bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

Post any Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 12 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 3:17:56 PM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

Re:Post any Severe Incident: Cargo Flight 821 technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on Jul 9, 12 1:24 AM
hi guys, not sure if its a tech issue, was really enjoying the game then the cursor and any movement to anywhere wouldnt happen it stuttered and stumbled and lagged .
i`ll hang on a while to see if it happens to anyone else or wether i can blame the weather for my slow internet ,

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
722 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jul 9, 12 1:34 AM
There is a glitch with the mouse and their custom cursor. MY system mouse kept appearing over theirs and floating around. Loading scenes froze my computer as well but then it came back to life after waiting for a moment.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jul 9, 12 2:20 AM
ah right thanks megwoman25, i did try turning custom cursor off but it didnt make any difference, i`ll try again later, its a shame cos it would have been a buy for me !!

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 12 2:39 AM
Hi crispypot,

Sorry that disabling the custom cursor didn't work.

If the cursor is still behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

If those steps don't help or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

belamba
Clownfish
Clownfish
943 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 9, 12 3:35 AM
This game ran fine on my Mac iOS X Lion during the trial hour. Having bought it, the screen keeps going black and the cursor keeps separating from the game cursor.
If I wait long enough it reappears. also on exiting the game, it freezes when I click the 'yes' I do want to quit button!

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 12 4:16 AM
Hi belamba,

This is definitely something our Tech Support can help you with.

Creating a new player profile could help also, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

You can contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jul 9, 12 5:55 AM
Don't know if this is a tech issue or not. There is a minigame involving rotating plant fronds. After I rotated all of them correctly the screen just sat there. I clicked on the scene and it backed me out and when I went back the game was reset. Played again and it did the same. I've got about five minutes left on demo and will try to see if I can get it to work next time.

ETA: Found out I actually hadn't finished the puzzle . I thought it seemed awfully easy!

Edited on 07/09/2012 at 6:01:32 AM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jul 9, 12 7:22 AM
Has anyone one encountered the runtime error? My computer has completely frozen apart from this message, it's just after I collected the bucket to clean the dirt away.

[Post New]by auntypatty on Jul 9, 12 7:40 AM
I have a brand new PC and this game just won't run on it. The welcome screen where one normally enters the players name shows up at a much lower resolution than my monitor supports and I have no cursor. The only thing I can do is use the program manager to close the game. Very disappointed, this really looks like my kind of game.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jul 9, 12 7:41 AM
Yet again, another game I cannot play due to an Error Access Violation when clicking play from Game Manager -3rd game in 2 weeks now with this problem

boochie54
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by boochie54 on Jul 9, 12 7:57 AM
tillybaby wrote:Has anyone one encountered the runtime error? My computer has completely frozen apart from this message, it's just after I collected the bucket to clean the dirt away.

I got this too, tillybaby, although I'd already collected the bucket; can't remember what I was doing at the time.

Also, about 5 mins before that, I went to use the train for 2nd time, and got a big white square in the middle of the screen. I could just see the edge of the control lever, clicked on it and the train went to next location and all was fine....til the runtime error. Checked my updates and specs and everything's okay.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 12 8:15 AM
Hey Fishies,

If you are seeing runtime errors, please run run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

limey_scale - please have a look at the following help article for some advice:

Access Violation

Alternatively, as this is occuring with a number of games, please feel free to get in touch with support so we can help you.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jul 9, 12 8:49 AM
Thanks bfgBaikal, I already have an ongoing dialogue with CS trying to eradicate this ongoing problem, but no luck so far but will keep trying

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jul 9, 12 8:59 AM
I was way into the game - had found many of the needed items and visited many of the scenes outside when my trial was over. I then bought the game. I had some errands to do so it was a couple of hours before I went back on my computer. When I started the game I had lost almost all of my progress. I was back where I had to add the right hand to the robot. Will this happen everytime I shut the game down? If so, I am not sure I want to continue. This would be so frustrating to make a lot of progress only to lose it when I have to close the game down for a period of time. Any help? Have others had this problem?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 9, 12 9:51 AM
i got the runtime error,,,was pretty far, and when i restarted the game, was back near the beginning....i am not one to replay games when there is a glitch like this, if it happens again..i will request a refund......

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jul 9, 12 10:15 AM
NOTE: I did not get a runtime error. I got a message that my time was up. All I did was go to BF and bought the game then left to run some errands. When I came back and started to game I found that I was back almost to the beginning. No problems other than than so far.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jul 9, 12 10:26 AM
pubprof wrote:NOTE: I did not get a runtime error. I got a message that my time was up. All I did was go to BF and bought the game then left to run some errands. When I came back and started to game I found that I was back almost to the beginning. No problems other than than so far.

well i had purchased, and was just about to get to start the frigate..when i got the error....and when i restarted,, i was back to where my demo had ended,,,at the blue dino....i really hope it doesnt happen again,,as i am really enjoying myself...i quit just b4 the error..in the hopes that if it does happen..thats where i will pick back up...wish me luck

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Jul 9, 12 10:59 AM
Me too with the runtime error - twice - having wiped all my progress the first time. Will probably not buy any more till they've been out a day or so - this is happening all too often

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 9, 12 11:08 AM
just opened the game and got a HIgh CPU Useage warning fron Norton. which I 'd disabled right before starting ( as it gobbles up resources I hear). Checked my computer..it has 3.21 **** and 3.0BG of Ram..so, I have plenty of resources. Tried again and stopped the game to change the custom cursor...not running yet..thoughts?
kris

Go to: