bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Ghost Whisperer™

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 8, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Ghost Whisperer™? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Ghost Whisperer™ page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 3:34:04 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ghost Whisperer™

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 8, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 8, 12 1:26 AM
This is just a mediocre game for me. Cartoon graphics and no voiceovers. The items and objects are very hard to find. It's a little out dated in game play. I have a punch card and it's worth a buy for me. I am interested in the story enough...I want to find out what happens. I do enjoy "Who dun it" storylines. No widescreen make's it harder for those of us with widescreen monitor's to see the objects.

I always think a game is worth a try no matter what the reveiws say. You never know what you might like until you try it. I am interested enough to buy it. It is an easy free game with punch card for me. It's not the best game or the worst game I've ever seen. But nice try to the developers. Keep trying and listen to the constructive opinions to learn what gamers like.

No: Widescreen
Yes: Fullscreen/Windows
No: Voiceovers
No: Journal
Yes: Character Bio's
Yes: Map (traveling)
Yes: Sparkles in easy mode (don't know about hard mode)
Yes: Hog Scenes (very simplistic & basic)
Sound: Music/Sound
Modes: Easy/Expert
Theme: Based on the television show "Ghost Whisperer"

I rate this game: "Pork Belly"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.
FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games.
PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone.
TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol
PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 8, 12 1:37 AM
Morning, all...

There are 2 gameplay modes: Casual and Expert.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

Once you have finished the first episode of "Forgotten Toys", the episode called "A Brush With Death" will be unlocked.

The HINT (in the shape of a half moon) is at the left. It takes 30 seconds to refill in Casual mode, and also works outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes) by showing you exactly where to find what.

Forgot to mention that when you are in the HOS, you will find occasionally ghostly images. Sometimes one of the words in the list is hidden behind fog, and when you click on the ghost, it will be revealed quicker. However, if you have no hidden words to reveal, you can also use the ghostly image to refill your HINT moon straight away if you have just used it.

The MAP is at the right. You need it to jump to other places - can't get anywhere on foot.

At the bottom is the CLUES list, which tells you exactly what you should be doing next.

Beneath the CLUES list is the INVENTORY. It's hidden until you go over the Inventory name with your cursor.

Puzzles are of the enjoyable kind (the ones I have found so far), and can be skipped. SKIP button fills reasonably fast.

Graphics are OK and scenes are of real images.

--- --- ---

Reading some of the more negative comments, I didn't have much hope for this game. However, having played the demo, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed it - I found the gameplay very interesting - and will be getting this game.

ETA: I have now finished both games - the second game (like a bonus game) was almost as long as the main game. And I very much enjoyed playing it, and especially enjoyed playing the second game, which is about paintings.
And oh, how I wish I could have had those 2 paintings the second game was about as wallpaper. *sigh* Just beautiful.

Thanks very much for a great game. Very entertaining and enjoyable.

*************************** Please no PMs asking for help

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 10:06:07 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 8, 12 1:56 AM
Good morning Lisa, Valdy, and everyone,

This game is one of highs and lows, some very good parts and some very bad things.

The bad:
-story has to be one of the most illogical, convoluted tales I've run across----especially the logic. Where is the plug for the computer at the antique shop? Why, it's on the floor in the hospital. Where is the token for the souvenir machine at the train station? Who knows, since the game cuts off train station accessibility. Maybe later. That sort of thing.
-graphics are just average, if that.
-hint system doesn't help much.
-as Lisa points out, the lack of widescreen can make some of the objects indistinguishable and hard to see.

The good:
-puzzles are fun, and on the easy side, and can be skipped.
-some of the HOS scenes are very well done with a unique perspective.
-and this last part I'm gambling on, but it appears that the game really opens up later on. What I mean is that once the preliminary info gathering is done, then the real quest appears. At least that what I thought before time ran out.

I confess I've never seen a single episode of the TV series----so I don't know if that's a plus or minus for gameplay. I suspect it doesn't matter.

So I'll buy it because it looks like it is going to pick up quite a bit. We'll see. Sort of mediocre, but here's hoping.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jul 8, 12 2:54 AM
I enjoyed it very much which surprised me as I wasnt expecting it to be good, all in all a very pleasant little game with enough of a storyline to interest me, my only problem is how long is it

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 8, 12 4:41 AM
After playing most of demo: I am really not enamored of this game.

It seems a bit simplistic - both graphics and game play. I don't care for the constant "jumping in" of the characters to "talk". If I need something in another area, I get a hint to go to the map immediately. (I think the map will definitely be needed as I cannot seem to go anywhere without it...no moving from screen, etc). The hint button isn't really needed except maybe for some of the H0 scenes as the dialog tells you everything you need to know...and maybe how to accomplish it too. The puzzles weren't too difficult which is a good thing.

I would certainly consider the game "on sale" or as a DD, but I like games that keep me interested and want to keep playing..this one is a game I could play a while until bored, stop and leave the game, then go back to it days later and play more and know just where I was and what I needed to do.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 8, 12 5:26 AM
This is a game that you can't play in a well lit room. I can't seem to find much in the HO's, because of that. You also need very good glasses, for some items are hard to see( blend into backround,or tinnnnnnnnnnny). For me this game runs real slow...................going from scene to scene.................which the game does a lot...........NO BUY HERE

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 5:27:02 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jul 8, 12 6:44 AM
I love when TV programs that I am familiar with and have enjoyed comes to life in HOgames.

This one is a nice addition to those of us that enjoy this type of themes.

Yes the objects are small, it doesn't fill my screen but I still like it, the story is nice and the games looks great.

Definitely a buy for me.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 8, 12 8:00 AM
Well to say I am underwhelmed would be to exaggerate; this hidden object game from [Removed by Moderator] is pretty boring. There are 2 modes of play, casual with a 30 second hint & sparkles or expert with a 60 second hint & no sparkles; you get a map of the town which is used to move between areas.

The graphics are crisp & the artwork colourful & mostly in cartoon style; sad to say the main characters only bare a very minimum resemblance to the TV series. There are no voiceovers & the people sort of whoosh in & out of the scene while their dialogue is on screen.

The screens seem to load quite slowly & often the cursor turned into an egg cup as it seems I was finding items too fast, clicking on an item was a bit hit & miss as to whether it would be picked up immediately.

The hidden object screens are quite small & sit in the centre of the main scene, the items are not too hard to find. Some of the words on the list are hidden & you have to find a ‘trickster ghost’ to get the word uncovered. There are also mini games along the lines of create a picture, match items, etc.

There are two episodes to play but I cannot judge how long they will take as I only played for 40 minutes; that was long enough for me to know that I won’t be purchasing this particular game.

Edited on 07/09/2012 at 3:20:47 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jul 8, 12 9:16 AM
REVIEW OF COMPLETED GAME

I really liked this. It was different - cute and a lot of fun. Good graphics, story, navigation and hint/skip. There's a jump map and plenty of clues and help, with instructions, if one gets stuck. There are a lot of HOS but they short and quick. I really liked so many of the puzzles - they're nothing like what I'm used to - more artistic.

The first episode was 5 hrs long and the 2nd one 3 hours. 8 hrs is pretty darn good for an SE. For sure.

People are always asking for different, well this is very different and I think they did a good job. It won't win any prizes but it's good enough for me. It's not sophisticated or complicated so people are calling it boring, but it didn't bore me at all.

Good marks to these guys for giving us something unusual.

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 10:53:23 AM PST

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jul 8, 12 10:19 AM
I love Ghost whisperer, but this game is not what I was expecting. I found the plug to the computer at hospital, the mouse is another story I am not spending my days looking for it.No buy for me.I wear glasses and still can't find certain objects.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Jul 8, 12 10:52 AM
I purchased the game stopping to buy the game with 2 minutes left, because I want to see how the story ends. It is never a good sign for a game when it takes that long to know whether I want to buy the game or not. I enjoy the story and also many of the puzzles. I enjoy some of the surprises in the hidden object screens.

The one flaw I did not like is it would have been nice to have a zoom in for some of the puzzles like what goes with the dolls.

The main objection I have is no voice overs, this game would have much higher reviews if it was more updated graphics and voices for characters in my opinion. I groaned aloud when the text appeared at beginning of game instead of voices heard. I hope they continue the game series but update graphics and use voice overs.

I agree with the others it is not a 5 star more like a 3 star in my opinion.

Edited on 07/08/2012 at 10:54:58 AM PST

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 8, 12 11:04 AM
I rather like this game. It is bright and colorful and easy to see for me. Some of the hidden objects are very small but still not that difficlult to see. I like the map hopping for a change too. The story is interesting and almost makes me want to check it out on TV as I have not seen it. This game does not have all the bells and whistles as many CEs but the price is right for this game. I am not nearly as articulate as Valdy so suggest you read her review as well as others to get an exact review of this game. But as an older player, I think it is very good and different. Enjoy!

I have now finished the first game and am anxious to play the second one in the am. I liked the game better and better as I played on the first one. There were many things to do that I have not seen before. And it was rather long for just one part of the game especially.
Thanks Valdy for a great review or I would have passed it by. A lot of fun!

Just finished the second half. I loved this game! It got better and better as you went along. Thanks to developers and thanks BF!

Edited on 07/11/2012 at 1:11:47 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 8, 12 11:17 AM
I was a fan of the TV show, but not this game. I was very disappointed. It is quite simple, too much talking and not enough action. The graphics are ok, but old school. and the story moves too slowly. HOGs are difficult to see and so are the ghosts that you need to find within the HOG. Games are very easy.

Very confusing when you are looking for an item in a scene and find out you have to jump back to a totally different scene to get it. The game just doesn't flow well at all.

Might be a nice game for a beginner, but not challenging for me personally.

Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 8, 12 11:28 AM
I didn't like the game that much either. Puzzles were ok but some of objects were hard to see. I never watched Ghost Whisperer, so maybe if I was a fan of that TV show would have liked it better. Only saw one ghost to click on, they were hard to see. Hints reloaded fast but won't be a buy here.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jul 8, 12 12:31 PM
IMHO, I found this to be a fun game and for those who can't suspend belief (IE why is this item at this location) why the heck are you playing "GAMES? Go read a non-fiction book.

The best thing to me is that you're actually getting two games for the price of one.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 8, 12 2:27 PM

Edited on 07/09/2012 at 3:27:16 AM PST

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Jul 8, 12 7:24 PM
Was excited to see this since I'm a big fan of the tv show. But I've just played almost half and hour and I just can't get into it. Was hoping to at least see eli since he was my favorite charactor but my interest for the game was just not there.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 9, 12 3:56 AM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure (Light).

People complain about no voiceovers. It would have probably cost the devs an absolute fortune to have the real actors and if they'd employed others to mimic the voices, then there would have been complaints about them not sounding the same.

I wasn't blown away with the pop-up cut-out characters but as the game progressed, it stopped bothering me. There is quite a bit of dialogue but if you took it away, how would the story be told? When you are demoing a game it can seem like a lot because I think you tend to rush through trying to get as much of the gameplay as possible.

The HO scenes were find items by list and these were well done. You do revisit scenes and items previously found are returned but some have been moved around.

I enjoyed the puzzles even though they didn't go into full screen. I normally hate that but it didn't bother me in this game. Some were old, some were new. Some were easy, some harder.

There are two stories to play and I've just finished playing the first which took me about 4 hours.

There is a map which if you click on it you can see which areas are open to investigation and jump to them.

In the clues box it will give you objectives and will tell you if there is anything else to find before you move on. This is great.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first game and I'm looking forward to playing the second.

Go to: