bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Promised Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 11, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Post any The Promised Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 11, 12 1:01 PM
Was wondering why I am getting hundreds of tiny blue and black squares showing up on the screen and blinking, flashing or whatever?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 11, 12 1:54 PM
Hi Csustar,

I'm sorry this game is giving you trouble with that! I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team in this case. They have the tools and resourcs to find out why the game is flashing:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

If you click the blue text it will take you right there.

In the meantime, it sounds like the game is having trouble processing the graphics of the game. When this happens we've found that the steps in this help article can help clear that up:

Even though the screen isn't blank, the things that can cause a blank screen we've found can also cause that.

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Jul 12, 12 6:57 AM
Hi,
Has anyone else expirenced the fact that this game appeared to take a long time to download? It must have taken 8 mins. I live in the UK and my broadband is BT Infinity which is very fast. So, is that about the correct download time or is there a problem somewhere?

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Game crashes

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jul 12, 12 9:14 AM
I have been playing for a couple of days now and everything was fine until now. When I try to load the ship the game crashes, I would be interested to know whether anyone else has this problem

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 9:14:56 AM PST

dduck652
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dduck652 on Jul 12, 12 10:13 AM
Game is loaded to far to the left and not centered on screen. Top and botton looks okay.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 12, 12 11:30 AM
Cornishwizar: When this happens, I've found that switching the Game Manager to connect to our servers alternatively can help clear this up in some cases. There is a setting in the Game Manager to do this and if you click this help article here and scroll down to "Adjust Game Manager Setting" it will walk you through how to do this:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

1941grandma and dduck652: I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling these games to see if they make a difference. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

1941grandma: When a game crashes like this, I've sometimes found the steps in this help article can help clear this up as well:

If you click the blue text it will take you right to the article.

dduck652: If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't do the trick, I've found that sometimes adjusting the Screen Resolution can work as a way to get around this.

If you all try these steps however, and if it the game is still giving you trouble, then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you to get this stored out.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!
bfgCimarron

nienke_l2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nienke_l2 on Jul 12, 12 3:18 PM
I've got a problem with the wide screen. I've got a wide screen, but the game adds black bars above and under the screen. So I've got a wide screen in a wide screen. The game looks weird this way (short people and stuff).
My screen resolution is 1680 x 1050. The recommended resolution.
I've checked the help pages and there was nothing that worked. My video card has been updated recently.
Any suggestions?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 12, 12 3:20 PM
Hi nienke_l2,

If you've already tried adjusting your screen resolution to see if that may help, I would recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a closer look at the issue to hopefully get that displaying properly.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by sagerainwillow on Jul 12, 12 8:05 PM
I was told to drop a person onto another person to make them socialize. The game freezes and I get this error message:

Error: Access violation at 0x0053FE5C (tried to read from 0x00000004), program terminated

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 12, 12 9:55 PM
2 issues, that prevent you from completing quests.

sugar - I've sold more than 60 sugars, its not completed the quest (that asks for 30).

corn. its not being added to the inventory. I've switched my field to ONLY corn, I see the workers bringing the corn to the warehouse, nothing is added. my corn level is at 0, I need to create 30 for the natives, to get the fluffer food key. I can't complete the game.

this NEEDS to be updated! and of course, I just bought the darn game. WHY BF? WHY?

V3 updates is available on other sites, why not here?

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 10:02:54 PM PST

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jul 13, 12 12:03 AM
The game crashing was, I am sure, caused by my memory, not a problem with the game

momniecy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by momniecy on Jul 13, 12 6:49 AM
I'm having 2 issues:

The first is the same problem as indigo_ladybug, only instead of corn, my people are producing cogs, but none show up in warehouse. Nothing is being built right now, so they're not being used. I've tried switchiing to making something else, then going back to it, and it still happens. I've also tried exiting and coming back in. There's no way to finish the game without the cogs

The second issue I'm having is the game freezing up. It eventually starts playing again, but you hear the loop of noise and can't do anything when this happens.

Edited on 07/13/2012 at 6:50:30 AM PST

[Post New]by silenita2000 on Jul 14, 12 2:54 AM
I've been playing for 2 days but I cannot continue cause I get a "Error:Acess violation at 0X0053CAD0 (tried to read from 0X00000939), program terminated."
I unistalled and reinstalled the game but still the same.

Pixie222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie222 on Jul 14, 12 5:07 AM
I've been playing happily for ages but suddenly after building the lake house it's crashed. after shutting everything down and restarting game it started just prior to the lake house being finished, waited for it to complete the crashed again!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 14, 12 11:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you getting an Access Violation error, please check out the suggestions in the help article we have here.

If the game is crashing or freezing (without a specific error message), please look over this article:

If you try those suggestions and are still having trouble - or for those of you seeing more specific issues with completing quests - it's definitely best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and give you more specific things to try.

And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint where the trouble is coming from and get it fixed that much faster if possible.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

No hammer in my control panel???

[Post New]by MowMowsGirl on Jul 14, 12 11:50 PM
I don't have a hammer in my control panel. How do I build a house with no hammer??

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 15, 12 4:52 AM
Hi MowMowsGirl,

Welcome to the Pond!

You should be able to assign one of your people to build a house. The first oppertunity to build is when the shipwrecked man appears and you build him a house.

I have included a link below to a discussion on house builing, that may be help as well:

building a house.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/15/2012 at 4:52:52 AM PST

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jul 15, 12 7:21 AM
Well I downloaded this game from another site and it plays smoothly. None of the problems that I have had with the Bigfish download. Says a lot doesn't it?

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Jul 15, 12 7:50 AM
I have had a horrible time with this game. I built a mill and started producing flour, but it does not show up in my warehouse. I am picking and growing herbs, but they are not showing up either. Now my people are getting sick and I can't seem to produce enough food. I started a new colony and I collected all the treasure, but I am 55 units short, so I cannot progress. What the heck is going on???

Go to: