bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Ghost Whisperer™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 8, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Error 3

[Post New]by redhairjulie on Jul 8, 12 1:38 PM
Does anyone know what an Error 3 message means?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost Whisperer™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 8, 12 1:59 PM
Hi redhairjulie,

I did some checking on this one for you, and found a couple things you can try:

First, please uninstall the game from your computer if you were able to download it before getting that Error. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

Then, also uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager. The help article here goes through that process.

Finally, try to reinstall the game from your Purchase History.

Hopefully that will get everything resolved for you, but if not, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 1:59:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Jul 8, 12 2:14 PM
Do you get your games directly from [Removed by Moderator]? I bought the game from them because I got the advert in my email before I came to BF this afternoon, and saw you had it.
I paid for it, downloaded it, but before I could even blink, my Norton's told me there was a virus attached to the game, and removed the gamesetup.exe from my system. If you get it from them, does the one you have sell this same virus?
I have emailed them about this, but just wondered if I shouldn't buy it from here instead? I really don't want to pay twice.
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 3:17:39 PM PST

Error 3

[Post New]by redhairjulie on Jul 8, 12 2:34 PM
I never got the game to install.

Reply to Lordshandmaiden

[Post New]by redhairjulie on Jul 8, 12 2:35 PM
I tried to download the game from Big Fish not from [Removed by Moderator].

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 3:17:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Jul 8, 12 2:45 PM
Yeah, had I known BF had it, I would have come here first.
I didn't get to install either, because the virus came up just after the d/l finished, before I had a chance to install.

Error 3

[Post New]by redhairjulie on Jul 9, 12 2:07 AM
Just popped by to tell everyone that on the 4th attempt to download, it installed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 12 3:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

redhairjulie, - I'm gald to see that game installed for you and I do hope you enjoy it!

If you ever have problems installing a game again, I would advise having a look at the following help article as it deals with the most common issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed.

I would also like to assure you all that all Big Fish games are rigorously tested and guaranteed to be virus free.

If one of your protection programs flag a ceratin game, the best way of dealing with this is to contact Customer Support and let them know of the situation. There is some information that you can include in the email you send that will make ensure that we can get to helping you right away. For details on what to send, please see the following help article:

Virus Messages

Hoping this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Jul 9, 12 6:17 PM
Okay, so much for asking for technical help.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 10, 12 3:38 AM
Hi Lordshandmaiden,

I am sorrry but to deal with a 'false positive' message like you are seeing, you will need to contact Customer Support so they can help you with this.

That help article I linked to; Virus Messages , lists out the information you should include in the help request you submit and including those details will enable us to start helping you right away.

As stated, this is not something you should be terribly concerned about as it sounds like a 'false postive' and Customer Support will be able to help you work this out.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by NormanFan on Jul 13, 12 7:22 PM
I tried downloading it twice and both times it said my "trial expired", even though I never got to play the trial at all

I downloaded, uninstalled and downloaded again with the same result.

What now?

Thank you to whoever can help.... and Happy Weekend

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 15, 12 5:25 AM
Hi NormanFan,

I do recall seeing some trials running out of time like this is the trial is experiencing difficulties launching and running.

Hence, I would encourage you to have a look at the help article below to see if you can't update some elements that help run your game.

Alterrnatively, please get in touch with our our Tech Support to see if they can give you any more specific suggestions.

Best of luck - I have my fins crossed for you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by madlyn_2006 on Jul 23, 12 9:43 AM
Paid for the game but it won't play. I keep getting error messages. HELP

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 23, 12 10:40 AM
Hi madlyn_2006 and Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game!

Depending on the type of error message you're getting, the troubleshooting suggestions in one of these help article may help:

Access Violation Errors

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you try those suggestions and are still having trouble getting the game to play, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by xapa on Jul 23, 12 2:10 PM
I have bought 799 games from Big Fish and most of them works fine on my PC.
A few onces I delete and reloades and then they works. And of course some I dont like and delete again.

This game I have played the episode A Brush with Death and finished and all went well.
But when I started on the episode Forgotten toys I have problems.

I am in front of Topper Mannor and shall collect some things outside the gate,
and when I do that, the game kicks me out.
I have deleted and reloaded the game, but notthing helps.
Excuse my English, but it is a very long time since I went to school.
Regards
Annelise

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 23, 12 4:15 PM
Hi xapa,

That is strange. I would definitely get in contact with Customer Support in that case as they'll have the tools to take a closer look with you to find out why the game is doing this:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

If you click the blue text it will take you right there. In the meantime, I would check out the steps in this help article here:

I've found that this can sometimes help clear things like this up.

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by neicy4 on Sep 8, 12 5:09 PM
how do you open the package in the hall in the art part of the game?

[Post New]by sjohnson1982 on Dec 8, 12 2:56 PM
I am getting error messages when i try to play the game. I was able to download the game with no problems but every time i click play it says

Run time error
k6034
an application has made an attempt to load the c run time library incorrectly. Please contact the application support team

cannot find import dll may be missing corrupt or wrong version file msvcr90.dll, error 1114

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 8, 12 4:02 PM
Hi sjohnson1982,

Welcome to the Pond!

Runtime errors like that are sometimes caused by missing data or files for the game. One thing that can help is to try uninstall and reinstalling the game, looking out for any packaged installers during the installation process. Many games require specific versions of DirectX, OpenAL and other programs that also need to be downloaded with the game. You can find more information about reinstalling the game here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to look into that for you as well.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: