bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Old Clockmaker's Riddle forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 15, 12 12:29 AM
Welcome to Old Clockmaker's Riddle forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Old Clockmaker's Riddle players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Welcome to Old Clockmaker's Riddle forum

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 15, 12 12:45 AM
Hi moderator
I was downloading this game but during the download two programs were offered. One was called OPEN AL & the other was Microsoft C++2010 x 86 Redistributable
Maintenance. I don't understand what they are so I didn't download them. I tried to play the game but kept getting "Error 126." So I uninstalled and re-installed, this time downloading the Microsoft program, but not the OPEN AL. Again I got "Error 126."
What are these two things and do I have to install them to play this game? Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 15, 12 12:56 AM
I can't tell you what they are, but the are needed for some games to run properly. I have encountered them before, and never had any problems with installing them. I did and I am able to play this cute game. I like the graphics, and the characters. Stopped to buy and saw your post. I am sure someone will be in here soon that can give you a technical explanation, but I did find this during a quick google...

OpenAL is a cross-platform 3D audio API appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications.

[Post New]by xander32839 on Jul 15, 12 1:09 AM
I also encountered the two programs - which have been installed previously. I'm not sure why some of the games insist on re-installing.

However, this time was infuriating. My version of MS C++ was determined to be a "newer version" than the version needed for the game; then it told me to resolve that issue before running the game. Ha! Not very likely. I'm not downgrading to a prior version just to run a new (demo) game. Hopefully, it will still run properly (I haven't tried it yet).

I'll edit this post after attempting to play it.

EDIT: The game played fine, even after the warning messages. The only problem I noticed was the intro music stopped in mid-tune (which was actually quite pleasant).

Edited on 07/15/2012 at 1:49:51 AM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jul 15, 12 1:21 AM
dianaluna wrote:Hi moderator
I was downloading this game but during the download two programs were offered. One was called OPEN AL & the other was Microsoft C++2010 x 86 Redistributable
Maintenance. I don't understand what they are so I didn't download them. I tried to play the game but kept getting "Error 126." So I uninstalled and re-installed, this time downloading the Microsoft program, but not the OPEN AL. Again I got "Error 126."
What are these two things and do I have to install them to play this game? Thanks for your help.

You need to put your post to tech issues board. Maybe then the mods will notice it and be able to tell you what they are. I"ve never had problems downloading these file.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 15, 12 1:29 AM
Thanks for the info Wolfenraindancer & Prchalpn! When I posted, I didn't see a "Technical" forum for this game. It was just after the game came out. But now I'll post there.

[Post New]by otterhoundmama on Sep 7, 12 4:10 PM
I really like this game but I am having a bit of trouble. At first, the game would freeze on the puzzles and I would have to go back to regular play for awhile. Now the game freezes whenever I try to restart a puzzle. What's going on?

[Post New]by cajela on Sep 25, 12 11:32 PM
I'm not having any problem with the mechanics but the gameplay is a problem.

There's no help description for the town upgrades. And it won't let me buy building upgrades after the first 3 - even though I have the material. I don't know if this is a game bug or if it's missing documentation, but either way it is annoying.

vescova
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by vescova on Nov 20, 12 2:05 PM
I am having the same problem with 'Old Clockmaker"s Riddle, I used my Big Fish Game Club free game {coupon code}only after downloading ny message said>>can not find import,dll may be missing,corrupt,or wrong version file "OPEN AL32", OR ERROR 126 ABORT THIS GAME ,I have downloaded game at other websites,they all say just about the same thing, seems to me BIGFISH SHOULD ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM TO THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THIS GAME AND ITS NOT PLAYABLE,AND MAKE IT RIGHT WITH A FREE GAME,I have never had this happen before,I buy alot of games and expect another free game code or let me know when this game plays right.

Go to: