bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 14, 12 12:47 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward technical issues here only

[Post New]by parklaneddo on Jul 14, 12 2:00 AM
I got as far to where I have to put the wooden sign on the boat to act as an oar. I know I picked up the sign at the fery dock but when I went to my inventory it was not there so now I'm stuck. Help anyone?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 14, 12 2:06 AM
Hi parklaneddo,

Have you tried checking the other "rows" in your inventory, sometimes it is easy to forget items are there?

If you continue to have trouble with this item, you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and submitting a support ticket by clicking on the Contact Us link on the left.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jul 14, 12 3:57 AM
parklaneddo wrote:I got as far to where I have to put the wooden sign on the boat to act as an oar. I know I picked up the sign at the fery dock but when I went to my inventory it was not there so now I'm stuck. Help anyone?

There is a possibility that you've already used the sing on the boat. Try clicking on the boat to swim.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jul 14, 12 10:55 AM
Game loaded fine, I was moving along till I got to the power pole. My picture in that scene is a black screen with objects that look like cut and paste. The gate and the power pole and rest of the screen is black but inventory bar is still there. When I move to other areas everything looks normal. This is a new problem for me. I have to say I did have probs with the CE of this game and had to uninstall then reinstall to get it to play right. I loved the other Haunted Hotel games and had high hopes for this one. Looks like my system doesn't like it

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 14, 12 11:37 AM
Hi peeshee_1951,

If you haven't already done so, please check out the information about updating your video card and graphics drivers in the help article we have here.

If you try that and the game is still displaying incorrectly in places, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can see what else might be going on.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 15, 12 4:06 AM
Hi RedSox4evr,

I am sorry to hear that the game is crashing despite the fact your computer is up to date.

Creating a new player profile could, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would like us to take a closer look at what may be causing these issues, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Take care,

bfgBaikal

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jul 17, 12 4:11 AM
Played for 10 minutes and the game crashed 3 times.....major bummer....looks liked the game was fixed to be able to play in full screen mode but can`t play the game since it continually crashes....too bad, looked good

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 17, 12 4:17 AM
Hi Pickles77,

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how a game perfoms.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 21, 12 4:22 PM
RedSox4evr wrote:running win7/64bit, EVERYTHING updated. Crash and close right at the beginning when I move to the electrical pole. No loss. No buy.

Same for me - I had the same problem with the CE too - kinda figured it'd be fixed by now.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 22, 12 3:51 AM
Hi kgustavson,

Have you tried following the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement on how the game performs.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Cinnamonbuns on Aug 2, 12 11:34 AM
Soooo... disappointed this game has crashed several times dispite uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times. I even rebooted my computer twice. I have a brand new computer with the latest software updated and video card

Edited on 08/02/2012 at 11:36:49 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 2, 12 11:48 AM
Hi Cinnamonbuns,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Since you mentioned having your software programs and drivers updated, I would recommend contacting our Tech Support team so they can look into that further for you. Running a Dr. Felix Report will also help them determine what's causing that.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Syd2421 on Aug 26, 12 11:45 AM
I have had this game installed on my laptop since it was released and have never been able to play more that a couple of minutes. I get a message letting me know it has stopped working. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling 3 times, updating and it still will not play. I was excited by the game at first...now Charles Dexter just upsets me...sad, sad, sad.

Syd2421

[Post New]by Djualys on Mar 25, 13 6:23 PM
Im on day 2 and I try to put the film in the developer in the study room.
It always gives me the message that the room needs to be red in order to put the film in the developer. But the room is already red, the red lightbulb is in place and not anymore in my inventory. (Even the blue is gone)­.
What can I do??
Thanks for you help.

psgraham
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by psgraham on Oct 1, 13 11:53 AM
I can't get the key out from under the floor board. My lightbulb is blue and I have used the hammer over the signs in the floor. Nothing. If i go down to far, it takes me out of the room. I have seen other post about this and there has been no solution offered other than the light bulb must be blue, and mine is blue.

Go to: