bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 14, 12 12:29 AM
Welcome to Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward forum

[Post New]by desmondgail on Aug 5, 12 8:10 AM
found all ingredients for fire to scare crows off bridge placed in ring of stones went to get lighter 2 lots of ingredients are gone and i got no idea how to get them back can't go forward and can't go bk thru labryth, help pls.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Aug 6, 12 3:57 AM
desmondgail wrote:found all ingredients for fire to scare crows off bridge placed in ring of stones went to get lighter 2 lots of ingredients are gone and i got no idea how to get them back can't go forward and can't go bk thru labryth, help pls.

What exactly is missing? The Lighter is in the birdhouse on the tree to the left from the fire place. And the root is on the swamp house wall. Use the knife to get it.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Aug 6, 12 11:39 PM
sunsup2 wrote:Were do I find the red lightfor the study room had it and then it was gone
You must take the regular bulb in the study, then go to the Alchemy room in the basement and paint it red in the bowl using some red pain from the shelf. After you develop the film you no longer need the red bulb.

[Post New]by fancyee on Aug 10, 12 9:29 PM
I don't have the frying pan to melt the wax to make candles in the kitchen. What am I missing

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Aug 10, 12 9:48 PM
fancyee wrote:I don't have the frying pan to melt the wax to make candles in the kitchen. What am I missing

The frying pan is on the table where you will be melting wax. Just grab it and put it on the burner.

s_sgs
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Charles Dexter Crashes on a dime

[Post New]by s_sgs on Aug 29, 12 7:20 PM
It's curious that, although it is well known that this game crashes at just about each cut scene, it is featured as a special. To take advantage of the special, it requires that the Collector's Edition of this buggy, buggy, game be purchased for $19.99. Each subsequent hotel game came be added for $2.99.

Doesn't seem right to me.

[Post New]by becky671942 on Jan 21, 13 6:32 AM
I played this game and the ending was very disapointing. Wish now I had not wasted my money.

s_sgs
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by s_sgs on May 3, 13 8:30 AM
becky671942 wrote:I played this game and the ending was very disapointing. Wish now I had not wasted my money.

At least you were able to play through. I didn't get to experience much of it, that is unless the game theme is cut-scene, game crashes, restart. Sigh.

Go to: