Any comments fishes?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Todays DD July 17 2012

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 17, 12 12:22 AM
Hi there Cleo,
Do you have a feeling of déjà vu as you also started a DD post about this game in 2011? LOL
Well, this is an oldie (released in 2008), but goodie in its time. Quite entertaining in fact.
For those of you who haven't played it yet, might be worth a trial at least.
Cheers

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jul 17, 12 12:43 AM
Didn't last five minutes. Told I needed to find a gas can. Found one, clicked on it, it disappeared off the screen and the PDA. but it was still on the list. Finally used the hint. HInt showed a second gas can that wasn't even on the boat. What was the first can I clicked on?

And after I had originally clicked on that first gas can and it had disappeared, when I clicked to go to the map/book, when I went back to the scene, the gas can was back. I am so not impressed with this game, not even enough to finish the demo. I hate yackety yack games anyway. There was a lot of chatter at the beginning, not a good sign to me.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 17, 12 12:50 AM
Hi crowtrobot,
Yes there is a lot of conversation between the two characters, but it is oftentimes important to "listen" to what they say.
LOL about the gas can - guess you thought the same that a lot of us did when we first played the game - got it, no what, need another one?
As I said, it is an older game, but could fill in some time and PC if you persist beyond the first few scenes. It is not as bad as it first appears .... just a little dated for some.
Cheers

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jul 17, 12 10:32 AM
Haven't played this in awhile, but it was another of my favorites. Loved the humor, banter between the siblings, and it was just good old fashioned fun.

[Post New]by BuddhaBuddy on Jul 17, 12 12:58 PM
I enjoyed it. It is pretty easy, but still kind of compelling.

It specifically said "gas cans", and "gas can" appeared in the list twice, each with a different silhouette.

The only problem I had was with the grammer, but it was fairly minor. I have seen MUCH worse.

I like the gameplay, which is kind of unique. Each time you see a scene the first time, it is basically in "adventure mode", where you are trying to figure out the clue to go on to the next scene. As you do them, you get "jobs" from customers at each scene that earns you money, which you use to buy a ticket to the next area. Sometimes you need to find a list of items (Hidden Object), sometimes find 10 stars, and sometimes it is more like an adventure type of scene (fix fire hydrant).

IMPORTANT!!! The jobs appear as email messages on your phone, and even though you can move on to the next area before completing all the jobs, DO NOT DO IT! You can get stuck in later areas without enough money to move on, and the only option is to start over. They released an updated version, but it only mentions fixing a crash bug, so I don't know if this is fixed or not, but I was able to get a ticket away from the first area with one job still available, so don't take a chance.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jul 17, 12 2:25 PM
Did a sequel ever come out for this game????

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 17, 12 2:56 PM
Hi there GeeBee,
I don't think so. Another game "The Book of Desires" has been released, but it is totally different.
Cheers

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jul 17, 12 3:26 PM
This game is terrific. It's HOS are challenging and the silly banter between brother and sister lightens the load. There's a little adventuring between the HOS but not so much to be frustrated by it.

Don't know how i missed this earlier. It's a buy for me

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jul 17, 12 3:53 PM
I would have really liked this game, except to much dialogue, and hidden objects way to difficult to find. This game requires a person of patience.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jul 19, 12 2:56 PM
Thanks Dragon for your help! There probably won't be one since it's been so long....Rats, I was hoping to play the sequel...but, that's the way it goes...

Thanks again
Gee

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 2:59:25 PM PST

Go to: