bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Farm Fables technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 12 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Fables technical issues here only

[Post New]by wmidds on Jul 16, 12 7:09 AM
OK I downloaded this game and got errors messages when I tried to run it. I have already done ALL the tech help stuff listed above (updated video card, updates sound card, updated all windows components and turned off my anti-virus) and all I get is error messages, PLUS it took 5 minutes off my free hour.

liah22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by liah22 on Jul 16, 12 7:25 AM
Really sad, me too, loose 5 minnutes my free trial and could not intall the game. Now I'm trying in another computer... will see what happens.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 12 8:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

As I don't know what messages you are seeing, it sounds like this is something our Tech Support could help you with.

Alternatively, you could check out the following help article which has advice on how to deal with the most common installation issues as it sounds liek your games may not have installed correctly:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

You can contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Hope this helps.

bfgBaikal

Zazee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Zazee on Jul 16, 12 9:46 AM
My computer crashed during the installation and now "my trial is over". I never had a chance to play...

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 16, 12 12:43 PM
Hi Zazee,

First, please go ahead and uninstall the game from your computer. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

Then, read over the information in the help article I'm linking below, which has some troubleshooting suggestions when you have a problem installing a game:

After you make those adjustments, go ahead and try downloading the game again. The trial time should be back to normal.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/16/2012 at 12:43:59 PM PST

Yknott77
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Yknott77 on Jul 16, 12 3:07 PM
When I started the trial version, I keep getting a BLACK screen. When I use the cntrl, alt and delete to bring up task manager it goes back to the game screen. Just 5 minutes of the trial I had to click cntrl alt, delete at least 5 times. Frustrated!!!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jul 16, 12 5:15 PM
Hi Yknott77,

I'm sorry this is giving you trouble. I would definitely check out this help article here:

As it goes over some tips that can help clear this up (I've found if you try the "Adjust Display Setting" this can help in a lot of cases). However, if you try that and the game is still giving you trouble then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support department and one of our reps would be happy to help out.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Jul 16, 12 5:15 PM
OK... Tried everything that was suggested and still no luck with this game. It's too bad too: looks cute and exactly the type of game I love!

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Jul 16, 12 9:25 PM
downloaded, installed the XNA framework, launched the game and immediately get a "microsoft encountered a problem" send an error report screen. Tried twice, same thing. Looked like a cute game, was set to buy it today after trial....Tomorrow I can't get the bonus punch with purchase, too bad, this will not be a "must get now" game for me .

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 17, 12 4:02 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by persiancat19 on Jul 17, 12 10:29 AM
I click on the game and allow a program to start , then it says it's configuring and it will only do it once. It then goes to the big fish manager with 60 minutes to play. I have tried this several times and the game still doesn't start.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 17, 12 11:25 AM
Hi persiancat19,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. As bfgCimarron linked above, our help article here may help in making sure that your drivers and software programs are updated, which maybe be causing that problem:

If those suggestions aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by tikkibarber on Jul 17, 12 6:44 PM
hi bought the game and its not working it comes up confiuering one time only then goes to the big fish games list

[Post New]by gypsyrow on Jul 18, 12 12:01 AM
I downloaded the trial and can get it to work but when I go to the next level a debug or close box comes up then the program closes and says it is experiencing problems and is forced to close

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 18, 12 1:41 AM
Hi gypsyrow and tikkibarber,

gypsyrow - I would suggest trying the game under a new player profile? This would require you to start from the beginning but would hopefully resolve that issue.

tikkibarber - I would also encourage you to take a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that run your game:

Doing so should improve how your computer handles the game.

That being said, if either of you would like us to take a closer look into your issue for you, we would be glad to do that.

To contact Tech Support for further assistance, click on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/18/2012 at 1:42:28 AM PST

ziggy1975
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ziggy1975 on Jul 19, 12 12:26 PM
I would like to try out this game first to see if it's one that I would like to buy. It finishes downloading or so it says but then it goes to the Installing and is stuck at 0pct. I didn't see any other problems like this. I've also tried closing out the game manager and restarting the download in case I missed a pop up but the only pop up is the one in the beginning of the install.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 19, 12 12:50 PM
Hi ziggy1975,

Please try the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

If you try those and the installation still doesn't work correctly, you can definitely get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to look at what's going on with that trial version and offer some more specific troubleshooting ideas for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by crissimorris on Jul 20, 12 11:29 PM
No problems downloading. My only issue is that the game will NOT fit on my screen. Doesn't matter if I tell it to do full screen or windowed. Even windowed, the sides cut off.

If I can't see it, I can't play it.

kve52299
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kve52299 on Jul 21, 12 7:16 PM
I downloaded it fine but when I go to start it, it wants to configure something. What does it want to configure and should I ok it? I had a virus not that long ago, so I'm hesitant to download just anything Thanks!

Go to: