bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 6, 12 1:00 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 3:35:52 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 6, 12 1:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgFlounder

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 6, 12 1:39 AM
ETA: Ooops... I just noticed that this thread is not stickied. Who has been LOL

Good morning to all who are looking to buy the SE:

This review is based on the CE version, which I played in Easy mode.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor - the latter being a smaller version of the former.

There is voice-over.

The Journal is at the right. Within you will also find a section for your Objectives, and how long you have played the game.

There is no Map.

The iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) are nicely spaced, and objects are easy enough to find. Object names in yellow are hidden within another object, and object names in green need an extra step before you can click on them.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS, takes 45 seconds to refill in Easy mode.

Puzzles/mini games can be skipped. The ones I have encountered so far are really nice ones. SKIP button takes about a minute to fill in Easy mode. Didn't actually count the seconds, so can't say for sure.

The graphics are not quite of ERS standard, but are very well done, especially in the main game area.

--- --- ---

I enjoyed the gameplay, and really liked the mini games. It was a fun and entertaining game.

************************* Please no PMs asking for help

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 1:59:56 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 6, 12 4:01 AM
I can say, that I already played this game 3 times (CE), and today I play it for the 4th time - without knowing that the SE was posted...

I love this game, and every time I feel down, I choose to play it. The plot is fascinating, the navigation is excellent - even without map, there are navigation arrows and full help out of the HOS, only by clicking on the hint button.
It's mainly an Adventure game, and the tasks/puzzles are a beaut!!!

There are masks to collect, with sign of the simulator in which location to search for them. You have to look carefully, because the masks can appear in a small window, but if you finished to play the window and don't collect the mask - you can't enter there anymore and you lose the mask...

This is the first creation of small Serbian group, and it is made with great love and care. I hope that the second game of this group will be as lovely as this game. Lol, it is my relaxing pill, and I love it!

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jul 6, 12 6:25 AM
And yet another child abduction plot -- how (un) original. Why can't developers come up with something else? I'm downloading it and I'm going to try the demo but honestly, devs, let's try something new. I bought a game Thursday from another site that is utterly ridiculous, totally different, and I'm having a blast and it has nothing to do with vampires, murders, child abductions, wild dogs, missing people, etc.

**Finished the demo. It's a good game. There are some different puzzles than I've seen before and I like that you have to complete tasks as you go and there are masks to collect that give you hints. Somebody had thought that they wouldn't be available in the SE but they're there.

I guess if you don't mind the theme in general then you'd enjoy it. Me, not so much.

Edited on 07/06/2012 at 7:30:23 AM PST

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jul 6, 12 8:01 AM

Edited on 07/07/2012 at 10:41:01 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 6, 12 8:26 AM
we played this game as a CE and were delighted. we will get this game because it is a FUN and CRAFTY game.---------------doug & lisa

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jul 6, 12 10:54 AM
This isn't the topic of game that usually appeals to me, but for some reason I decided to try it out, and I ended up using a game credit to purchase the game. Iplay on the casual setting and I find I can figure out enough of the game myself to keep interested but when I do need help the hint system shows me what I need to do. I also appreciate the ability to skip mini games and the fact that the HO scenes are not full of impossible to find objects. There are unlimited hints for them as well and the hint button refills at a decent rate. I also find the graphics fairly attractive and the voice overs are well done.I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of the game.

[Post New]by jimlinda829 on Jul 6, 12 2:54 PM

Edited on 07/07/2012 at 10:41:13 AM PST

[Post New]by gentlegranny on Jul 6, 12 3:13 PM
Hi, Fishies!
I am hoping to learn to do reviews soon! So here goes!

There are 2 gameplay modes and I played easy.

There is the usual choice of custom and system cursor
The voice-over were well done almost believable.

There is a journal bottom right and has places for the objectives and masks as well as tells how long you've been playing the game.

There is a Mask right next to the Journal. Whenever you find a mask, it will be added there.

The HOS are nicely spaced, and objects are easy enough to find. Object names in yellow are hidden within another object and object those in green, need an extra step before you can click on them.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS refils rather quickly.

Puzzles/mini games can be skipped. The ones I have encountered so far are really nice ones.
I will give this one 4 Bon Bons

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Jul 7, 12 4:27 PM
The specs of the game are already covered in other reviews but I wanted to add my opinion of the plot and theme as a whole --

While, yes, it's a familiar scenario (someone is abducted), you're going to find that the majority of stories out there all revolve around one of a short list of plot points available.

Yet, from the get go, the story is unique and different. The town itself is surreal and quirky and information is revealed in bite-sized pieces that are perfect for keeping interest without giving too much away too soon. While I could predict where it was all going, I couldn't pin point exactly why or how until the ending revealed it all.

Likewise, the visuals are very unique and never boring. Every setting is gorgeous and almost magical, like a place I'd visit in my dreams.

I actually do not like hidden object searches.... Even in otherwise great games likes Enigmatis, I hate both the act of searching and I hate staring at the messy scenes. But here in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show, the hidden object scenes are gorgeous and interesting. Yes, they have a lot of objects in them, but they're composed in such a way as I didn't get an OCD headache by looking at them.

While many puzzles are rather easy, there are some very tricky ones in here, too. There's new twists on the old standards but there's also something relatively uncommon: the puppet show puzzle in which you fix misplaced objects. I especially enjoyed these.

Personally, I feel that the Collector's Edition is well worth it on this game because of the additional chapter is equally enchanting and fun. Plus, if you enjoy hidden object searches, you can replay them (with new lists every time) in the extras. The only people who should be eschewing the collector's edition are those who never buy C.E.s. If you're ever one to buy a C.E. this is one (especially this weekend with the half off sale going on!)

Either way, it's well worth the purchase! Those who liked the Drawn series and Otherworld: Spring of Shadows will especially enjoy this.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 9, 12 11:15 AM
Game took me a little under 4 hours to complete...but seemed longer. Interesting game with unusual subject. However, I found the game difficult in some ways basically due to the fact the instructions to the mini games were useless and/or confusing since they were only pictures and no dialog for explanation. Sometimes there was no explanation at all and you just had to figure out what to do. Had to do a lot of clicking to get an area to work sometimes.

There was a lot of running around and no Map, so I used the hint button quite frequently which seemed to recharge quickly. Skip button also did, so if you got tired of trying to figure out the games or found them time-conuming and tedious you could move along. Not being a mini game lover, I did do this frequently. Voice overs were actually pretty good. Journal was basically useless.

Actions were not always obvious so the hint button helped with this, but it did add to the frustration. HOS were fairly easy, but not crisp and the items could be very small and oddly named...I suspect this was not an American created game.

All in all, despite these frustrations I found the game enjoyable, but had to stay on my toes and definately had to keep track of what I was doing and to think ahead a bit. I give this game a 3.5 only because of the level of frustration I encountered. Probably will try it again.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 10, 12 3:09 PM
I loved this game. Just finished and was sorry to see it ending. For me at least, it flowed much better than some of the other games I have been playing. I did not have to resort to the hint button for much of the game and the humour was most appreciated. Would love to see more games like this one even if, as some say, the theme was a little repetitive. For myself, I don't mind repetition if it is a well plotted game.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 13, 12 3:25 PM
Ok, finally finished this one; had too many games going at once. Didn't like the storyline at first, so skipped the CE but went ahead and got the SE and loved it! The story got better as it went along, and had a great ending (no spoiler here) that didn't have a continue...

Loved looking for the masks, but didn't find them all, but as nobody seems to know what they were for, I guess it's ok. I may replay this one just to find them someday; when I went back to see how many I had found, it restarted my game, yet kept the # of masks. Not sure how that will end up.

Thanks, developers, am waiting for my next "Rite of Passage" and hope the mystgery guy comes back.

Celticcoco

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 21, 12 7:11 PM
i have been playing this so far for about 45 minutes , waay too much running around, awful soundtrack, and i HATE the black bars on the sides.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 9, 12 9:16 PM
My review is based on the demo. I like this game! I was surprised to find out that my time was up. That usually doesn't happen. The plot (yes, it's a kidnapping) is not original but that's OK.

I turned the music down. It's irritating. I usually don't do that but in this game it was really bothering me - especially when an HOS was completed. Awful.

Puzzle instructions are also poor. I'm not very good at solving puzzles; that's one reason why I am playing these games. I need good instructions. But in the demo the puzzles were so easy that I had no problem figuring out what to do.

I wonder how many artists worked on the drawings. At the beginning of the game the colors are rather strange, almost as if a child had colored them and didn't have many colors from which to choose (maybe this was done on purpose?). Then suddenly the graphics were bright, colorful in an appropriate way, and much more realistic.

I enjoy the added challenge of finding the masks. I have a feeling that I have already missed some so I will be starting over.

Is the game a perfect show? No. But, based on the demo, it's pretty close.

Edit: After reading some reviews I have decided to purchase the CE.

Edited on 08/09/2012 at 9:19:57 PM PST

[Post New]by wildcat_1 on Aug 17, 12 8:08 AM
Fantastic, captivating and original.
Why doubt? Just buy it!

[Post New]by octoberapple on Sep 9, 12 5:52 AM
High-quality game that will satisfy even the most seasoned players. It has so much to boast of. First of all, it is crisp and gorgeous graphics. Second in the list is excellent navigation system. Finally, the level of challenge is high enough not to leave you bored to death. The iHOS are nicely sized and clear enough to find objects without too much unnecessary efforts. On top of positive features are original puzzles and varied mini-games.
I never regretted a minute spent with Rite of Passage. Wish the same to other fishies!

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 8, 13 5:21 AM
At first I really did not like where this story line was headed. I have seen other games with absolutely nothing wrong with them have a warning on them and I just think that it would have been nice to have that. After getting over the initial child abduction scenes, it was interesting enough to play the game to find the children. Also, it would have been very nice to have a map of the area to show where objectives are, and be able to jump locations. Other than that it was normal game play that was some what muddied by a story line.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Jul 7, 13 3:17 PM
Maybe I'm tired today, but I just could not get into all the running around. I even used SKIP on the puzzles. After exploring an area I felt like I had to use the HINT to determine where to go next. The storyline and clues were okay, but the lighting was dreary. I didn't buy it this time around...perhaps when I'm in a better mood.

Go to: