information on this, we will be sure to post that in the Forum as usual.

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 19, 12 3:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is an update to this game available now. More i information about it can be found here.

To get the update you can just uninstalling and reinstalling your game. If you click the blue text it will take you right there.

However if you try this and the game still gives you trouble, then don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team. It will help us track any issues and a rep will be able to take a closer look at your game with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Best,
bfgCimarron

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 3:30:01 PM PST

[Post New]by ChasND on Aug 1, 12 1:18 AM
I am trying to achieve the "Nerves of Bronze" award in the game, but it isn't allowing me to get it. I get my mistakes up to 5 of 5 (and increase it if I get a crab tile since that allows extra mistakes) and then complete the level; I have done this for about 12-13 levels in a row and the game still has not given me the award. Am I misunderstanding how to achieve this award?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 16, 12 10:35 AM
Widescreen does not work in the Mac version.

MiamMiam
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by MiamMiam on Aug 23, 12 1:02 PM
It seems frequently that when I go to select a row of tiles (either with the hook or hand) It will register as a mistake, even the though the tiles show that I was correct. In other words, if I take the hook and select 5 tiles, I will get 5 mistakes, even though the layout shows I was correct in using the hook. It happens with the hand too. Also many times the screen on the right will show one tool (i.e. the hand) highlighted, yet on the board is the other tool.

At first I thought it was user error, but both things happen enough times that I realize it is not me.

I am not picky about points or anything, so I usually just restart the game, but it gets annoying.

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Aug 24, 12 9:55 PM
Mac version here, on a C2D 11" MBA running 10.7.4

I am running into a fatal bug on I believe level 17-1. As soon as I finish and the graphic scatters, the screen freezes and in a couple seconds the game crashes back to the Finder. I have reproduced this about 5 times (amazing how many mistakes I still make considering how often I played the level).

I did not get this bug on a 27" i5 iMac running 10.6.8 and continued to play the game.

I will contact CS soon but am curious if anyone else is seeing this bug.

[Post New]by SlipperFish on Oct 31, 12 11:14 AM
I can't get the little colored pieces to turn in the mini-game (level 5-2? I think?) Searching the web seems to indicate I should be able to right click to turn them, but right click isn't doing anything. I'm on the Mac version.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm about to skip the game, so this isn't a catastrophic error, but I would have liked to have played this mini-game.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Go to: