Reviews for Farm Fables

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Farm Fables

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Farm Fables? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Farm Fables page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Farm Fables

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 12 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jul 16, 12 9:50 AM
Hello.

Well here is my review based on almost 3 hours play where I only got to level 11 out of a whopping 77 levels as I like to get gold where I can.

Now this game might first appear to be another "Farm Frenzy" , but I assure you it is not. This game is pure strategy, great news for those of you who are not fast clickers.

The graphics are great and the animals really cute. You need to sow grass for them but watering is free AND when you want to sell something, it happens instantly from the store.

The store is a mute point for me ( makes the game more fun tbh) as it is quite piddly in size and needs updating often. In this game if you need 25 eggs, then you have to have 25 eggs at the end. However, as the tutorial states, it is cheeper to buy a new store than update, but there again there are several factories you may need to or want to buy.

The music is a bit annoying (very 70's cocktail bar sound) but can be turned down.

The game also offers sound options on nature and effects. These I also turned down as there is more rain in this game then there is in the UK at the moment & I kept on needing a wee break .

The game also offers wide screen (fills my lap top) and HD, Fantastic.

Going back to game play, I have been promised a lot more brain ache to come.

But this game REALLY is all about strategy.

What I have found is if you are not even close to getting gold, you are doing something wrong. If you come close, may be a tweek or two. REMEMBER, this is not a fast click game, so if you do not make gold it is not because you are not fast enough, but because you are not doing the right actions.

May be by Christmas I will have finished this wonderful game. For me it is up there with Joy of Farming (Mental note to finish walk through for that one), tricky, fun, pleasant and well well worth the money Enjoy !!!!!!

I will add or edit after more game play if necessary.

Edited on 07/16/2012 at 9:51:04 AM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jul 16, 12 11:48 AM
I like this game. You have to plan out what to do and it's a good idea to play levels over until you get a star. It gives you an idea of your strategy. Anyway, it appears to be simple, but actually you have to use your brain. I like it

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jul 16, 12 1:09 PM
ADORABLE and FUN!!!

Love the atmosphere and graphics ; the gameplay is enjoyable... a mix of strategy and TM.

I bought.... will play between adventuring.

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jul 16, 12 2:02 PM
This is my impression of this game based on the trial that I've just played. Firstly, it is not a click fest TM sort of game, not in the slightest, it is a strategy based game. I think the
category of TM for this game may be misleading as some other reviewer(s) see this as another Farm Frenzy type of game play and it is Not.
I think in order to progress with gold in all levels a fair bit of thinking/strategy is involved and as far as I played during the trail I did not do the normal frantic clicking that Farm Frenzy requires. To obtain gold you do have to finish in the required time but I rather enjoyed the thinking/planning/strategy elements so I only got gold in 3 levels out of the 5 levels I played but I was not perturbed by that as I was seeing how the game play evolved. Secondly, because it is not a click, click, click, based game I didn't feel as stressed and frustrated as I usually do playing those TM games, as I stated earlier strategy is important not how fast you click. I chose to use my time planning and it was refreshing not to have a sore wrist after playing. Graphics are unique and look much better in the game than from the screenshots here. Again, something different from the same old , seen-it-all before sort of graphics.
My observation is that it is a different style of Farm game and I recommend everyone to see for themselves if it suits them. I enjoyed that there was strategy and thinking involved and not just endless clicking. For people who like strategy based game I would say give it a whirl and play the trial with an open mind and for at least 30 min or so as I didn't get the 'feel' of the game until around the 3rd level.
Many players comment on wanting something different and are tired of the same old same old game play. Well, this is a bit different and the graphics are a bit different, quirky as well, I found that aspect refreshing. I would recommend everyone try and see for themselves but I will say that I am pleasantly surprised at a strategy based Farm game that seems to be a long game so am looking forward to playing some more.

Postive or constructive reviews for Farm Fables please

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jul 16, 12 2:11 PM

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 9:47:03 AM PST

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on Jul 16, 12 2:53 PM
I really like the graphics and the option to minimize/maximize each sound element as mentioned in a previous post. I am a huge fan of strategy based games with resource elements commonly found in TMs. Since this game is promo'd with an extra punch for monthly punch card for free game, if purchased today(only); gives an even greater incentive to purchase. I'm off to put back on my thinking cap and have another go at this delightful game

[Post New]by raynestormrn on Jul 16, 12 7:05 PM
only played a few minutes of it, but not a buy for me. the darn birds wouldn't lay any eggs, and then just up and vanished, and i didn't have any money left to get more. planted plenty of grass. not sure how you're supposed to get any of the goals, when the animals don't lay eggs. I'll stick to farm frenzy.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Jul 17, 12 4:56 AM
Nice graphic, music was ok but best of all is its a strategy game! which i love. Farm Fables here i come!!

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jul 17, 12 4:59 AM
raynestormrn wrote:(snip) the darn birds wouldn't lay any eggs, and then just up and vanished, and i didn't have any money left to get more. planted plenty of grass. not sure how you're supposed to get any of the goals, when the animals don't lay eggs. I'll stick to farm frenzy.

Hi Raynestormn - did you harvest the grass as well as grow it?

If you are so used to playing Farm Frenzies that you were thinking of the way they play, and missed the tutorial bit in this game about how to see when a plot is ready to harvest, then I could see it seeming logical to think that planting it was all that was needed, which is why I'm guessing that's what you maybe did.

For this game the plots are not just for feeding animals. In the next level you also use them to grow wheat.

So you plant the grass and, when it is ready (it gains full colour and a little number in a small circle tells you how many units you will get), you can click on it once to harvest it.

Grass goes to the feed trough above the hens, then they don't die and will start laying eggs. Wheat (when you get to it in level 2) will go to the storage unit.

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 5:17:34 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 17, 12 6:53 AM

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 9:39:11 AM PST

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Jul 17, 12 7:44 AM
Enjoyed the demo - challenging game, not too bad to get to gold star rating - up to level 7 at which point I got a little stuck

I like the fact it's not a click fest - (although I do enjoy the farm frenzy games) and that it's more of a strategy game - however it is still definitely about managing your time well so fits into the TM category.

Cute graphics, music was fine (although I turned the volume down).

Probably a buy for me when I feel like another casual game that involves a little thinking about

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 11:04:27 AM PST

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jul 17, 12 10:08 AM
i was surprised to see so many negative reviews on the download page and sometimes i wonder if it isn't a mistake and they should keep reviews in the forums only. i find people spend a bit more time with the game playing it and trying to understand it before they jump right on and review it and say something negative with just a few minutes of play.

the demo of this was fun and i'll probably pick this game up soon.

i think that most people are expecting this game to run just like ranch rush or farm frenzy or some other game. it doesn't. everyone would do well to not click thru or skip the tutorial and actually read the instructions. you'll find a different twist on the farm game than you've had previously and will enjoy it a lot more if you do that.

i personally liked the graphics, the animals were cute and fuzzy and looked more 3D almost and the rest of the graphics were cute and colorful. the music wasn't great but not terrible, i turned it down tho as i usually play games to my own music.

this game isn't a 5 star game but it's definitely at least a 4. you'll need to think and use strategy to solve each days tasks in time to get gold and i like that for a change instead of the same old click click click.

definitely worth a demo. it starts out easy and gets more challenging so give it the whole hour and see what you think and definitely Read The Directions before you try and play it like it's some other game lol. Happy Gaming

Edited on 07/17/2012 at 2:21:54 PM PST

[Post New]by happylabs717 on Jul 17, 12 7:18 PM
I love it! Took me awhile to figure it out at first but after I read a couple posts here I got onto it. It is a very cute game.

I love the animals. The sheep and what they do is so cute!!!

Purchased happily. I needed something different to entertain me.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jul 17, 12 11:53 PM
Best farm game I have ever played And looong...

Thumbs up to developers - please make more!!!!

[Post New]by shrevesmom on Jul 24, 12 6:04 AM
I also love this game. I like the fact that you have to get gold to move on.....It makes you have to think...you know...use those math skills you were told you'd need from your parents when you didnt understand why you had to do math homework ...one of the best farm games around!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jul 28, 12 6:03 AM
GREAT GAME!
I'm really glad I gave it a chance, playing it for the 2nd time and still struggling for some of that gold towards the later levels but find it fun and challenging way more than frustrating, not to mention duable, just takes practice.
Thanks for this game, I'm having fun!

trish999
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trish999 on Jul 29, 12 3:46 PM
Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this game. It took me over a week but I finally managed to get all gold. I can't imagine what must go into a game like this. So much going on. WELL DONE DEVELOPERS!!!!!! Please do a part 2, LOL......

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Aug 2, 12 9:54 PM
I love this game! Haven't gotten gold on all levels yet but have finished. It is so much fun! Love the graphics. The animals are cute. Really want to see a sequel on this one! Absoluely a blast!

Go to: