Senior Citizens sign in!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 2, 18 5:57 PM
Definitely still some sort of time glitch, its been plaguing my game for an eternity it seems now. I have reported all this time and again to tech, but its still bad. No longer does it tell me its 7+hrs till the next life, they have gone back to the normal 20 mins, however, this is an example of what happens all the time. Lets say I play in bed at night, use up any amount of lives, have spun the wheel say a few mins ago, nearly fall asleep, so I have to turn the ipad off to go to sleep, can't leave it turned on all night as the light would be a pain. When I turn it on again, say 10 or more hours later, its stuck where it was when I turned it off, lives not replenished, time not counted down on the wheel, any shipping I had previously done, has not moved anywhere and when I turn the ipad on, the time starts counting down only when I open GD up again. Blimey teddy, I am SO OVER IT its just not funny anymore. I should not have to leave my ipad turned on all night or even for four hours in order for shipping to move to Beijing. How many times do we have to beg for them to fix the game. Stop worrying about other things, just fix these issues GD!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Mar 2, 18 6:12 PM
Hi Trav,

I have been having major issues with PM messages and posting to the forum as well. My created thread to grampa (because PM did not go through) regarding Havana changing resource requirements actually disappearded from the forum for a few hours then reappeared again. I know for certain it was there and then when I wanted to post to it is was gone. I even checked the first 5 pages of the forum to be sure and rrrrob confirmed by PM to me that it was gone. Then as I say it came back. I contacted a moderator and was guided to clear my cache files on my computer browser which I have done. Did not try to post yet today so fingers crossed this will go through

Best regards
Glitter

Edited on 03/02/2018 at 6:28:18 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 2, 18 6:33 PM
I don't think your own computer would have made any difference to whether a thread page was or was not on the forum. Surely thats a fault or responsibility of the website, not you personally. I know that page was there as I read it when it first appeared wondering what it was and realised it was there because you were having trouble, so it wasn't your imagination that it had appeared. It certainly did. I think there must be a lot of issues across the board on this game, too many glitches seem to be happening lately. I have NEVER had so many as what I have had recently and its not being fixed. Over it red rover.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Mar 2, 18 10:06 PM
Hey Jules,

I actually did not report the missing thread as that had already resolved itself before I sent the mod a PM message. I told them the difficulty I was having with my PM messages being hit and miss and my inability to post replies in the forum. The clearing of the cache files was the remedy they suggested for those issues. I am not convinced that is the reason and am with you on it being a glitch in the game and the forum system itself and nothing to do with my computer. I am not the only one who has had the same issues and it happens for a few days and then it rights itself. I have experienced this at least three times in the last few months. It is like when I send a PM message and it goes to the recipient but it duplicates itself. No rhyme or reason....just a glitch. I hope all the other issus with time and event problems get fixed as well.

Happy Gaming
Glitter

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Mar 4, 18 11:01 PM
I was very unprepared when I last got 2 hours unlimited. So I made a list of all the levels in each city where I was missing one little worker to build a resource centre for example. In some cities I needed to complete two levels to get 50 green gems. Now I have a written list and after the last Everest challenge I made some really good achievements and winnings. Thought I would share this as there are still a lot of us out there making our way through the game and needing these special marathons and Everest challenges to help complete levels and cities. I keep the list tucked in the back of my tablet case. Keep them coming GD.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 5, 18 12:49 AM
Froggieloveyou wrote:I was very unprepared when I last got 2 hours unlimited. So I made a list of all the levels in each city where I was missing one little worker to build a resource centre for example. In some cities I needed to complete two levels to get 50 green gems. Now I have a written list and after the last Everest challenge I made some really good achievements and winnings. Thought I would share this as there are still a lot of us out there making our way through the game and needing these special marathons and Everest challenges to help complete levels and cities. I keep the list tucked in the back of my tablet case. Keep them coming GD.

Great how so often the best ideas are the simplest ones.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Mar 5, 18 5:34 AM
I agree. I keep a small pad of paper by my “Gummy chair”. I keep a list comprised of the numbers of all the timed levels in a city, then I use infinite lives to go back and complete the second and third tiers. Takes some of the stress out of timed levels, when you know you can just try, try, try, try again! Lol...

P.s. anyone noticed that the first timed level in most cities is 27? Gotta love lists!!!,

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 5:36:57 AM PST

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Mar 5, 18 8:56 AM
Good idea Keith! I try to remember where the timed levels are in a game, but haven’t actually written a list.

I just finished Powder Peak 100%. I didn’t buy the the HH until the end because I didn’t know if I could finish the game (traveling, and a short open time on the board, only 7 days. I think. Then the 5 days left turned into a 12 days, and I played when I could). The prizes are comparable with past, 3rd tier 350 coin plus 7 or 8 boosts, 100% city 1,100 coin and a whole bunch of boosts. Lightenings, combos, earthquakes, kites.

I keep track of where I am when the board gets difficult (all the 2 and 3 tiers that are going to need work) and watch the over all numbers of coins and boosts needed.to finish. I replenished my boosts used with boosts won pretty much, and came out 1,300 ahead in coins. It’s not just the coins for finishing the city, it’s all those 60 and 30 from winning the level. There were probably + 2000 coins from the levels rewards prior to it getting hard.

Edited on 03/05/2018 at 9:18:28 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 6, 18 3:33 AM
That blasted glitch with the shipping times is back on my ipad. I shipped about 10 hours ago this morning from just a few cities I was in, and tonight, just went to go through the entire lot of cities and ship from all, when I looked at the tab to see which cities I had already done, it was showing that there was still over 9 hours to go before the ships are to come in. So I shut down the ipad totally, rebooted. NOT fixed it, but it NEARLY doubled the time. Its now telling me the ships will arrive in over 15 hours from now.

And a few of you mentioned that Powder Peak time left had either got less or extended, its now over on my ipad, I had built the final monument prior to it ending so its got the stamp in the passport, and the time has counted down to past it anyway now, but its still on the world map, its locked and says complete all earlier cities etc to unlock this, and it won't open. But if I open the passport, and touch on PP, it will go into PP and I can scroll around it, but if I happen to touch on any level or HH etc, it takes me out of PP straight back to the world map. This is REALLY weird. Strange things are happening. It should have totally disappeared off the map.

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Mar 6, 18 6:08 AM
Wow, Jules, sure don’t envy you that level of frustration! Sounds like your game has gone totally off the rails. I hope your machine has not totally gone beyond anyone’s ability to fix things. I think I would have quit the game long ago.. we hope you don’t, we love your ability and willingness to help one and all!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 6, 18 1:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

I want to remind all of our players that if they would like to discuss or report a technical issue, they should do so in the appropriate threads linked below and not in a thread meant for a more social purpose:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! Mobile here!
Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

Since there are thousands of posts in the forum a day, it can help moderators a lot to post accounts such as shipping times not seeming to be correct or other in-game technical issues. Please don't hesitate to also contact our Gummy Drop! Support Team with your Passport number or User ID, if available, should you like more assistance. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

Thank you for helping us maintain the accessibility of our forums and for helping the Forum Moderation Team going forward by discussing technical issues in the appropriate threads. I also want to discuss some of the Forum posting issues that players have mentioned here. First, I want to recommend seeing if the following announcement with workarounds for our automated filters can assist with getting those posts or private messages to go through:

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 1:42:45 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 6, 18 1:43 PM

If you find you're still having trouble sending a message or posting, please provide a verbatim copy of the message, along with the subject, to our Customer Support Team regarding this forums issue. We'll be contacted to review why that message doesn't seem to be going through. Afterwards, we will be able to get back in touch to provide additional assistance.

In regards to obtaining a verbatim copy of the message, what I recommend is pressing the "Preview" button before clicking on "Submit" for your PM. After the Preview shows up above your typed in message, take a screenshot of that preview message. This will make it easier to report the verbatim message's content should we need to investigate further and will aid us in better adjusting our forum's automated filters.

Thank you all for your time and understanding. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our moderators. We're happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 6, 18 2:38 PM
WOW, if you were having a go at me for posting in this thread an update on how my game is working, as its been absolutely dreadful lately, then I have no idea why. In this thread, we have discussions about LOTS of things, including many tech issues from MANY players. And we try to help each other. I personally have been down every road I could with the tech help people/cust service etc, and NOTHING works and they told me pretty well there is nothing that can be done, and kept saying all has been passed on etc, but it won't be fixed, so contacting them or posting in those threads will not help me. I am just praying that the next update will somehow fix it.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 6, 18 4:53 PM
Hello OOo_jules_oOO,

I'm sorry that it seems that way, as this was not my intention. I had recently noticed a lot of technical issue reports in the thread and just wanted to remind all of our players that it's best to have technical issue discussions in the appropriate threads so that the teams behind the game can better understand the impacts and current situation of our players who are experiencing issues. We try our best to keep our forums accessible by providing a specific thread for these very important reports, this way players can continue to discuss other game related matters in other posts and so that teams behind the game can more rapidly and easily retrieve this information for investigation.

Posting to those threads helps my team out a lot too. It helps us be sure we're getting in touch with the right teams as fast as possible when issues are reported, just in case those teams need further information to investigate. These threads also help us quickly gather pertinent technical information or descriptions that have been provided, such as the impact of the issues players are experiencing, what players are seeing before and after the issue occurs, the device type those issues are appearing on, and if there are any commonalities or ways we can assist immediately. Putting these all in one thread helps reduce the amount of time it takes to provide the specific information necessary to investigate reports of technical issues. It also helps moderators respond to those requests for assistance more rapidly with suggested steps or what might be happening.

I'm sorry to hear that our Reps were unable to provide steps to resolve the specific issues you are experiencing. We hope that the teams behind the game are able to find why this is happening with the information provided. I also hope it's more clear why I needed to swim by real fast to remind our players why we have those specific threads and how they help us resolve issues in the game more rapidly. Thank you for understanding that this was more of a general reminder than a specific call out. Thanks for helping us out everyone!

Thank you all for your time as well. If there are any further questions or concerns about this post, please feel free to PM me directly. I am happy to listen and help out as best I can.

bfgIlinalta

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 6, 18 5:39 PM
Thats OK. I guess seeing as we post on the threads when needed for tech help, or contact customer support directly, that takes care of all those issues, but sometimes, it doesn't work, but its also helpful to post on this thread as we try our best to help each other and it also brings things to others attention in case they need to know, and its helpful sometimes to just simply discuss things with each other, and those discussions can be interesting to others too, even if they don't post. Maybe it is also helpful to the tech people to read this thread, and other threads, to find out how players are really feeling and the issues they have. It does seem that we all have different issues that hit our games at odd times. And we try to keep each other informed of updates, new things, tricks and tips etc. Tech info should not be relegated only to the tech thread.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 6, 18 6:27 PM
Powder Peak still showing as 5 days 4 hours on my iPad- Jules, is anyone else over the ditch having problems do you know? I wonder if it’s a server problem over that side?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 6, 18 6:37 PM
Hello again,

I can absolutely understand that, and I will bring this up to our team the next time we discuss our future direction for moderation in the forums as feedback for our forums and specifically threads of this nature. I also agree that this thread has a lot of value for everyone here and is helpful for players to use to discuss things more informally with one another or to help build a strong community that likes Gummy Drop!. It also has helped our team better understand how players are seeing our changes and is why I swim by every so often to check in and see how things are.

It isn't my intention to make it seem like you are disallowed from discussing game play, new features, trouble you've had with levels, tricks, new things, or updates. That is an appropriate use of this thread and definitely fine to continue and may actually help a player determine whether a report needs to be made, or more assistance is necessary.

I only was discussing specific reports of technical issues, especially those that haven't been brought to our attention or seem to be difficult to resolve using our help pages. This helps make our teams investigations faster and the forums easier to navigate. For instance, players who are looking for suggested steps for an issue may find it quickly in the technical issues thread as there are only technical issue reports in that thread, which this thread is not designated for, and may contain multiple topics of discussion, which may make it take longer to find a specific concern.

Thanks for understanding that the reasoning behind my posts here are to help keep technical issues to the appropriate threads and help our teams and other players with similar issues more rapidly. Further questions about this should be directed to me privately via PM. I'll be sure to follow up as soon as I am able to do so. Thank you all for your time and patience.

bfgIlinalta

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 6, 18 6:52 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:Thats OK. I guess seeing as we post on the threads when needed for tech help, or contact customer support directly, that takes care of all those issues, but sometimes, it doesn't work, but its also helpful to post on this thread as we try our best to help each other and it also brings things to others attention in case they need to know, and its helpful sometimes to just simply discuss things with each other, and those discussions can be interesting to others too, even if they don't post. Maybe it is also helpful to the tech people to read this thread, and other threads, to find out how players are really feeling and the issues they have. It does seem that we all have different issues that hit our games at odd times. And we try to keep each other informed of updates, new things, tricks and tips etc. Tech info should not be relegated only to the tech thread.

Have you tried playing close to the router to see if that might make a difference? Or tried playing on a hard wire computer to see if it has the same problem? If it is a server connection issue it is possible that the game may not be playable anymore on a mobile device, I've seen other people post about the same type problem and the only way they can play and have the game work correctly is to be hard wired in.

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 7:19:05 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 6, 18 8:16 PM
OK, bfgllinalta. Thanks for that, don't stress about it though, its all ok.

Generally, I believe this thread is so popular and successful is because it truly has a lovely community feel about it and everyone on here seems to be interested in generally anything which gets posted no matter what the subject. I have found, on the whole, that its great learning about things from others in various parts of the world and sharing info, helping out and generally just being chatty and friendly, something which is often lacking these days in other places. So I sincerely hope we all continue to post on here and enjoy it.

Lambina, thank you for trying to help with the issues, but nothing seems to make any difference. I have tried it all, and as I have said to both tech and on here, GD is absolutely the ONLY game that does this on my ipad, so I truly believe its something that was in the MIami update for me specifically as thats when it all started. I really wish it had not stuffed the game up so badly. I often sit here on my computer playing and the router is here, less than 1 foot away and it makes no difference.

And Trav3lbird, I have no idea if anyone else over this side of the ditch is having issues (for those of you elsewhere in the world, the 'ditch' is the Tasman sea which separates Australia and New Zealand and thats its nickname) as I actually am not sure if there are any other Aussies who are regulars on this particular thread. As far as I know, you and I are the only ones in the southern hemisphere. There is one from South Africa I know of, and the rest are from either Europe, the USA or the UK. Please correct me guys if I am wrong. I would love to know if there are any of you also from Australia.

Edited on 03/06/2018 at 8:17:37 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 6, 18 9:13 PM
Since it started with the Miami update is it possible that the app size has grown to big for the particular device? How is your storage space?

Go to: