bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

NEW PC version available for A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade! July 13, 2012

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 13, 12 2:26 PM
We have a new PC version available for A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade! This new version includes 3 difficulty modes for new players (Casual, Advanced and Expert).

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:NEW PC version available for A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade! July 13, 2012

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Jul 13, 12 2:55 PM
Yeah!! I bought the game!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Re:NEW PC version available for A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade! July 13, 2012

[Post New]by efi24 on Jul 13, 12 7:36 PM
yey great thanks!!
Only... it's a great change for all HOG lovers and watch haters out there, where's the improvement for us TM gamers??
As far as I'm concerned, there is no difference between hardcore and advanced mode as I get atleast silver on most levels anyway and I'd expect you maybe give us just a lil bit more resonable time to finish with gold?
'cause it's not like I'm a really bad player as it feels like this game don't really give me the chance and it's frustrating.
no matter how much I like this game, this didn't help us gold diggers one bit. Sorry.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Jul 13, 12 9:55 PM
I posted a big thank you to Blam! for this update in the Blam! thread, but just wanted to chime in here too. I finished my demo time with the updated game and bought it as soon as my time ran out. Thanks for listening.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 13, 12 10:33 PM
I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled and there was no change?

[Post New]by Mortal_Godiva on Jul 13, 12 11:05 PM
EPF4CATSBK wrote:I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled and there was no change?

I rarely comment on games but I totally agree! I have accomplished gold on various levels, yet the ones I cannot do have not changed with the so called "update".

There is truly a difference between "do-able" and "enjoyable" in this game. I like these type of games in general, but this one will be on my back shelf labelled as "Maybe I will try it again someday...".

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 14, 12 12:04 AM
Well... what can I say but...

****************** YAYYYYYY ! ! ! !

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 14, 12 12:25 AM
EPF4CATSBK wrote:I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled and there was no change?

If you choose "Relaxed" mode, then there is no timer at all. I choose Relaxed mode and am playing at my own leisure. Perhaps you have to uninstall your "save" files as well, which I did, and then you start a completely new game. That might work better.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jul 14, 12 3:11 AM
or you can just change player to get the options, that's what I did. Anyways, finished the game, got all the gold but on two levels which are impossible and I'm pretty sure I improved my technique enough, even at some of the levels I did manage to get gold I felt under too much pressure and every mistake is fatal and really, I totally love fast paste games but there's gotta be some sense to it. It is a very cute game, can't say I'm sorry I bought it, I just wish I could enjoy spending time working those levels without compromising the gold so easily. I like getting the gold I like enjoying my way to it too

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jul 14, 12 3:14 AM
YAY - very impressive getting those 2 new modes out so fast and listening to your (potential) customers Blamdev

& those who didn't buy because of those not being in the original can now get a bonus punch if they use a credit or cash and buy today or tomorrow .

I would appreciate if either the devs or the mods could confirm that if I was to allow the GM to update this game, but if I chose the hardest mode in the new version... would the levels be exactly the same (layout, resources and, most importantly for me, timer) in that new hardest mode as they were for the original single mode version?

I ask because I usually have GM set to automatically update (and that did work fairly recently for a game after months of not flagging them up) but I have just 6 levels left at silver for this game and don't want to let it update if they are going to get easier in the process as I have yet to give up on trying to get gold at the original targets. After having to leave level 22 at silver to come back to, I started leaving any level to come back to if I was still on silver after just a handful of tries, so I fully expect to be able to get 5 of them at least - but only time (and lots of trying!) will tell for level 22!

I turned internet connection off to start GM and switched it temporarily to manual update searching before turning the net back on but would like to know if I can safely switch it back to automatic without losing the challenge of the original targets which I have been enjoying so much.

Valdy - are you saying you had to find the save file outwith the game and delete it to be able to access the new modes? Or do you just mean that you started a new player profile and/or deleted your old player profile(s) within the game?

Edited on 07/14/2012 at 3:17:39 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 14, 12 5:50 AM
Daisy_May wrote:Valdy - are you saying you had to find the save file outwith the game and delete it to be able to access the new modes? Or do you just mean that you started a new player profile and/or deleted your old player profile(s) within the game?

No. I deleted the game, including the .save file from my computer, because I wasn't going to buy the game - not the way it was yesterday. So I can't say if I could have changed the gameplay options if I hadn't.
It was just a recommendation, in case it doesn't work otherwise with EPF4CATSBK's game.

Edited on 07/14/2012 at 5:51:24 AM PST

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jul 14, 12 4:54 PM
THANK YOU! i am so glad to see this update and will now go ahead and purchase the game. thanx for listening to us and taking our reviews seriously. i've been kicking around whether or not to buy this since i did the demo and am so happy that i can now say with confidence that it is a buy for me!

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Jul 15, 12 10:46 AM
Thankyou thankyou thankyou this is now a purchase for me and I know I will have fun, just a point maybe let people know what has been done with the relaxed mode as I know a lot of people including me didn't buy when there was no relaxed option. I am a happy bunny kerching

[Post New]by justchecking on Jul 17, 12 5:35 PM
I started in the casual mode, not a big gamer. So, when I came to level 35, it says I have to collect 5 stones and make an air supply. But in the version I installed (only on Jul 15), it does not have anything on the screen with stones that I can collect. And, I cannot move forward to another level until I complete it. Not sure if this is a bug in the Casual mode. Can you please help?

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jul 19, 12 12:12 PM
Thank you to the game developers for updating the game to allow us to continue on in it. I've purchased it.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jul 20, 12 12:34 PM
Thank you very much for listening to us players. I will now buy this game.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 25, 12 5:01 PM
Thank you so much for the relaxed version, I am off to demo.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 29, 12 2:11 PM
Thank you so much for the three modes of play. I just completed the game in Relaxed and will restart it at the next level up. Fun game that kept me entertained most of the morning.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Aug 13, 12 4:16 PM
I bought and played this game. Enjoyed it except for two things. One, minor, is that the game doesn't save my choice of system cursor and I have to re-select each time I re-enter -- all the other options are saved.

What I really hated was waiting in between levels, first to load all the gnomes in their improved digs cheering me. Then wait for the cheering. Then wait again for the game to load at the next level. Why not let me click past as soon as those babies show up? Irritated me no-end.

Go to: