Spoiler for Level 24

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Jul 17, 12 10:42 PM

FINALLY made gold time 8:49 and to say that I NEVER want to repeat this level is the understatment of the CENTURY!!!

Here is how is accomplished it:

I first sold all hens so I could concentrate on money for a few minutes then I planted as many beans as possible and filled remaining spots with grass to give me a jump on hens (think I had between 60 and 80 in trough)

once you get to all plots with beans (think it was 3rd planting) then you start purchasing storage 5 total (2 of them upgraded to 70 and 3 remain at 40) upgrade grass once and repurchase hens skip the auto collectors they are too slow

always plant at least 4 beans to keep up with money and the rest grass and click like there is no tomorrow lol I ended up with 20 hens (with more I couldn't keep up with the eggs and less were not fast enough at laying)

I tried upgrading grass x3 but kept ending level about 30sec late

Good luck hope this helps

Re:Spoiler for Level 24

[Post New]by darlingniki on Jul 19, 12 8:32 PM
The trick on this one for me was figuring out the storage right, so I did a modified version of what EPF4CATSBK suggested:
I sold all but 4 chickens at the start of level. That $ plus the bamboo at start of level I used to buy 4 more storages and bamboo.
I continued to buy/sell bamboo and upgrading the storage. I bought grass as well to get a decent amount.
About half way thru I started buying chickens, a few at a time to make sure I had enough money to keep buying 4-5 bamboo at a time. That made the biggest difference for me.
When the storage was a decent size and I had enough money to buy 4 bamboo I upgraded the grass.
Once I did that I kept buying chickens, buying/selling bamboo, buying grass and picking up all those stupid eggs!
I finished at 8:38.

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 9:17:44 PM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jul 20, 12 6:52 AM
My final method (i.e. the one that worked after umpteen variations based on keeping the hens) was to sell all the hens to concentrate on bamboo.

Eventually I could afford to upgrade the bamboo and get a flute machine - don't remember which order, sorry.

My general trick was to make the whole section double bamboo, sell all but 3 or sometimes 6 (saved to process in the machine) along with any flutes.

Kept that going and did not buy any hens until I already had one fully upgraded storage unit (100 space) and another well on the way.

Whenever I didn't have enough money to plant all bamboo I put grass in any remaining spaces, and had fully upgraded grass by the time I bought a few hens along with a hedgehog to collect.

I kept pushing at the bamboo/flute and more grass angle (eventually having 2 fully upgraded flute machines going) adding more hens and hedgehogs as I went along so that by the end (when I had 270 storage space, across 3 units) I had well over 30 hens and 3 (or maybe 4?) hedgehogs as well as collecting some eggs myself.

Made it in 8:20 with that method.

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 6:52:37 AM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Spoiler for Level 24

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 23, 12 9:50 AM
EPF4CATSBK wrote:
FINALLY made gold time 8:49 and to say that I NEVER want to repeat this level is the understatment of the CENTURY!!!

Here is how is accomplished it:

I first sold all hens so I could concentrate on money for a few minutes then I planted as many beans as possible and filled remaining spots with grass to give me a jump on hens (think I had between 60 and 80 in trough)

once you get to all plots with beans (think it was 3rd planting) then you start purchasing storage 5 total (2 of them upgraded to 70 and 3 remain at 40) upgrade grass once and repurchase hens skip the auto collectors they are too slow

always plant at least 4 beans to keep up with money and the rest grass and click like there is no tomorrow lol I ended up with 20 hens (with more I couldn't keep up with the eggs and less were not fast enough at laying)

I tried upgrading grass x3 but kept ending level about 30sec late

Good luck hope this helps

You're not kidding there about clicking like there is no tomorrow and those egg collector things are soooooooo slow! I'm arthritic challenged and move along faster than that. I about lost the will to live on this level. I had a whopping 4 seconds left.

Oh and yes this did help A LOT. Thank you.

RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by RainCat on Aug 1, 12 9:36 PM
Similar to what everyone else did:

I sold ALL the chickens first and did not buy any chickens again until I had purchased all the storage sheds and upgraded them. (2x70 and 3x40)

It is much easier if you just concentrate on the bamboo, and don't worry about chickens at the same time.

After the storage was all done, I then bought one grass upgrade.

Then 6 bamboo & 4 grass and as many chicken as I could manage.
Collected eggs
Repeated these 2 steps until I had around ~25 chickens.

Then just concentrated on the grass (now 6) and bamboo (now 4).

Finished in 8:08

[Post New]by LunarMovements on Aug 21, 12 8:02 PM
I followed EPF4CATSBK's method in all things except one...

Once I had all my chickens I went ahead and bought 3 of the hedgehogs (collectors). That seems to be the best number. They kept up with the egg production without any problem, but were never idle. No endless clicking for me!

I finished, relatively stress free, at 8:31.

Thanks EPF4CATSBK for all the work you've done on this forum. This game wouldn't be half the fun it is if it weren't for your help.

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Jul 27, 13 10:07 AM
I made it in 7.12 by waiting longer to buy the chickens and buying about 50 all at once, and upgrading the grass to maximum. I sold the chickens first the planted bamboo and everything else until I could upgrade the bamboo 2 X and then planted and sold and got 2 hedgehogs and the chickens.

Go to: