lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Upgrade the buildings? Instructions please

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Jul 17, 12 12:48 PM
Over some of the buildings I've completed there is a gold star. Over others is a gold star with varying size wedges of green. When I click on those buildings a pop-up appears to upgrade the building with power-up icons and a combination code panel. Can anyone explain what is going on here?

I am enjoying this game. It is reminiscent of Montezuma, but without the complete frenzy. Relaxing and challenging.

HOWEVER, I am a little irritated at the poor instruction. No, M3 doesn't need a lot of explanation, but what are the pistons about; and some of the power-ups are baffling (15 min? til what?)? There are two different tolling bells that sound, one signifies that the time is up, what does the other mean? Other nuances of the game could use more definition. Game play is more fun if you don't have to figure out why the game is doing what it's doing (IMHO). Still, I give it a 4+ stars.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Upgrade the buildings? Instructions please

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Jul 18, 12 7:53 AM
I'm learning as I go....and you say we somehow can upgrade the buildings`? Even if we cannot, the more I learn the more I like about this game. Stopped to buy it, as I am completely relaxed as I play it, The music is amazing, although I want to hear more and hope they change the loop eventually.....or if it doesn't change I am not gonna be picky.

Gorgeous color and the story etc is like being in the middle of a really good Dr. Suess adventure but better. This is something new, different and delightful imo.

I allowed the 2 downloading requests, with no problems - and the game plays like a dream. No complaints from me (the peanut gallery) and I am so pleasantly surprised with this game that I feel like I have found a treasure.

Thank you bf games I appreciate this little jewel!!!!

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Jul 18, 12 9:55 AM
JayTeeLine,
I too allowed the download requests and have had no problems with glitches or other.

I agree, the game (in the timed mode anyway) is an onion, the more you play, the more layers you find and challenging play. I too, enjoy the music, just turn it off for a little bit and it is enjoyable for a good amount of play.

I still am frustrated with upgrading the buildings. It seems the green/gold star indicates how much time is left before the building collapses again. I found an upgrade that I purchased that saved a building from destruction for good (yeah!). However, I've only been able to buy that upgrade 2-3 times. The others, I bought upgrades as available but they only seem to last for a short time (if they worked at all, I couldn't tell). Now, I can't add anymore upgrades and it seems they may be limited availability from the shop as I haven't seen anymore building upgrades to buy in a while. Soooo, every time I go back to the town another building I've previously completed has collapsed again. However, play is still fun and new buildings come open for play along the way.

I'm so glad I bought this game. I love the Dr. Seuss comparison. Keep me updated if you discover any new tips.

janielu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by janielu2 on Aug 22, 12 3:17 PM
Yes, was wondering how many times you have to do the same building? I bought the non-destruction button, but it does not look like it shows up anywhere. I have done the theather about 10 times now. How do I get past it and keep moving on?

Kewp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Kewp on Aug 29, 12 12:07 PM
I too am enjoying this game, however, I have the same questions as others have posted. This game seems to be lacking adequate instructions. I notice that some of the posts go back as far as mid July and yet there are still no answers that I can find. Frustrated!

geobabe1
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by geobabe1 on Jan 24, 13 1:54 PM
Dang, I was hoping somebody would know what was up with the upgrades. This is a fun game, but really sparse with the instructions.

I did figure out that when the clock tolls, it takes away some of your clock hands (or freezes pieces), but that's about it.

Edited on 01/24/2013 at 2:23:30 PM PST

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Aug 1, 13 12:23 PM
The best upgrades are the houses, which give temporary protection. The shield gives permanent protection. Don't use the house until there is no more space for the shield. I still don't know what to do to the two locks, which keep you from upgrading more than three times. The shield is costly, but is the only way to upgrade to stay. You won't be allowed to play the clock tower until you have all the other buildings stable.

Go to: