bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 6, 12 12:57 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 07/14/2012 at 10:54:14 AM PST

LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show technical issues here only

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Jul 6, 12 2:44 AM
Played the CE version with no trouble. However, cannot get this SE to work. Screen is not loading properly and covered in large areas of white squares. Have made sure I have all the appropriate updates on my windows xp pc and have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Any suggestions?

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Jul 6, 12 4:46 AM
I have the same problem. I played the CE with no problem, but I can't play the SE. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same white squares. Also the introduction was very slow and the scenes seemed to be imposed on each other.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jul 6, 12 9:18 AM
Make that three of us. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Rebooted. No dice. CE worked fine, and I just loaded it up again to make sure nothing changed which it didn't.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Jul 6, 12 9:20 AM
Same here, played CE with no problem, the SE has white boxes, bleached out looking in spots, cannot play it like this.
Not my computer, obviously since I can play all other games, and see that others have the same issues with this particular one and not the CE version.

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 9:22:07 AM PST

adec
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by adec on Jul 6, 12 12:57 PM
I can't run this SE version either, the display is not quite right and I get a runtime error from MS Visual C++ runtime library which terminates the program at the end of the audio intro.

My PC is up to date on all MS updates, DirectX and video card updates.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 6, 12 2:06 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that a few of you are running into some issues with the game running and displaying correctly. To help us determine what is causing that, please contact our Tech Support team and let them know what you're experiencing. Running a Dr. Felix Report will also be hugely helpful for us to figure out a solution to those errors.

Hopefully we can get that corrected shortly so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 6, 12 3:03 PM
Once again a game that says it's in full screen mode when it isn't.
The game loaded fine but is too small on my screen.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jul 6, 12 4:54 PM
I'm so bummed. This game is on my list to buy the SE when it comes out. Like others said, the CE worked fine. When I launched the SE I got a run time error message and the game closed. Whaaaaa

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jul 6, 12 7:32 PM
Seems to be a variety of errors then since some of us got it to load but with elements showing only as white boxes while others got errors trying to load. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not in the mood to do another Felix report. I think I'll just delete the game for now. It wasn't so fabulous that I can't wait for a patch or report.

[Post New]by sharkinthewater on Jul 7, 12 11:57 AM
Major problems with this one. White squares where there should be picture screen.May be my computer, but had no problem earlier.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jul 7, 12 1:12 PM
Ditto, could not play the game at all. The runtime error here also. Will only be able to play if there is a fix released which I doubt will happen.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jul 7, 12 1:43 PM
i have to click on objects several times to pick them up & arrows also. i'm a starfish!

Edited on 07/07/2012 at 1:45:21 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 8, 12 4:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

The folllowing help article could be useful for those of you experiencing display issues.

By updating the elements that display your game, you should eb able to improve how the game performs and displays:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those of you facing a runtime error, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help you with this.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 4:31:20 AM PST

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jul 8, 12 7:20 AM
Good ol' update your drivers routine...Though that completely disregards our point that the same game at a CE runs fine. BFG it is not our drivers.

[Post New]by leonamcboner on Jul 8, 12 9:00 AM
Ditto for me too! Will there be a patch do you reckon? I really wanted to play this game...

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 8, 12 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim in and let you know that the white/black patches in this game is something we're looking into at the moment. In the meantime, the update of drivers has been a trick that have been working for some.

However, if you've tried this and the game is still giving you trouble, I would definitely get in touch with Customer Support. A rep will be able to help you out with your individual purchase, and it will help us gain more information about what kind of systems are being affected so we can better resolve the issue. We definitely want you to have a working game!

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

GRAPHIC DRIVER: The Perfect Show technical issues here only

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Jul 10, 12 1:52 AM
I get a error message to upgrade graphic driver but my device manager says everything is up to date and the best driver is installed. I deleted the game and reinstalled but didn't help. Don't know how to correct this problem.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 12 3:49 AM
Hi there co_ff_ee,

If that message is showing despite the fact your driver is up to date, I would suggest running a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team.

Once they have that information, they can investigate what the issue may be and provide some tailored advice for your system.

I hope this helps and good luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by nurseflamingo on Jul 10, 12 1:14 PM
I am having the same problem with the white spots! Have downloaded the game twice.

Go to: