Opa59
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Stuck at the winch

[Post New]by Opa59 on Jul 7, 12 10:51 AM
Anyone else stuck at the winch? I only have an oil lamp and the John Smith talisman as variants in my inventory, and am not being allowed to access one corridor I may have missed for more inventory. I keep being told to take off the engine lid, and lubricate it. But nothing I have works. I would love to avoid the other measures needed when a game freezes like this if at all possible. I am tired of starting all over again! Help!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Stuck at the winch

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 19, 12 12:09 PM
Hi Opa59,

You may have already gotten past this point in the game, but just in case, I do have some info for you -

I checked the walkthrough we have, and it looks like you will need a few more things to get the winch unstuck. Here's what it says to do:

Click on the lawnmower to zoom in. Click the cap to unscrew it. Place the HOSE into the gas tank of the lawnmower (2).
Set the BOTTLE to get some fuel from the HOSE. Fill the engine with fuel from the bottle (3).
Attach the COIL OF ROPE to the engine (4).
Add the oil from the OIL LAMP to the engine as well. (5).
Connect the HOOK to the ROD from step 1 (6).
Turn on the engine by clicking it.
Turn on the switch on the winch, to the right of the engine, to break the wall (7).

You can click here to see a screenshot of that spot in the game (and what all those numbers mean!) and here to go to the full walkthrough and see where to get all those other items you need.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Grani59 on Aug 20, 12 2:11 PM
I am stuck at the winch also. Have put the gas from the lawn mower in the engine and attached the rope, but, the engine won't run long enough for the winch to start. Am all set to break through the wall if only the engine would run !!!! Oh yeah, it won't accept the oil from the oil lamp because it says "take the engine lid off" and I can't !!!

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on May 31, 14 2:30 PM
Add the oil from the OIL LAMP to the engine as well. (5).

Sorry, but you have to put the OIL LAMP on the WINCH, not the ENGINE. Took me several painstaking RESTARTS to figure this out.

Go to: