bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 12 12:41 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 12, 12 4:01 AM
I posted this in the comments thread and no one has replied so I though maybe someone else with a possible problem might see it here.

I am totally into this game and loving it!
Especially that cute kitten and the puppet!
However, I don't know if there is a glitch in my game or not.
I have sound, voiceovers are great and all the ambient sounds, and SFX, but, the music only plays during the intro on the main menu page and during the cut scenes and voiceovers.
Is this how it is supposed to be or is the music always in the background for everyone but me????
BK

ETA
Got a reply in the comments(thanks, sassielassie) and seems my game is playing as it is supposed to! Great game!

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 4:25:56 AM PST

rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rpm604 on Jul 12, 12 6:03 AM
Just purchased the game and it is very jerky and slow...

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Jul 12, 12 6:18 AM
BearKat, I'm having the same problem, slow and jerky, very frustrating.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 12 6:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

kpajak and rpm604 - I would sugest following the advice in the help article below to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in game performance.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 7:48:41 AM PST

rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rpm604 on Jul 12, 12 6:30 AM
I just updated Java for 64 bit and the game runs smoothly now.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Jul 12, 12 6:34 AM
How do I get Dr Felix? My game is running so slow,it's no fun to play.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 12 7:46 AM
Hi catathang,

Running a Dr. Felix report is really easy. Just click the link below, which will direct you to a help article with step by step instructions:

Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report

Full details on how to run, save and attach that file to a support email, are included in the article.

So, once that report has been run, send an email to our Tech Support Team with that file as an attachment.

This will allow then Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system which should improve how your game performs.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 12, 12 10:40 AM
with the honeycomb bee puzzle there is no visible undo button.

I looked in the SG to see a screenshot and it says there should be one on the left hand side. I did move my curser over it and it does work although you only see a faint outline when you move your curser over it. But there is nothing there!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 12, 12 11:34 AM
Hi gingergal,

That is very strange! If that ends up becoming too troublesome, I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't working as it should.

Don't hesitate to report this to our Customer Service team as well if you'd like a rep to take a closer look as well.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

!

bfgCimarron

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jul 12, 12 11:36 AM
I managed to get through it OK thanks, especially when I found out if I hover over it I could see the outline of the button and it did work when you found it, you just couldn't see it.

But it sounds like it's not in every game just mine?

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jul 12, 12 2:29 PM
The game had been playing fine but when I used the solvent on the dad's picture and clicked on him the whole screen has gone black - I can't even get out of the game?

I used the task manager to get out of game and went back into game but it did not continue the game - instead it began a new game! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just spent about six hours getting to where I am now!

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 2:34:20 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 12, 12 3:20 PM
gingergal wrote:I managed to get through it OK thanks, especially when I found out if I hover over it I could see the outline of the button and it did work when you found it, you just couldn't see it.

No, gingergal, my game had no undo button either!
I finally gave up on trying to find it.
BK

wheals1
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by wheals1 on Jul 12, 12 4:05 PM
I just finished the colored button puzzle. I got the message that my game was corrupted and will not be saved. I can't access bonus play -- apparently I have to start all over. What do you suggest BFG?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 12, 12 4:23 PM
Hi Joyfullady, I'm sorry to hear that happened. There may be a couple things causing that to happen. There are some basic troubleshooting steps you can take on our help article here that may work to correct that:

wheals1, errors with saving are sometimes related to administrator privileges, but may have various causes. You can view our help article here that may provide some tips on getting that fixed:

Game Not Saving

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into that further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jul 12, 12 4:57 PM
bfgSeine - I did everything in the Game Crashing etc. and everything was up to date and correct. I contacted CS and Allyson is trying to send me something else to try. I sent her a copy of Dr. Felix. Will let you know.

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Jul 12, 12 5:52 PM
My game also does not show an "undo" button on the honeycomb game. However, if you hover your mouse in the upper left hand area of the honeycomb frame you can make out a faint honeycomb shaped button as stated below. (Windows 7 )

BearKat wrote:
gingergal wrote:I managed to get through it OK thanks, especially when I found out if I hover over it I could see the outline of the button and it did work when you found it, you just couldn't see it.

No, gingergal, my game had no undo button either!
I finally gave up on trying to find it.
BK

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 12, 12 6:36 PM
Thank you, Fjorddaughter, Welcome to the Forums
I think I am going to un-install and re-install the game as I would like to try the puzzle again if I can get the un-do button to show even in outline, as I hate to skip puzzles!
BK

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jul 12, 12 10:06 PM
kpajak wrote:BearKat, I'm having the same problem, slow and jerky, very frustrating.

same problem here...

[Post New]by shell020273 on Jul 13, 12 8:48 AM
I have purchased and have a error code 203600, can someone help please

Go to: