purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

Not enough lira

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Jul 5, 12 8:18 PM
Help! I need 13 lira to buy the chainsaw or I can't move forward. I have 11, so I've obviously missed 2 somewhere. The strategy guide doesn't seem to list where they can be found, does anyone have a list?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Not enough lira

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 5, 12 8:33 PM
Purple, I hope you play in casual mode. The simulator doesn't close a location which has Liras, and if you will visit all the locations, click on the hint button. If you get "nothing to do here", continue; but if there are Liras, the hint will point on the location, to help you collect them.
I had the same problem and with the hint button it get fixed.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 5, 12 9:52 PM
Hi purplecat8,
SPOILER ALERT
It might not be the same for you, but the last coins I found were in the light bulb above the entrance to the dilapidated building. You can't get them until you have assembled the slingshot.
Cheers

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Jul 6, 12 2:56 AM
Thanks ladies.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jul 6, 12 2:02 PM
IM SITTING HERE WITH ONE COIN SHORT ALSO,,IF YOU FOUND ONE LET ME KNOW PLEASE....

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jul 7, 12 1:26 PM
I had the same issue - even tried to cheat Giovanni to give me the chainsaw for 12 lira!!
I went through all scenes, at least I thought I did - forgot something in the beginning of the game:

SPOILER (highligt to read):

Went back to the very beginning where the phone-booth is, zoomed into the phone and unscrewed the cover to start a mini-game - that'll give you one coin!

Edited on 07/07/2012 at 1:31:04 PM PST

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Jul 18, 12 12:41 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:IM SITTING HERE WITH ONE COIN SHORT ALSO,,IF YOU FOUND ONE LET ME KNOW PLEASE....

I found the last coin in the jewlery box, where you used the ring to get it open and on the back cloth part of the jerwlery box was a coin. I hope that helps

[Post New]by oldecat on Jul 22, 12 12:38 PM
Yes, I'm here with Luigi's room key and 12 Lira. I just went back to every place in the game. Then repeated on casual. I hate being trapped in a game, especially a collector's ed. Grrrrr....

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jul 27, 12 1:26 PM
THANK YOU for the heads up (HA) on the coin in the phone booth. I was about to give up on this hated game. Did not like it and the lira issue was making things worse.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

kindnsruls
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by kindnsruls on Aug 7, 12 10:12 AM
Well I am still stuck in the store with 12 Lire...have been back through the game multiple times and cannot find where I missed one. Do not think I HAVE missed one!

Go to: