bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Old Clockmaker's Riddle

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 15, 12 12:29 AM
Embark on a fascinating adventure in a world of magic through an ancient and beautiful town in Old Clockmaker's Riddle. The town has fallen to a curse and running backwards in time. Break the town's curse by solving exciting puzzles and using bonuses to free the town's clock tower returning the town to its former beauty and splendor in this fun Match 3 puzzle game!

Edited on 07/15/2012 at 10:56:12 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Old Clockmaker's Riddle

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 12 1:16 AM
This game started out interesting, but got boring very quickly.

There is no widescreen, and you only have the custom cursor.

I like that you can buy power-ups with the gems you earn, but gameplay itself just didn't hold my interest enough.

For those who do enjoy this game: happy gaming.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jul 15, 12 2:18 AM
Hi valdy,
I was looking forward to trying this one, but alas my I pad has said NO!
Hopefully the support team will be able to tell me what to do and I can give it a try

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jul 15, 12 4:14 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:Hi valdy,
Hopefully the support team will be able to tell me what to do and I can give it a try

Hi flowerchild44,
Even though the Mac version of this game has been released today, I don't believe it has been formatted for the iPad yet.
I did not see it listed under the iPad/iPhone games tab, though I could have overlooked it!
BK

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jul 15, 12 6:44 AM
BearKat wrote:
flowerchild44 wrote:Hi valdy,

Hi flowerchild44,
Even though the Mac version of this game has been released today, I don't believe it has been formatted for the iPad yet.
I did not see it listed under the iPad/iPhone games tab, though I could have overlooked it!
BK

Oh thank you bear kat, I hadnt realized, that would explain it! Senior moment

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 15, 12 9:35 AM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:So according to the main page of this game, we get to solve "exiting" puzzles. So does that mean when we complete one, we get booted out of the game?

IT'S EXCITING, BFG, NOT EXITING.

Hire a proof-reader, what?

'Tis funny, though.

OOPS! You could PM a mod or contact CS. I'm sure that they would appreciate knowing about it and they can pass the word to the website folks in Seattle on Monday.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 15, 12 10:58 AM
Thanks for the head's up, darkdisciple1313. I've made the changes in the post here (and cleaned up the other weird symbols that appeared ) and I'll let the team that handles the text on the game pages know as well.

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday!

bfgMonongahela

Easter Eggs!

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Jul 15, 12 9:01 PM
I'm assuming this is the "Comments" section for this game, and this is the appropriate thread to mention this.

Now, to those fellow Fishies who have DL'd or purchased this game, try clicking around on various things on the 'Title Page' of this game. You probably already noticed that the rather villainous looking character's (reminds me of Snidley Whiplash) eyes follow your cursor around the screen. But wait... there's more...!!!
There are a few extra audio Easter Eggs buried there but I won't give them away and spoil your fun. Happy hunting- hee heeee!

I love it when the devs do stuff like this!
I'm really enjoying this game, too. The last M3 offered that I liked well enough to spend a credit on was Ballville, the Beginning.

I am so glad the developers are really listening when we say we'd like a choice between timed vs untimed play. When I read we had that choice in the forum. (Thanks, reviewer Fishies! ) I went ahead and downloaded the trial. When the hour was up (where did the time go?) , I was hooked, and off to buy.

*edited for wonkier than usual punctuation

Edited on 07/15/2012 at 9:09:47 PM PST

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jul 15, 12 9:27 PM
Serf2CavSpaniel,
I looked all over the main page, but did not find the "eggs". Would you please I/M me and let me know what to look for? I'm at a loss.

Loving this game!

TY TY TY
lovetoocraft

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 15, 12 11:20 PM
I'm having a fun and relaxing time playing but don't have any idea what, or why, I'm doing it! What are the piston like things on the left side? And what about the colored circles under the pistons? I'm probably having serious senior moments and just not seeing something. Love the relaxed mode. Just right for those evenings when I'm more brain dead than usual. Lovely graphics! A buy for me

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jul 16, 12 8:29 AM
Just wanted to add my thanks to the developers of this Match-3 game for offering the options of timed and relaxed modes. It is good to see more M-3 developers doing this now.

I'm off to download the demo to see how I like the game. Have been buying a lot more M-3's for the last several months than in previous years. I still enjoy HOG's now and then but played mostly that genre earlier, so I've been purchasing mainly games of other genres lately and am enjoying the variety.

Classicaljazz

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jul 16, 12 2:59 PM
cagamenut wrote:I'm having a fun and relaxing time playing but don't have any idea what, or why, I'm doing it! What are the piston like things on the left side? And what about the colored circles under the pistons? I'm probably having serious senior moments and just not seeing something. Love the relaxed mode. Just right for those evenings when I'm more brain dead than usual. Lovely graphics! A buy for me

Me too!

I'm now on my 2nd go through and still haven;t worked out what the pistons and circles are for! I'm off to play with the title page now, I notice the man frowns when you press quit

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 16, 12 4:16 PM
beryltheperil wrote:
cagamenut wrote:I'm having a fun and relaxing time playing but don't have any idea what, or why, I'm doing it! What are the piston like things on the left side? And what about the colored circles under the pistons? I'm probably having serious senior moments and just not seeing something. Love the relaxed mode. Just right for those evenings when I'm more brain dead than usual. Lovely graphics! A buy for me

Me too!

I'm now on my 2nd go through and still haven;t worked out what the pistons and circles are for! I'm off to play with the title page now, I notice the man frowns when you press quit

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in my confusion! Thanks!

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Jul 18, 12 12:02 AM
Well I'm not sure about the circles, but I know what the pistons indicate, that is the number of floors in each building.

So you know when you finish a level and it says 'let's move on' it means it moving to the next floor in the building.

My problem is I can't leave a puzzle alone and I'm stuck on some of the limited move levels!

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Jul 24, 12 8:43 PM
Kayekog wrote:I'm stuck as in "stuck!" on these limited move puzzles. I'm afraid to skip because it looks like I've have to start all over again on that level. I don't know where I'm at, frankly, but the board has gotten more challenging and I don't want to give up ground. I like it, though. The clockmaker is creepy but am enjoying the artwork and gameplay, otherwise. I love M3's and it mystifies me why I do. It's so repetitive.

No it's ok you can skip them, they're just for bonus gems and experience. I'm a bit of a completest so I like finishing them, but you can skip them if you have to.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 15, 12 11:29 PM
Since I don't like to skip things and couldn't figure out a couple of the limited # of move puzzles, I clicked on the ? in the upper right corner (in a circle). Discovered that it will let you solve the puzzle move by move!!!! Fun to see a clear board, and you still get the points for it!!

Nice touch...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 24, 12 5:16 AM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:Since I don't like to skip things and couldn't figure out a couple of the limited # of move puzzles, I clicked on the ? in the upper right corner (in a circle). Discovered that it will let you solve the puzzle move by move!!!! Fun to see a clear board, and you still get the points for it!!

Nice touch...
Oh wow! Thank you for this. I'll make use of this later.

ETA Each hint costs 3,000 experience points. It's good to have a use for them!

Edited on 10/25/2012 at 6:14:48 AM PST

Go to: